akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
Dardsider59 . Can u make eng sub for CAWD 101 Mayuki ito . Thanks u very much

I think you didn't read correctly my message : I did one free subtitles file to show my translation quality BUT my service ISN'T free.

Reactions: Imscully

maxik84

Apr 23, 2009
Anyone can help me with translating or finding subtitles for DDK 010? I'm dying to know what are they talking.

Imscully

Apr 1, 2014
There's a sad dearth of JAV lesbian subs, so I'm working on some myself. I'm in HAVD-971 and found this gem of a line, translated from Chinese to English using Google Translate:

"The grapefruit-scented abalone is also soggy"

WTF? Pretty amazing, right? It turns out that the name Yuzuka actually means "citrus scent", and "abalone" seems to get substituted for "pussy", (some euphemism). And let's substitute "wet" for "soggy".

"Yuzuka-chan, your pussy is also wet."

Better. Decoding some of those Japanese -> Chinese -> English translations takes some detective work.
LOL Well played

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020
Another funny one: Definite proof the source I'm working from was auto-subbed. At some point, Yui Hatano, in a moment of ecstasy, apparently says "kill me". Uh, what?

Well, that's a machine translation for you. Definitely doesn't understand the mood, or as they say in a Japanese idiom, can't "read the air".
AI doesn't do context. That's kind of it's whole weakness. You need to have human experience to have human context.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hey guys, how do you deal with Chinese subs?
I notice some Chinese subs have
1. Come on"
2. do not ah
3. is it comfortable",
4. Does it feel comfortable. "comfortable it",
5. Touch it well. Do it well., ".... well, well, well.

I swear, 'do not ah' appear 4 times in a row. Wtf? :rolleyes:
Also it seem like the translator just couldn't remember the girl name. He kept switching her name lol

Is there a way to eliminate such words after i ran them through DeepL? I know the answer is no. But I thought I ask.
*Yes, yes I know the Japanese translations has all the sugois, kimochi, daijoubu, chinchin, sumimasen, otōsan, okāsan, yamete, and etc*

Imscully

Apr 1, 2014
1. Come on"
2. do not ah
3. is it comfortable",

Also it seem like the translator just couldn't remember the girl name. He kept switching her name lol

Is there a way to eliminate such words after i ran them through DeepL? I know the answer is no. But I thought I ask.
*Yes, yes I know the Japanese translations has all the sugois, kimochi, daijoubu, chinchin, sumimasen, otōsan, okāsan, yamete, and etc*
I had a big problem with this type of thing for years until I started fixing them myself.
Programs like Aegisub and Subtitle Edit are super easy to use and allow you to edit subtitles to fit your liking in every way imaginable.
It only takes an hour or so to clean up simple things like you mentioned (comfortable, etc), but I usually find myself making wholesale changes just for entertainment value.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I had a big problem with this type of thing for years until I started fixing them myself.
Programs like Aegisub and Subtitle Edit are super easy to use and allow you to edit subtitles to fit your liking in every way imaginable.
It only takes an hour or so to clean up simple things like you mentioned (comfortable, etc), but I usually find myself making wholesale changes just for entertainment value.
Yup I've been using Subtitle Edit for year. It just takes times to make the Chinese subs more coherent.
I think I was just on a rant lol
With a movie that close to 3 hours and there's lots of dialogue...the "clean up" becomes tedious.

Let me add that the Chinese subs have been useful sometimes too. So it's not all bad.

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020
1. Come on"
2. do not ah
3. is it comfortable",

What would be great, is if there was a way to script: If it says: "comfortable", replace with "feels so good", if it says "do not ah", replace with "don't cum inside" (or whatever)

Reactions: Taako

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
What would be great, is if there was a way to script: If it says: "comfortable", replace with "feels so good", if it says "do not ah", replace with "don't cum inside" (or whatever)
absolutely lol
it's a double-edge sword. Sometimes it helps you figure out the scene and...
most times it's lazy translations.

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020
Hello, just curious: what are the chinese characters which are translated to this "do not ah" ?
Taako, do you have a sample of these translations? We could probably do a quick If this, then replace with that right here if you have the movie and srt. It's probably only 4 or 5 quick fixes. Then someone else with a bit of programming and some free time could punch those in.

Here's my guess. If you save the translations onto txt or srt, then you can open up the words in notepad, then another program can run through the dialogue replacing the cringey translations with slightly more acceptable ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Imscully

Imscully

Apr 1, 2014
Taako, do you have a sample of these translations? We could probably do a quick If this, then replace with that right here if you have the movie and srt. It's probably only 4 or 5 quick fixes. Then someone else with a bit of programming and some free time could punch those in.

Here's my guess. If you save the translations onto txt or srt, then you can open up the words in notepad, then another program can run through the dialogue replacing the cringey translations with slightly more acceptable ones.
Good suggestion! I frequently use the "Replace" function in Aegisub as it is a huge time saver.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
t

The movie was HUNBL-027. I was using DeepL translator and Google Translate and some of my Japanese knowledge.
Luckily I don't rely on machine translations alone.
I really do not want to look at that subs for now lol. comfortable.jpgCome on screenshot.jpgBut I included sample screenshots for example.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017

This is a good suggestion.
I know Subtitle Edit has a "Replace" function but I never tried it.
I honestly do not want to see that sub for awhile lol But I did include some screenshots.comfortable.jpgCome on screenshot.jpg

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hello, just curious: what are the chinese characters which are translated to this "do not ah" ?
I am blanking on it. I think HUNL-027 when using Google Translate. But It could be DeepL, too?
I only use machine translations sparingly.

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020
1. Come on"
2. do not ah
3. is it comfortable",
According to Google Translate:
不要啊
Bùyào a
Ok. try these:
1. "Come on" = "Let's go"/"Come here"/"I'm coming" (if these are directional, the 2nd one is better, if they're mixed, 1st one. If it's a straight up mistranslation, replace all of them with "I'm coming")
2. "do not ah" = "Please no"/"No more"
3. "is it comfortable"/"does it feel comfortable" = "does it feel good" (personal preference)
4. "comfortable"/"comfortable it" = "feels so good"
5. "Touch" = "Stroke"
6. "Well" = "Good"
7. "Hows it going" = "Whats the matter" (should fix the "nice" interactions and "aggressive" ones without needing to know the context)
8. "That's right" = "That's it"
9. "Dad" = "Daddy"/"Father"/"Papa" (personal preference, switch these depending on relationship as stepdaughter, daughter-in-law, lolicon)