New Board Software, New Server

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garbro77

Oct 15, 2010
Most of the comments here are connected with browsing the forum. As a regular poster here, I'm very happy with the changes brought on by the new script, which seems to me to be better than VBulletin. Yes, I had to make some adjustments to the "new ways", but overall I'm happy with it. The forum is also never slowed down the way it was in the past, no matter if I get on during day or night hours.
I'm sure that in time, you guys will find the settings you need to fix the bugs that are inevitable with a new forum script/server migration.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolKevin

oooiooo

Dec 5, 2009
I'm seeing that, too, in the hover previews on Firefox. As far as I can see, they just don't get converted from the [img] bbcode.

Thankyou first!! ;)

you mean i can't solve this problem by way of changing my client browser(chrome) settings , right?

thelolibear

Loli Collector
Apr 30, 2007
Hello WB! really missed it, but so much is gone, feels like last time when the site got shot down.... all the albums and groups are gone, the most important part of AO! damn... still its great that the site is back, was it really necessary to change it?

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Great job on the forum guys. Just had a question:
How do you send a privet message? In old forum there was a text link titled: "Send Privet Message". I just want to ensure the the message goes to someone specific and not to the main message page where everyone reads it.
Is there something I need to turn on for that.

Advanced Thanks.
By the way, I like the yellow background in the text dialog boxes, it 's easier on the eyes.

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
Great job on the forum guys. Just had a question:
How do you send a privet message? In old forum there was a text link titled: "Send Privet Message". I just want to ensure the the message goes to someone specific and not to the main message page where everyone reads it.
Is there something I need to turn on for that.

Start a Conversation should be PM with this forum software

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
Hi, Where can i access my subscription?

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
Thanks, I prefer to use the unread watched threads

nestletollhouse

Jul 3, 2009
SO.....UNTIL WHAT SO CALLED SUPER MODERATOR FINISHED UPDATING THE WEBSITES SO WE CAN SEE THE ALL THREAD WITHOUT OPEN IT ONE BY ONE, I'M NOT GOING TO USE AKIBA-ONLINE....BECAUSE IS DUMB....

ALSO SAME PROBLEM WITH oooiooo

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
We've migrated the search to a more robust search system, which scales better and supports more elaborate queries. Let us know if you have any more search problems.

We've increased avatar size in display and added a new selectable style (will become default when it is configured)

We will be testing a CMS integration that allows display of expanded threads like the old "Downloads" and "Torrents" pages we had. Hopefully have something up within a day.

Last edited:

sylove4e

Aug 29, 2010
now that i realize the Style Chooser option on the bottom left of the page, i really enjoy this style much much more on top of the perk of it loading faster!

Jul 21, 2009
The Orange/Blue style is now the default. We also have a dark you can choose.

great its very easy to see whats new!

Status
Not open for further replies.