akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
From my hearing, he's asking:
Him: Can I touch?
She say: Hmm, you can touch./ You can touch.
can you write whats you hear in "japanese "? thank

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
abw-265 remu

its at 11.51 in the movies

when remu do it with her fingers then a man who is in the room with her said "sawatochi "?
sa wa to chi no ??

remu said ummmm

and then a man touch her body
I guess it's 触って欲しい "do you want me to touch (it) ? "

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
So everyone good day.
I'd like to offer some tips when subbing.
1. As I stated numerous times. Write down what you hear. Keep a diary like me in notepad. So next time it's there for you.

2. If you hear a word/dialog and tried to(unsuccessfully) to understand it? There are options.
2a: You can take a mark it and come back later with a fresh brain. It has happen to me.
2b: You ask someone for help. That's the simplest solution.
2c: Wear your headphones. You will be surprise how clearly the dialog is. And sometimes what's truly said.
2d: Guess. Take a guess and be happy with it. It might be wrong but it's your sub:p
2e: Skip it. Leave it blank and move forward. I give myself 3-5 tries. Then I mark it and move on.

3. Remember women and men talk differently and it can be challenging.
Women talk more politely. Men talk a little rush and mumbled.
3a: What I notice, the men really never say the full word. I don't know if its the actors, or men in general.
3b: The women sometimes talk a little fast. If you been around women/girls, you know this is normal lol
3c: People from different districts have distinct dialog too. Sometime it can throw me off.

4. What if a scene is familiar and you really want to know what they are saying? But it's challenging.
4a: You could take the advices for question #2.:D
4b: Breakdown. Look at the scene and try to see the action. Maybe the scenes before/after can help too.
4c: When you have an idea to what's happening during the scene, then try to find words for it.

For example, in one of my earlier subs, the father enter the bath with his daughter. He was caught. She asked him what he doing. Of course, he said he was coming in but I didn't know that at the time.
How did I find the answer #1: I judge from his actions and dialog what he "might" say.
How did I find the answer #2: I look at my list to see if the dialog was there. It wasn't.
How did I find the answer #3: I guess what he said. 'Why don't I come in?' and I write 'I come in'.
How did I find the answer #4: It did NOT sound the same. So I take apart the dialog(with google translate) until what he said matched. So he was saying. して入ら= Shite haira. (i)Come in, Enter, etc.

5. Keep the dialog short and close to accurate.
1-6 words per line is good. UNLESS the speaker has something to say.

For example. Either of these subs can be used. But #1 is the most accurate.
1. Then mama will fix your penis again.
2. Then mama will fix it for you.
3. Mama will fix it for you.

So these are some of my tips to subbing:confused::p

Last edited:
Reactions: amnscfnt and mei2

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hey, guys there are some words that sound similar in JAV, but have different meaning.
Note: I do have a slight hearing problem, so maybe they sound this way only to me:rolleyes:

Note also: What I'm saying, if you are NOT Japanese you will hear words differently even if they are spoken correctly. And yes, they are spoken correctly 100% of the time.
So please take no offense to what I say.. my Japanese friends:D

Anyways, these two words, I will list below. You will hear them a lot in your sub.
I will give you a few choices you can make for the subs. But, in reality, its up to you.

Itadakimasu = Let's eat! I will eat. Bon appetit. I’ll take it.
In most JAV, it's used in scenes involving dinner/eating. But remember its a form of receiving and gratitude.

It can be used when a character 'receives' something.
For example, if a character is given a 'gift' and say Itadakimasu he/she is NOT saying thank you.
But actually saying I'll take it.

So you can simply write, I'll take it and it would be correct. Or... I'll take it. Thank you very much.
Both would be correct.

I seen subs where "Thank you" is used...that is not really correct. But I understand.
I can't tell anyone what to say in their subs:)

There are many ways this word can be used and still be correct. So pay attention to the scene, if you are looking for accuracy.

Next................................

Ikimasu = To go. See you(later). Bye bye. I'm off. I'm leaving. I'm going. I will go. I'll go. Take care. OK, I'm off. Have a good trip, etc.
This is another word/phrase that's heard a lot in JAV.
It's used when characters are leaving/going. The meaning and how it's used depends on the scene and the context.

Generally, if he/she says it themselves, you can write; I'm going/off, I will go, I'm leaving, see you, Take care, etc. There are many ways to used this.

Also, it can be used in a response to someone going/leaving.
You can write; see you, bye bye, Farewell, Take care, Have a nice(safe) trip, etc.
You can even write, Have a good day.
Again, there are ways to used this word correctly.

Sometimes in my subs, I will have a character "break the 4th wall" and say things unrelate:p:p:p:p
...But I always make sure to let people know that's NOT what they are really saying:boong:

Rule of subs. MAKE it easy and make it fun.
I hope this little advice can be helpful. Happy subbing.

Last edited:

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
Sometimes the results of Whisper defy all logic. Am trying to clean a title where the word "sensei" is translated every time as "Sensei" as if the software has concluded that "sensei" is the teacher's proper name. Yet in other titles, Whisper translates the word correctly as "teacher." Try as I might, I can make no sense of this.

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
Sometimes the results of Whisper defy all logic. Am trying to clean a title where the word "sensei" is translated every time as "Sensei" as if the software has concluded that "sensei" is the teacher's proper name. Yet in other titles, Whisper translates the word correctly as "teacher." Try as I might, I can make no sense of this.

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
It usually happens, I think it may also be due to the number of people who are using Whisper, since I had to pass my file twice and the second time it came out much better, this was only done when I see that the file comes with many errors, too I'm thinking it's the internet, I've noticed that if I use Whisper and watch YouTube, the Collab page sends me a message, asking if I'm a robot.

Reactions: Taako

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
well, sensei can be used if the speaker refers to that person as whom they respect. Or if that person is older. Sometimes in JAV the students and parents will say "sensei" or teacher. Just replace sensei with Teacher or teacher if its' too much for you.

Reactions: soloporhoy666

mei2

Dec 6, 2018

Do you get that (Sensei) when you do translate or when you do transcribe? I'm guessing translate. Whisper in translate mode switches on its context feature --the algorithm predicts the word based on the context. Hence the reply above from @Taako can be right on target.

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
well, sensei can be used if the speaker refers to that person as whom they respect. Or if that person is older. Sometimes in JAV the students and parents will say "sensei" or teacher. Just replace sensei with Teacher or teacher if its' too much for you.

I did replace it. It wasn't really a problem, since I already knew what sensei means. It just didn't make any sense to me to get a transliteration, and capitalized. It's a puzzle is all.

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
Do you get that (Sensei) when you do translate or when you do transcribe? I'm guessing translate. Whisper in translate mode switches on its context feature --the algorithm predicts the word based on the context. Hence the reply above from @Taako can be right on target.

Not sure how that explains why in this particular case, but not all others, Whisper in translate gave a transliteration instead of a translation, and choose to capitalize the word.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
A cool member sent me a machine translated sub to review and I came across one of the translations.
I have to say, I was drinking and almost spit out my coffee:hehe:

The first is the machine translation. I did not ask which one, but he told me anyways.
The second one I translated is the "more accurate" one.
To be fair to the AI, that scene was difficult to hear, even if I didn't have a slight hearing problem.

But I might use that line in one of my funnier subs to confuse people hahaha

funny AI to share.jpgfunny AI to share 2.jpg

Reactions: mei2

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
A cool member sent me a machine translated sub to review and I came across one of the translations.
I have to say, I was drinking and almost spit out my coffee:hehe:

:) good one !!!
Even funnier if the machine version would have subbed the missing line: did you finish your work :)

• Haha

Prinsipe

Aug 31, 2013
I think it is normal for transcription software or applications to produce lines even if no one is talking. It means that there are flaws in its algorithm. It is called a bug and not only pertaining to that, it has a lot more bugs like incorrect timestamps so you need to manually adjust it. We can't deny that transcription software is one of the hardest and most complex to make. I think, we should minimize our expectations. And even human transcriptionists make mistakes, that is why some of their work is rejected in their job.

Just my two cents though. :)

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hey guys, lots of words can have different usage for your subs.
I really suggest you look at this article for example https://www.japan-experience.com/plan-your-trip/to-know/japanese-language/so-desu-ne

so-desu-ne or Sōdesune primary used in JAV subs are Yes/Yeah. Is that so? Is that right? I agree. That's right. So..., Yeah, right. Yes, that's right. I see, and etc.

If you read this article, you might get a spark to liven up your subs. Or understand a little more what the conversation could possibly means:)

Reactions: Prinsipe

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Also.. another word that comes up a lot in JAV is Hazukashii.
It means 'embarrassed'. But it can also mean 'shy' or 'ashamed'.
- In JAV, it's subbed mostly as I'm embarrassed, It's embarrassing, I'm a little embarrassed, I'm so embarrassed, or etc.
- But I tell you...if you want to give a little 'erotica tone' to a big busty housewife doing something rather embarrassing, then use "I'm so ashamed":p:p:p

Still this simple word 'Hazukashii' can be embarrassing:rolleyes: to foreigners and subbers. And you should try to go by the tone and context of how it's used in the movies.
- If you don't want to, then keep it simple and use 'I'm embarrassed'. That will cover almost 90% usage of it in JAV.

This is an excerpt, it could prove useful for your subs;
To be embarrassed by something is to feel acutely self-conscious about it. Typically, it’s something you would prefer other people didn’t know about. You can also be embarrassed by someone else; in other words, a nasty person could intentionally say or do things to make you embarrassed.

To be shy is to be bashful, timid – the sort of person who does not feel comfortable in social situations because he or she doesn’t know what to say to people, or doesn’t like being looked at, etc.

To feel ashamed is to feel guilty about something you’ve done which you know was wrong.

Also you can used this link to get a better understanding the meaning of the words embarrass, shy and ashamed. https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/embarrassed-ashamed-and-shy.3587287/

Reactions: johnny fontane