Does anyone actually pay for hotfile or rapidshare?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

lumeiwan

Oct 5, 2008
Whatever you do, DO NOT get Hotfile Premium. I gave in when i saw some of the videos i want that was only on Hotfile, can't regret more.Imagine download speed at less than 1kb/s. My Rapidshare premium is way better.

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
Whatever you do, DO NOT get Hotfile Premium. I gave in when i saw some of the videos i want that was only on Hotfile, can't regret more.Imagine download speed at less than 1kb/s. My Rapidshare premium is way better.

yeah about that.... you probably aint using a download manager(and if you are switch ti with orbit trust me) i use orbit and i get 860kb/s everytime same goes with megaupload and for rapidshare i use flashget and get the same speed

you’ve been lawyered!

oh and yeah jdowloader can suck my prick

xuhhep

Señor Baka
Oct 8, 2007
I pay for rapidshare, hotfile, and the Usenet. For the 20 bucks a month together i can pretty much find and download anything i want.
I never had any problems with low bandwith as a paying customer, too.

lucy_manners

Dec 29, 2008
Is anyone else having problems with hotfile premium? I use jdownloader but in the last couple of days it keeps diconnecting my paid membership after a couple of gigs and failing to log back on.

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
I just put all files in jdownloader and let it make the job :sadomaso:
no need to pay :pandalaugh:

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
I just got an email from rapidshare a couple of days ago, telling me I had recieved a free premium account. 'Oh good' I thought. I heard that they give free premium accounts to users whose uploads are downloaded a lot. I thought, that must be what this is. Uh uh. Once I logged onto to rapidshare, I discovered that I could no longer download as a free user, and neither could I download with my premium account unless I put some money into it. What a crock.

To fix things, I had to go searching for their cookie and delete it so that I could again be an anonymous user and download for free.

ThatOtherPerson

Jul 15, 2010
I don't pay. I'm totally content with using Jdownloader and the free services that all those sites offer. Having comparably better download speeds or shorter waits or things like that wouldn't even be much of a help for me anyways. The bottle neck that keeps me from downloading more content isn't sites throttling my download speeds its my ISP charging extra if I go over a monthly bandwidth limit.