akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Leenx31

Jun 8, 2022
How do i make VSF detect subs of random colors? Last few x18r batches made ocr hard... I'm trying to find a way, but i can't quite get it to detect green and blue subs.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
How do i make VSF detect subs of random colors? Last few x18r batches made ocr hard... I'm trying to find a way, but i can't quite get it to detect green and blue subs.
Whoa, it seems subbers have gotten crafty. Do the colors randomly changes colors or each word has a different colors?

Leenx31

Jun 8, 2022
Whoa, it seems subbers have gotten crafty. Do the colors randomly changes colors or each word has a different colors?
it changes every line. sometimes the subs move from left to right and they also fade in so not all the words are visible at first. The colors themselves remain the same throughout each line. The only problem i've found with detection on VSF is the colors themselves. haven't tried ocring them yet...

• Wow
Reactions: Taako

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
it changes every line. sometimes the subs move from left to right and they also fade in so not all the words are visible at first. The colors themselves remain the same throughout each line. The only problem i've found with detection on VSF is the colors themselves. haven't tried ocring them yet...
I don't know much about VSF,
1. Have you tried Google with this question?
2. Asked someone on Reddit?
3. Asked the question here? https://www.akiba-online.com/forums/tech-support.88/

Good luck, if you find an answer let us all know :D

Leenx31

Jun 8, 2022
I don't know much about VSF,
1. Have you tried Google with this question?
2. Asked someone on Reddit?
3. Asked the question here? https://www.akiba-online.com/forums/tech-support.88/

Good luck, if you find an answer let us all know :D
I googled it, but i don't think videosubfinder is too popular... there's a setting that lets it detect subs of single colors, but the porblem is every line has a different color and they aren't all the same

Reactions: Imscully

Imscully

Apr 1, 2014
I googled it, but i don't think videosubfinder is too popular... there's a setting that lets it detect subs of single colors, but the porblem is every line has a different color and they aren't all the same
I know the method I am about to share is much slower and time consuming than the automatic method, but...
I use the camera function for GOOGLE TRANSLATE on my phone and snap pics of each line of dialog.
Color doesn't seem to impact it's ability to perceive and translate the text I need.

Last edited:

gingergauge

Jun 27, 2009
Okay folks. I found a website with a streaming video of SSIS-407 with embedded subtitles.

However, when I download the entire video (using either VideoDownloadHelper in Chrome or AntVideoDownloader in Firefox), I get the video without subtitles. Which is very odd given that the subtitles appear to be embedded. (I don't see a separate link for an .srt files for example.)

Any ideas as to why this is happening or suggestions as to how I could DL the video WITH the subtitles?

(I'd post the link to the video but I'm unsure of the Akiba forum rules. Would that be allowed?)

Last edited:

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I know the method I am about to share is much slower and time consuming than the automatic method, but...
I use the camera function for GOOGLE TRANSLATE on my and snap pics of each line of dialog.
Color doesn't seem to impact it's ability to perceive and translate the text I need.
I've done this on occasion with Google Translate.
I've gotten away from VSF and almost CHN subs in generally. I just see so many impromptu dialog... it just ruins me when I'm making even the smallest changes.

If they were more open like you(Imscully) and simply state how much is fansub or machine, I might be okay with it :p
But my brain won't let me lol

• Haha
Reactions: Imscully

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Okay folks. I found a website with a streaming video of SSIS-407 with embedded subtitles.

However, when I download the entire video (using either VideoDownloadHelper in Chrome or AntVideoDownloader in Firefox), I get the video without subtitles. Which is very odd given that the subtitles appear to be embedded. (I don't see a separate link for an .srt files for example.)

Any ideas as to why this is happening or suggestions as to how I could DL the video WITH the subtitles?

(I'd post the link to the video but I'm unsure of the Akiba forum rules. Would that be allowed?)
I don't know much about her... but here the CHN sub if you want.

Once you clean it up, you can share it here :D https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...-request-thread.1466451/page-187#post-4527468

Attachments

• SSIS-407.zip
    14 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: gingergauge

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009

Which site was this?

gingergauge

Jun 27, 2009
That was quick. I hope the sub was good for you :D
You should add a picture of the cover so people know what it is haha

Good idea ... done.

By the way, if you're not familiar with Aika, do yourself a big favor and check her out --- especially her earlier "SNIS" stuff (i.e., SNIS-088, SNIS-108). Gorgeous face and a body that simply will not quit.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009

Attachments

• 852087.zip
    44 KB · Views: 157

gingergauge

Jun 27, 2009
I checked the site and it did include an srt stream. Easily downloaded using the developers tools in any chrome based client. Have included the file as demonstration. (srt file named as found, you probably have to rename it to match the movie for it to auto play).

Didn't change anything, it's as good or bad as included on that site.

I didn't get an srt file when I downloaded the video in Chrome using an extension/add-on called "VideoDownloadHelper".

So, you got it by going to More Tools >> Developer Tools in Chrome? Should I be looking for it under "Elements", or "Source" or something else within Developer Tools?

Because I still can't see it and I want to get the .srt file for MIDE-911 (if I can find a video of it with the Chinese subs in it). I'm soooo confused.

Last edited:

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
What you do is you go to the page. Start developers tools.
Then hit F8, followed by ctrl-F8 to make it ignore break points.
Then hit F5 to reload the page and hit play.
Go to the network tab and you'll see a number of lines. Find the one that has the srt file, right click the file name and choose open in new tab. That'll open download menu where you can select where you want to download the file to.

Noname.jpg

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
Translation question from one who is editing lots of raw autosubs. These words "bully" "bullying" and "bullied" that appear in many autosubs, is that actually the correct translation of whatever Japanese word is used? I see titles with guys saying, we're going to bully you, then proceed to gang r*** the girl. Perhaps this word means "bullying" in certain contexts, while in others it is a euphemism for something like r*** or sexual assault? Or is it just the wrong translation?

maload

Jul 1, 2008
i dont have answer . i just want to know what happen there .
can you give me the id code of that movies , and the subtitle that you download or where can i download this
and the time when " this translae problem " at .
i just want to look into it

maload

Jul 1, 2008
Translation question from one who is editing lots of raw autosubs. These words "bully" "bullying" and "bullied" that appear in many autosubs, is that actually the correct translation of whatever Japanese word is used? I see titles with guys saying, we're going to bully you, then proceed to gang r*** the girl. Perhaps this word means "bullying" in certain contexts, while in others it is a euphemism for something like r*** or sexual assault? Or is it just the wrong translation?
i dont have answer . i just want to know what happen there .
can you give me the id code of that movies , and the subtitle that you download or where can i download this
and the time when " this translae problem " at .
i just want to look into it

living here for 10 years and i still dont know how to edit or delete my own post
thank god