Does anyone actually pay for hotfile or rapidshare?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

reaper777

Dec 30, 2008
These things take forever and i am new to this stuff. If anybody knows some other way to download files faster from hotfile or rapidshare please let me know. Thanks a lot!:goodboy:

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
buying a premium membership will cut off those annoying wait times between each download, not mentioning the dreaded "all the free slots for your country etc etc" message;

i can't talk about speed because having 640kbs bandwidth i always go full speed, even as a free user...

you may want to try JDownloader, which will handle all the queues and wait times

Senior Idol

May 29, 2008
I have premium accounts with Rapidshare, Megaupload, and Hotfiles. I make sacrifices to afford them, like not going to the movies in over a year. Worth every penny.

Senior Idol

Happosai

うどん! ( ˘▽˘)っ♨
Feb 22, 2007
I usually come here and check for the videos I'm interested in, available via RS or MegaUpload.

Then, i bookmark them.

When i have like 8 or more videos bookmarked, I buy the cheapest RS or Megaupload i can get, then i download them all in no time at all! :snicker2:

Stitch

Apr 3, 2007
yes, i have a rapidshare premium account. no wait times between downloads & i can download with 1,4 mb/s which is the fastest i can do with my connection.

you can get points on rapidshare for your uploads. i've uploaded some JAV, people downloaded it and i've got so many points that i was able to buy a premium account with them :D

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
Download speed depends on your maximum allowable speed and if you're on a premium account (no more than 1Mbps if you're downloading as a free user). Most logical choice? Buy a premium account.

Onichan81

Master of Space and Time
Dec 6, 2009
I have RS and MU ones... and the previous posters are right, it worths the risk!!

Reptiloid

Loli Worshipper
Mar 12, 2008
Have had a RapidShare Premium account for a long time now, worth every penny. It's not that expensive in the long run, the longer you sign up for the more discount you get. Just be careful to store more than 25/50 GB on your account, they just recently added some retarded policy on that.

lancelot77

Mar 30, 2009
I got premium accounts for Rapidshare, Hotfiles and Megaupload... Gone were the days of using torrents... Haha

yuiseto

Dec 25, 2009
These things take forever and i am new to this stuff. If anybody knows some other way to download files faster from hotfile or rapidshare please let me know. Thanks a lot!:goodboy:

the other way that you mentioned means buying premium account, dude :rofl:

Marupinku

Dec 30, 2009
I have a premium account to MegaUpload and Rapidshare, but I share the MU account with four people, and the rapidshare one with three people. Ends up being quite cheap that way.

aviant_greek

Just a JAV Collector
Jul 30, 2008
when u'r bandwith is 640Kbps (that mean u'r download speed is 100KB/s or less)
there's no different in download speed either u pay or free user, but premium user have more advantage than free as you can resume download, no waiting time and no (most annoying message) "this file is can only donwloaded as premium user"

if u'r download speed is more than 100KB/s u better buy the premium

aviant_greek

Just a JAV Collector
Jul 30, 2008
when u'r bandwith is 640Kbps (that mean u'r download speed is 100KB/s or less)
there's no different in download speed either u pay or free user, but premium user have more advantage than free as you can resume download, no waiting time and no (most annoying message) "this file is can only donwloaded as premium user" :cry:

if u'r download speed is more than 100KB/s u better buy the premium

i used to buy the premium like one in 2-3 month, while i'm not using premium usually i collecting movies that i like and make list of download link with microsoft excel, when i'm buy, boom every second is used to download :snicker2:

other way if you want free but maximum download spedd (and resume download, no waiting time, and else...) just looking for movies with mediafire link, still is the best free user service :prance:

Jul 1, 2009
Free as in beer for me. If I don't see fit to pay the original creators, why the hell would I pay money to some third party?

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
Seven Euros isn't much for some of us. Why bother waiting in front the PC for your download to finish and set up the next que, when you can just buy a premium, set it all up in minute or too and go out and have some fun. When you get home, your downloads are already finished. No hassles. No frills. Oh yes, it's so fun to have a life.

:snicker2:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I have hotfile and rapidshare, hotfile I can download about a gig in 20 mins, and rapidshare I find I can download a gig under 15 mins

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
I have a subscription on Rapidshare and megaupload. Hotfile is pure crap, even with membership, so i prefer to avoid it.

Jul 1, 2009
Seven Euros isn't much for some of us. Why bother waiting in front the PC for your download to finish and set up the next que, when you can just buy a premium, set it all up in minute or too and go out and have some fun. When you get home, your downloads are already finished. No hassles. No frills. Oh yes, it's so fun to have a life.

:snicker2:

JDownloader can do all the waiting and clicking for you, and it costs nothing.

http://jdownloader.org/