JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Itsabiggapepperoni

Jan 21, 2022
After two and half years of radio silence, M Girls Lab is back with a new VR scene, im excited!
mvr00004jp-2.jpg
MVR-004 with a rising anal queen Suzune Kyouka. I'm expecting lots of anal and deepthroat action. Anything other than vanilla is very underrepresented in VR, so I'm always happy to see something that fits my kinks.

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
After +150 movies at last Madonna VR is starting to film real VR titles, with the camera close, full nudes and face-to-face scenes. In the last two or three months they have published excelent VRs, but JUVR-156 is the best of all, in my opinion....

juvr-156-jpg.3086258

Rinko Kinoshita is a very beautiful woman with a perfect body. She baths with you and there are face-to-face seated cowgirl, missionary, doggie, and others.

It is awesome, the best mature VR I have ever watched.

I beg Madonna VR to make a VR just like this one but with Maki Hojo and Maki Tomoda, Please!

It is very frustrating that, with the closure of R18, I can't buy this title anywhere in the world without having to use a VPN.... :(

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
After 4 years, the legend Chisato Shoda returns to VR!!! And in 8K!! (only 30 fps). An exclusive of A Festa VR.

it is DPVR-007 and unfortunately, that means no face-to-face scenes and the camera is miles away.... :(

There's a trailer at A Festa VR, if you want to download it. Out 11-11.

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Well, only five days after saying it:

I beg Madonna VR to make a VR just like this one but with Maki Hojo and Maki Tomoda, Please!

juvr00157pl.jpg

:blink::blink::cinta:

Now with Maki Hojo, Madonna VR!!! :)

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Does anyone know what happened to the 8K versions DMM was preparing? It's been 3 or 4 months and no news.

Same with the 6K Koala VR titles. They have released 2 or 3 titles and then nothing.... :(

tim-o-tea

Sep 20, 2020
Does anyone know what happened to the 8K versions DMM was preparing? It's been 3 or 4 months and no news.

Same with the 6K Koala VR titles. They have released 2 or 3 titles and then nothing.... :(
i think its very likely that due to that new AV law they have to push it for a while. I hope we will see 8k scenes soon on Fanza. Their marketing strategy doesnt make sense to me.

Whats the point of producing a long full 8k video and giving it away for free (in order to convince potential buyers that they should buy 8k releases) and then no releases are coming. Just so strange.

As for the 8k releases on Afesta from DPVR, i noticed that on the english website they are marked with 30fps but when changing to the japanese version, it does show 60fps. For DPVR-006 i.e. the filesizes also differs (eng) https://www.afesta.tv/en_vr/face.php?fid=35182754e8294b1a246ec62cbf4a86ca 30fps 7.64GB vs. (jp) 60fps 21.39GB https://www.afesta.tv/vr/face.php?fid=35182754e8294b1a246ec62cbf4a86ca. I did give it a try and purchased that scene and i can confirm that the video has a resolution of 8192x4096 and 60fps (!). First impression is that image is pretty sharp (to me looks better than the demo from Fanza, but not as sharp as some of CzechVR releases). However i think that they use a similar approach as CzechVR for filming. CzechVR does actually film in 30fps and then use frame rate interpolation to bring it to 60fps. DPVR seem to do that too but not as good as CzechVR as sometimes i notice some stuttering. Its not as bothering as on a 30fps video but its still noticeable. A first i thought there is some issue with the player but i notice the same on the 4k version of that video.

Reactions: Walle12

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Yes, it is very strange what has happened with DMM's 8K videos. I don't understand either that they promote it by giving away a movie, and then they don't release anything for 6 months.... :(

As for DPVR, I bought DPVR-007 Takumi at A Festa (English version) to test, and the video is at 4K.... :( I have complained, they say they are going to look at it, but it is still there for days at 4K... I'm going to see if I can get it from the Japanese store...

UPDATE: I have downloaded it from the japanese store, and you are right, it is 8K and 60 fps!! Thanks for the tip! I don't understand that in the English store it is only at 4K, although the title says 8K.... And I don't understand that after warning them a few days ago, they still haven't corrected it... Strangely enough, the trailer is at 8K and 60 fps...

Too bad the DPVR camera shots are so bad, with all the sex scenes so far away....

Last edited:
Reactions: tim-o-tea

tim-o-tea

Sep 20, 2020
As for DPVR, I bought DPVR-007 Takumi at A Festa (English version) to test, and the video is at 4K.... :( I have complained, they say they are going to look at it, but it is still there for days at 4K... I'm going to see if I can get it from the Japanese store...

UPDATE: I have downloaded it from the japanese store, and you are right, it is 8K and 60 fps!! Thanks for the tip! I don't understand that in the English store it is only at 4K, although the title says 8K.... And I don't understand that after warning them a few days ago, they still haven't corrected it... Strangely enough, the trailer is at 8K and 60 fps...

Too bad the DPVR camera shots are so bad, with all the sex scenes so far away....
Thats so strange, initially i thought its just the information thats wrong. It seems like afesta doesnt really care about the english website, when actually i expect they would have more traffic due to r18's closure. Is that DPVR-007 video stutterfree? You are right about that camerapositioning, but what is nice to see that even scenes that are filmed badly profit from the extra resolution. I cant imagine what other studios would be able to deliver with 8k.

Yes, it is very strange what has happened with DMM's 8K videos. I don't understand either that they promote it by giving away a movie, and then they don't release anything for 6 months.... :(
It is weird yes, but the more i think about it, i think there are several reasons why we havent seen 8k JAV releases yet.

1. Due to that new AV law (https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/new-av-law.2083809/) production of content has slowed down a lot. Here mainly why:
The law also requires a one-month interval between the signing of a contract and the start of filming, and a four-month interval between the filming and the release of the film.
So its not a suprise that releases dropped a lot in the recent months. What is worrysome that even top studios like Unfinished (URVRSP) seem to struggle. Their VR movies are even listed in the overall sales charts on Fanza (you can find them in the zenra blog) and also they seem to be part of the outvision group (so basically belong to Fanza) i would have guessed that they are doing pretty good. But a recent twitter post does make me worry:
1669559795945.png

2. Not enough customers with an 8k Headset

The closure of r18 and they way afesta maintains its english website showed again how unimportant the western/international market for JAV companies is. In order to fully profit from the 8k resolution people need a proper viewing device. If you look at the (for JAV relevant) market of Japan you will see that smartphone VR is still pretty common. And while there are a few smartphones that would have sufficient displays (at least 4k), the 8k Promo is only supported by the Quest2 app and the SteamVR app. I am not saying that PCVR is dead but i guess if you look at the numbers from a sales perspective, PCVR-Headsets that are sufficient for 8k releases (Reverb G2, Arpara, Pico 4) is very low (imho) and not really relevant. That leaves only the Quest 2 which doesnt seem to have been sold so good in japan. I found some numbers from a year ago claiming only around 80k devices sold in japan . To give a perspective. PSVR got sold 50k times in the first week alone in japan. With the new PSVR 2 being announced to be released in next february and given Sonys dominance in japan I expect Fanza to launch 8k releases around that time. Good thing could be that there would be enough time till then so there probably would me multiple releases already done.

3. They dont want to "cannabilize" their 4k sales

Due to that new AV law i guess they still have a lot of releases that are waiting to be released. With these releases to be in 4k, i wouldnt be smart to release 8k content because sales would drop dramatically. (i guess it was similiar for the switch from 30fps to 60fps aka takumi). Its interesting to see that even releases that were filmed in resolutions higher than 4k are still released in 4k on the Fanza website. If you search for these 8k releases from DPVR you can see from the filesize on Fanza that they are still in 4k.

Reactions: Walle12

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Thank you for the complete information. There has been a perfect storm that plays against us.... :(

The new law seems to be doing a lot of damage to releases, I hope the studios get used to it, and pick up the pace.

I am sorry to hear about Unfinished (URVRSP) because for me it has been my favorite JAV VR studio of 2022. Let's hope it can bounce back.

Something should be done by Fanza to win back the western market, especially in the much smaller VR market. For me it's very frustrating not to be able to buy all the Unfinished (URVRSP) and other movies, I would spend hundreds of euros if they let me. But I can only buy the SOD VR titles at A Festa, and little else. The KMP ones interest me almost none, although I'm buying some of them.

I think SexLikeReal is negotiating with DMM to publish their titles, but it would be streaming only, so I'm not interested.

My hope is that after closing R18, in a few months DMM will decide to open a completely new western store.

About 8K, I've always been surprised to find that the Japanese make cutting edge technology, but their users take forever to adapt it. I find it amazing that people still buy DVDs, but they do.

It's true that almost everyone there uses VR with cell phones, and that's a serious problem for 8K video. I thought Quest 2 had sold more. I hope the Quest 2 and Pico 4 will sell a bit more this Christmas, those 4 months of waiting for the new law will pass and the releases will be continuous, and that at the beginning of the year at last the 8K titles will come out. Maybe PS VR 2 can help a little.

Hopefully DMM will find a way to raise some money from western users.

Is that DPVR-007 video stutterfree?
No, it has some little stuttering. It does not bother much, but it is present. But the image quality is awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing all the releases look like this.

MagillaGo

Sep 14, 2013
Does anybody have recommendations similar to DSVR-1137? This is probably my all time fave VR video. The acting is superb and when the mom comes in almost catching you in the act is great immersion. Also the setting is somewhat unique as well.

DeadGuy88

Apr 25, 2008
I am not into niche, so I don't follow these launches very much. But I don't remember any such titles.

The closest I've seen is NHVR-191, where you hypnotize girls and you can make them do weird things like urinate as a dog...
Hey, I'll take what I can get.

It's a shame there isn't more watersports on women in VR... One thing I do love about JAV (3D and Flat) is that japanese women are a lot better about not letting piss go to waste. In western videos the woman's mouth isn't even full before they're pushing it out, japanese women will show their mouth full and then swallow. I'd take that with censorship over women doing it half assed uncensored.

The next week launchs MVR-004, with some weird anal scenes...

It's too bad the anus isn't completely free of censorship... you can have a close up of the girl "winking" it... but put a finger in there... gotta have mosaic on it.

(Sorry about the slight off topic)

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Does anybody have recommendations similar to DSVR-1137? This is probably my all time fave VR video. The acting is superb and when the mom comes in almost catching you in the act is great immersion. Also the setting is somewhat unique as well.
Sorry, I have seen some, but I don't remember the IDs... :(

Hey, I'll take what I can get.

Now VRs take very little risk, they all basically do the same thing.

Chryptic

Apr 12, 2022
if anyone has seen anywhere hunvr-014 ? ichigo aoi is in a vr scene which is 1 of 2 that she did.. and the second s a fully clothed upskirt fetish video which i have no interest in. but very interested to find hunvr-014 as it looks like she does a full naked sex scene

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
if anyone has seen anywhere hunvr-014 ? ichigo aoi is in a vr scene which is 1 of 2 that she did.. and the second s a fully clothed upskirt fetish video which i have no interest in. but very interested to find hunvr-014 as it looks like she does a full naked sex scene
Sorry, I don't have it. It's an old title, difficult to find. I did a search and couldn't find it anywhere... :(

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Good luck!!

mastadivinity

Jan 11, 2010
there is another one she did while on a train but sadly she wasn't the focus.