I hate rapidshare!

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I will still defend rapidshare, it is the fastest download, how many other places can you download over a GB in less than 15 minutes

ircaddicts

Jun 18, 2009
I will still defend rapidshare, it is the fastest download, how many other places can you download over a GB in less than 15 minutes

And how many hours did you have to wait for the link 50 ?. UNrapidshit is the WORST file host by a VERY long way, AND even if thats true which is VERY unliekly that is STILL SLOW compared to the 300MB a min I can get with deposit files

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Everyone has a different experience with each data hoster, it's misleading to compare them based on personal results.
It depends on the country you are on, the time or hour of day, the number of files you want to download per day (per hour ?), etc

In short there is no absolute "best" data hoster site.

And for me the fastest in downloading is usually Megaupload. :evillaugh:

PS: for uploads I use Rapishare (small files) or Megaupload (big files), and I don't have a hidden agenda as far as I know :secret:

V for Vendetta

The verdict is vengeance.
May 14, 2009
And how many hours did you have to wait for the link 50 ?. UNrapidshit is the WORST file host by a VERY long way, AND even if thats true which is VERY unliekly that is STILL SLOW compared to the 300MB a min I can get with deposit files

Oh, please, learn to use download programs...

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

no waiting time striaght in, and I found deposit files slower, but still ok, I found hotfile the 2nd fastest

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Rapidshare, Megaupload, Hotfile, and Mediafire are all about the same for me, usually in the 300 to 700k/s range with Hotfile sometimes going over 1m/s on multiple file downloads. The only thing with hotfile is sometimes it just stops downloading so you have to pause and restart. Mediafire and Megaupload are probably the best free, and Rapidshare and Hotfile a pain, so I have premium accounts with those. I tried a Megaupload account but it wasn't really much different time wise than free so I dropped it.

Now for me deposit files is the worst with never getting much out of the single and never out of the double digit k/s speeds, followed by filefactory which is pretty much the same. Last time I got a 1gb video from deposit files with wait time it took over 20 hours, compared to about 30/40 minutes at the most with the others.

ircaddicts

Jun 18, 2009
Well it has just taken me with waiting time from the 30th of march to an hour ago to get a 2.67 Gb file off hotfile (split into 14 parts) compare this to 10 mins for 2.2 Gb (split in 3) from deposit files. I suppose I'm lucky it was'nt on rapid shit or I woukl still be waiting for a link to the first file :pandalaugh:

V for Vendetta

The verdict is vengeance.
May 14, 2009
d/l programes don't help you still have to wait days for a chance to d/l and then its only sub 10k/ a sec. rapidshit fanboi much :evil:

If you really want to download fast that badly why don't you download from torrents? The good thing of uploaders is to keep the files longer (months, years....) and the BEST option for that is Rapidshare, even just having 1 download every 30 days the file won't be erased, other uploaders just erase files when get older :sadomaso:

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
even just having 1 download every 30 days the file won't be erased, other uploaders just erase files when get older :sadomaso:

files retention rate:

60 days for rapidshare
90 days for hotfile
90 days for megaupload
for mediafire is even better (if what tey say in the FAQs is the truth)

rapidshare still is the worst.

WankerSpanker

Jun 25, 2009
Dumped Rapidshare when they SCREWED me AFTER I paid for a service then LIMITED what I could do with it AFTER I PAID.

Moved to Hotfile and it is FASTER and More reliable AND NO LIMITS.

The only way you can defend Rapidshare is if you are 1) Not a large down loader or 2) Just trying to make yourself feel better because you paid for a LONG contract and you are STUCK.

ircaddicts

Jun 18, 2009
you forgot reason 3 wankerspank which is all those delusional rapidshit fanbois who dispite all the facts STILL think its the best thing ever. oh and V for, not eveything I want is on torrents and once every 30 days is as usual for rapidshit the worse. I just uploaded a file today to deposit files 06.04.10 and it won't be deleted until 12.06.10 if no one downloads it.

p0rnMeNow

Banned
Feb 5, 2010
I hate rapidshare for removing chash out
but still can sell a premium account lower than their price from download point though

I think the other file hosting didnt do the same way

mr3

Serious Member
Aug 30, 2009
I hate depositfiles cant download nothing :damnit:

rapidshare not bad for me only I dont like dowload limit

p.s megaupload best no download limits :piripi:

leo777

Aug 2, 2009
i think mediafire the best of the best...........free or premium you got full speed for down/upload but depends your bandwith

Jul 1, 2009
I haven't seen the "no download slots available" thing from RS in some time now... maybe they changed the policy about it. :puzzled: It had to have cost them a lot of traffic.