Does anyone actually pay for hotfile or rapidshare?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

shotgun

Oct 8, 2007
I have a premium membership in RS. I purchased a 30 day membership about 3 years ago and have never had to purchase a membership again because of the points I earn from sharing files with others. Every 30 days, I extend my membership for another 30 days and it does not cost me one centavo. It is easily one of the best investments I have ever made.

I use Orbit to download and I can download 1GB in 15 minutes.

jakibermejo

Jan 3, 2010
i used to buy them before.
i created a free account for rapidshare & megaupload then uploaded my files there for downloading.
then i got points. those i need to buy free premium accounts

NamiXxX

Namilover
May 2, 2010
Yeah I pay for Rapidshare, have a prem. until 2011...

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
yes i pay every month for rapidshare,hotfile and megaupload and its worth it since i can download everything i need and upload tons of stuff that i dont share

eragon2890

Fullmetal alchemist
May 1, 2010
No, I don't for any of them :)

I always use megaupload links because I found out that speed is always unlimited there, and with free account, you only have to wait 25 seconds before your download starts. I once downloaded al 10 200 mb eps right after each other without hitting on a download limit.

In other words, their "limits" are so insanely lenient you can just ignore them :D

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
I got money to spare so I won't bother staring at the screen looking the ticking clock to disappear. That's what you get when you actually have a job.

eragon2890

Fullmetal alchemist
May 1, 2010
I got money to spare so I won't bother staring at the screen looking the ticking clock to disappear. That's what you get when you actually have a job.

I don't bother with it either. I installed skipscreen extension for firefox. Which means that you don't have to wait at megaupload (or the others) before you can start downloading. For free! ^^

robokai

Mar 30, 2007
I bought a rapidshare account a while ago then started uploading enough stuff to extend the account for a long time, then I bought a hotfile account because I thought $55 for a year was a pretty good deal. As a added bonus your hotfile pays for it's self eventually if you upload a lot of stuff like I do.

jc1762

Dec 5, 2009
I was just reading this and I have rules so there's no way I'm dishing out cash for rapidshare or megaupload. But from what I read here, I see three options...I'm ranking them from top to bottom.

1. Uploading crap to earn a premium account - if so, which site would be the most recommended
2. Get skipscreen for firefox
3. Use jdownloader

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
That's the problem with uploaders who try to earn points.. They just upload shitloads of stuff without checking if the video's already been uploaded.. You end up with 5-10 RS,HF uploads of the same damn video. That's not really ideal IMO. Even if I had the capability of uploading huge files to those hosting sites, I wouldn't want other people to download shitty stuff from me.. But what can I do? Many of us are too fucked up to even listen.

:notagain:

jc1762

Dec 5, 2009
That was a completely gratuitous comment... but nonetheless...

Are my options correct?

Skyraida

Is Eating Your Internets
Mar 27, 2008
I pay for my HF and MU. Used to for RS but it's not as popular anymore. It's worth the money depending on how much you download and whether or not you have the patiences. I do about 1tb a month so waiting for torrents would devestate me. Oh my naive days when i used torrents :-/

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
Just get skipscreen for FF. That or upload content to earn premiums.. Not really an option for RS 'cause they changed their policies recently.

Skogenx

私は大好き 鏡 黒
Jan 20, 2010
:hi:
but if I buy once in a while when I have many good things to download haha

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Most of the members got it through making free users suffer with sets of 30++ 100mb files uploaded to each service..

Go through the rapidshare thread around here, it's the same, they'll still deny it, but it's the truth, the services are awful but people use them to try and get a premium membership..

The modern day "internet pyramid scam"

Jul 1, 2009
Since hosters typically don't allow uploads to be resumed when they break, splitting files can very important for people with spotty connections and/or slow interent. The connection at my old apartment tended to drop for a split second every half hour or so... that didn't bother my torrents, but it would stop a hoster down/upload dead every time. :notagain: I had to split my files up because I had very little chance of uploading the whole thing in one piece successfully.

Getting points is still the main reason people do it, of course. That's why we have JDownloader... :piripi: