New Board Software, New Server

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elias perrian

Sep 17, 2010
Looks good and I believe easier to use. We'll just have to fool around with the new format a bit. I made a promise to myself that in this IT age I will not become set in my ways, I will adapt. Thanks for all the hard work!

Reactions: CoolKevin

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

bobthemonkey

Sep 25, 2007
that was the problem, it was a bug in the vb system, no idea how and why, and vb help were totally useless (so was I, but I did not build the program):mad:
Oh yeah, I'm not surprised. That's some pretty advanced stuff you're dealing with and it doesn't help that the underlying piece of that was made back when utf-8 wasn't the standard.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Guess i should ask in here, why after the upgrade my account showed "Banned"? Before the upgrade it still showed senior member and i never get banned but now it showed banned how come?
Can any mod or admin please take a check what causing it?
Thanks in advance.

looking into it now = now sorted, and check before you post, it was a suspension you was serving

Last edited:

charles carmichael

Aug 31, 2013
welcome back!! diggin the new look but how do you get see the new posts overview that include the pics and sometimes screenshots instead of just the title of each post and having to click on the title to get a view of the post. i liked having the overview with the pics hope they come back. but i'm definitely glad you guys are back up and running! :)

Reactions: _2old_

sknet

Jan 23, 2012
1. how to do search now? doing by movie code resulting error message like "too short"
2. this new forum now we have to open thread one by one? (couldnt we have something same like before?)

thanks

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
1. how to do search now? doing by movie code resulting error message like "too short"
2. this new forum now we have to open thread one by one? (couldnt we have something same like before?)

thanks

we are trying to resolve that problem

abubin

Jul 6, 2009
welcome back. The db migration/conversion sure took a long time. How big was the DB file?

Hope there are proper backup system being implemented.

Keep up the great site.

ps. why is the website running on a windows server?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
welcome back. The db migration/conversion sure took a long time. How big was the DB file?

Hope there are proper backup system being implemented.

Keep up the great site.

ps. why is the website running on a windows server?

yes back ups was and is made, hence why we got most of it

as for windows it is understood better by chompy

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
searches for the time being if you search ABC-123, the string is too short, it either needs either 4 letters/numbers not found the wildcards yet
but ABC123 does work

we have got to look into it recognising the hyphen - so you may want to look for codes without it (listen out for further notices)

DarkDeveloper

Nov 25, 2009
Good to see you back, I notice that if I try to search the board using a Jav code (i.e. ibw-049), i get an error stating that the search criteria is to short.... How do I search for Jav codes otherwise?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.