What's Your Favorite Anime?

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
Anime make me cry all the time but I am an emotional guy (I cried at the end of "Saving Private Ryan"). Maybe it comes with age, maybe it has to do with knowing so much loss myself, maybe it is an empathy thing but likely it is just me being me.

Great anime that I have watched and is emotionally moving (in my personal opinion of course):

Little Busters! (that includes the sequel "Refrain")
RahXephon
Toradora!
Sword Art Online (really, how can that story not move someone to the core?)
Planates
We Without Wings
Another (I don't know if this is a truly sad anime but it is not a happy one)
Unbreakable Machine Doll (mostly a great action and comedy anime but includes some seriously deep humanity issues )
Kaze No Stigma (another good action anime)
Beck (music based fantastic story that should draw a tear from the corner of your eye)
Welcome to The NHK (one of my all-time favorites, recently rewatched it)
The Book of Bantorra
Haganai (and the sequel)
Red Data Girl
Darker Than Black
Gunslinger Girl (this is just a special anime but if you have a heart, it will tear it out)
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (this anime was made to break your heart!)
Say I Love You (all romance anime is filled with heartbreaking moments, if it is any good and this one is)
Angel Beats
Kids On The Slope (great jazz too!)

Of course not all these anime will bring you to tears but almost all anime include some heart-rending drama. Full-Metal Alchemist is a great example, just the basic plot is almost enough to tear you up. The cartoons I grew up watching and the anime that comes out of Japan are so foreign to each other as to be unrecongizable as the close cousins that they actually are. Action and fanservice are great but if you watch anime...be willing to be moved by the depth of the story. When you watch a great story you become emotionally invested and that is what enjoying great anime is all about.
Wow you cried while watching all of those. I guess you really are emotional lol.

My friend (female btw) cried a lot while watching Chobits. On the other hand, I only cried during one scene. But dammit, it gets me every time. I've watched that scene on 3 separate occasions and bawled my eyes out each time. It's the reason its one of my favorites among a huge list of action titles.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Wow you cried while watching all of those. I guess you really are emotional lol.

Well, maybe I just teared up a little at most of them, lol, but yeah, I am pretty emotional. Drives me crazy sometimes but it is what it is.

So what scene in Chobits really got to you? ( I have to admit, the panty shopping episode is a classic, had me cracking up!) Chi was kinda intense sometimes, no doubt there.

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
Well, maybe I just teared up a little at most of them, lol, but yeah, I am pretty emotional. Drives me crazy sometimes but it is what it is.

So what scene in Chobits really got to you? ( I have to admit, the panty shopping episode is a classic, had me cracking up!) Chi was kinda intense sometimes, no doubt there.
The scene where baker talks about his persacon wife and how she slow started to lose her memory. So to fix her he had to reformat her causing her to completely lose her memory. Then during a rainy day without looking he accidentally walked in front of a truck, but his persacon sacrificed herself to save him by pushing him out of the way despite the fact that she should not have remembered him.

OMG! Damn you lol. I'm getting goosebumps and watery eyed just typing this.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
OMG! Damn you lol. I'm getting goosebumps and watery eyed just typing this.

Emotionally invested. That is what I was talking about. That was a moving scene, no doubt. When you really care about a story you don't always know it, or know why, you just are into it. It is what makes you cry "Watch out!" at the screen when someone is sneaking up on a character or they are about to enter the obvious trap (shout out to all the Scream movies). It is what makes you say out loud "just kiss her already" when watching a romance (shout out to Toradora!). It is what makes you gasp when the good guy dies (shout out to first season of Game Of Thrones). And nobody can do heartbreak scenes like they do in Japanese anime. Salute.

Speeny

Sep 28, 2013
For the most part I am really fond of the Key/Visual Arts based Anime titles. Although their most recent Visual Novel/Anime "Charlotte" wasn't absolutely spectacular. It was still watchable to some degree.
I really enjoyed Rozen Maiden. The music was fantastic.

As for shounen oriented shows...I loved the HunterXHunter 2011 reboot, and One Piece...even though the content after the time-skip hasn't been at it's best. :( (Fucking Toei.)

mago

熟女♥️
Jul 3, 2008
Saint Seiya
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Gundam Wing
Ranma 1/2
Inuyasha
Evangelion
Ghost sweeper Mikami
Dr. Slump (1981)
Urusei Yatsura (Lum Invader)
Candy Candy
Samurai X
Berserk
Slam Dunk
Hell Girl
Baka to Test
Excel Saga
Black Jack 21
Gun Frontier
Remi
School Rumble
Basilisk
Astroboy
Heidi
The Adventures of Hutch the Honeybee (1971) Hands down , the most traumatic anime ever .....but also kind of deep.e34456.gif

Last edited:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I love hearing from someone who really knows their anime, makes me feel like such a novice on the subject (which, in fact, I am). Few people from Japan actually take the time to comment here. I mean Astro Boy literally introduced Japanese anime to America and as well as the rest of the world. Very nice list! I have been privileged to see only a few on it myself. For those unfamilar with Samurai X, it is also known as Rurouni Kenshin.

Last edited:
Reactions: mago

mago

熟女♥️
Jul 3, 2008
I love hearing from someone who really knows their anime, makes me feel like such a novice on the subject (which, in fact, I am). Few people from Japan actually take the time to comment here. I mean Astro Boy literally introduced Japanese anime to America and as well as the rest of the world. Very nice list! I have been privileged to see only a few on it myself. For those unfamilar with Samurai X, it is also known as Rurouni Kenshin.
Are you referring to me? if yes, then thank you very much for your kind words.
I am not japanese, i hope that does not matter.
Sorry if i confused you and thanks for your attention.
Rurouni Kenshine34441.gif

Last edited:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Are you referring to me? if yes, then thank you very much for your kind words.
I am not japanese, i hope that does not matter.
Sorry if i confused you and thanks for your attention.
Rurouni KenshinView attachment 512333

Did I imply that you were Japanese? I suppose I might just have at that. I meant to imply that many people from Japan would really know their anime. I would think that you very likely understand Japanese or are fluent in it though, given your list of anime. If this is not the case, I am very curious where you found a fansubbed version of "The Adventures of Hutch the Honeybee (1971)". That anime itself is somewhat rare, let alone a subbed version of it. Only an edited version was ever released overseas.

Reactions: mago

mago

熟女♥️
Jul 3, 2008
Did I imply that you were Japanese? I suppose I might just have at that. I meant to imply that many people from Japan would really know their anime. I would think that you very likely understand Japanese or are fluent in it though, given your list of anime. If this is not the case, I am very curious where you found a fansubbed version of "The Adventures of Hutch the Honeybee (1971)". That anime itself is somewhat rare, let alone a subbed version of it. Only an edited version was ever released overseas.
Hello Mr.Ceewan.
Thank you for your reply.
I understand little japanese and only Hiragana ^^;
The original series of "Hutch the Honeybee"was broadcasted around 1985 and repeated in the early 90's in some latin american countries as "Jose Miel"
In those years it was common to see a some anime and NHK educational tv shows dubbed in spanish. Most of the anime i have in the list was broadcasted and dubbed in spanish.
I am not surprised there is little about "Hutch", indeed it was very rare especially at those times...i think is not for children and its sometimes very graphical, in most of the episodes i ended crying, i was like 4-5 years olde34479.gif
But its a really unique and special anime to me, it really is. And made me a fan of catarinas or ladybugs and praying mantise34476.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Ceewan

MirrormanSLF

Sora Aoi Lover
May 18, 2016

Like the list your posted ceewan, and these are the ones I found special:

Toradora! .. watch it so many times I've lost count.
Sword Art Online .. left it alone for a long time with all of the hype it got, but got to say worth the watch.
Gunslinger Girl .. Why wasn't this anime more popular.
Kids On The Slope .. great story, great music.

MirrormanSLF

Sora Aoi Lover
May 18, 2016
I won't rank them, because I can't really figure which is better than another, and I enjoy them all for different reasons .. you don't have to agree. Oh, and I only watch the subbed version, unless otherwise noted next to the title. Also, if I refer to the modern era of Japanese anime, what I mean is a series that was made post Neon Genesis .. or around that period.

Flame of Recca - (aka - Recca no Honoo)
: Action / Adventure / Martial Arts / Ninja - Recca Hanabishi is a school student who has always been fascinated by ninja. He is nearly killed in an accident saving someone, however a girl named Yanagi heals him with her special powers. Later the two are tracked down and attacked by a beautifull and mysterious woman, who says she means to hurt Yanagi unless Recca will ignite his flame to save his new friend, but Recca is clueless to what she means. Just as the mystery woman hurts Yanagi, Recca releases a powerful flame from his arm. It turns out that Recca is the inheritor of the flame dragon from the Hokage Ninja Clan of the past, and was sent to the future as a baby in order to escape death. Now Recca is the leader of the new Hokage Clan who must, through a series of tests and Arena fighting against death squads, stop his half brother Kurei from kidnapping Yanagi.

One of the first of the modern Japanese anime series I rented, and was so consumed by it (those damned cliff hanger eps) that I finished the whole thing in 2 days .. staying up until 3:00 am both days because I couldn't stop watching. I like the characters and the arena fighting, and actually still own a hand drawn cel of Fuko-chan from this series.

Claymore: Action / Adventure / Demons / Supernatural / Shounen -
In this world, humans coexist with demonic predators called Yoma. These demonic beasts feast on human innards and can blend into human society by taking on human appearance. As a counter force, a mysterious organization created half-human, half-Yoma warriors known as the "Silver Eyed Witches" or "Claymores", after the huge claymore swords they carry. They are detested by humanity as monsters, however are necessary as the ony force strong enough to kill the feared Yoma. The story begins with a young boy, Raki, who has lost everything in a Yoma attack, and the Claymore, Clare, who killed the Yoma that ended the lives of Raki's family.

WOW, I loved the character Clare, and in the most recent viewing (last night .. hehe) still love her. Short, but ood fight sequences, an excellent story (for the first 24 eps), great pacing and characters, and excellent character design make this one still popular .. alsways keeps me going back to watch it again. Have a nice 8 inch figure of Clare from this series.

Sword Art Onine (SAO): Action / Adventure / Fantasy / Game / Romance- In the near future, a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game called Sword Art Online has been released where players control their avatars with their bodies using a piece of technology called Nerve Gear. One day, players discover they cannot log out, as the game creator is holding them captive unless they reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if they die in the game, they die in real life. Their struggle for survival starts now...

I don't play RPG's, and was a little put off watching this anime because of that fact, but I have to say after a few eps I did get into this series. I think my favourite character from this has to be the little sister. I also watched the later series of this, and from that one I liked the girl who was the sniper .. but she is a main character, so I assume you are supposed to like her.

Ai Yori Aoshi (aka - Bluer Than Indigo) - Slice of Life / Comedy / Drama / Harem / Romance : Kaoru Hanabishi, a college student who lives alone, met a beautiful but bewildered girl dressed in a kimono at a train station. He volunteered to guide her way to the address she was looking for, which happened to be in his neighborhood, but turned out to be an empty lot. Not knowing what to do next, Kaoru invited the devastated girl to his apartment and asked for any additional clues to her destination. She supplied him with a photo of two children whom Kauru immediately identified as himself and Aoi Sakuraba, his childhood friend, and the girl his family arranged his marriage with before Kouru's lifeturned upside down.

This anime series can get a little bogged down with some stupid comedy at times, but there are so many good scenes and eps in it that you soon forget the jarring part that you may have just watched .. the first ep is the clincher for me, and I just had to watch to see what happened to the demure sweetie wearing the kimono.

Deadman Wonderland : Action / Horror / SciFi - Ganta is the only survivor after a mysterious man in red slaughters a classroom full of teenagers. He's framed for the carnage, sentenced to die, and locked away in the most twisted prison ever built: Deadman Wonderland. And then it gets worse.

At Deadman Wonderland, convicts are forced into brutal deathmatches for the amusement of the masses, the cheers of the crowd drowning out the screams of the dismembered. Even when Ganta befriends Shiro, an unusual female inmate, his dark fate crushes all hope —until he discovers the strange ability to wield his spilled blood as a weapon. Ganta learns his new skill might be related to the murderous man in red and uncovers disturbing secrets that could expose those who stole his freedom. He's determined to see justice served —but first he'll have to fight for his life in a prison that holds a million ways to die.

CRAZY, psycho stuff!! Imagination in the fighting scenes, good characters you will feel for, and just plain "what the hell just happened" make this one well worth the watch, and will have you questioning just how low some of the human race really can stoop. It not a anime series I would just throw on for something to watch, it's more intense than that, and I do have to be in the mood for it, but once seen you won't forget it quickly.

** Thankyou to kissAnime for the general series descriptions.

Reactions: mago and Ceewan

MirrormanSLF

Sora Aoi Lover
May 18, 2016
Fate / Stay Night : Action / Fantasy / Romance / Shounen / Supernatural - Raised by a mysterious sorcerer after the horrific death of his parents, Shiro Emiya has only just begun to help others using the small tidbits of magic that he's learned. However, when he's suddenly caught in a battle between two more powerful Magus, Shiro finds himself performing a spell above his expected ability, summoning the beautiful spirit warrior Saber to protect him! But safety is only momentary as Shiro and Saber now find themselves thrust into in a secret world of dark magic and deadly challenges: a no-holds barred duel to the death known as the Holy Grail War! At stake: a prize of unimaginable power. But can the inexperienced Shiro and Saber survive long enough to even enter the contest? First they'll have to withstand waves of treachery and assassination, even as Shiro scrambles to learn everything he'll need to know to stay alive as seven teams of Magus and Spirit Servants face off in mortal combat!

Saber, Saber, Saber .. I just love the character of Saber. Excellent fight sequences, an interesting story, and some good characters (I didn't get into to some of them , and other were good but got killed off quickly) made this one I do return to for later viewings. It's really just a harem series in diguise, but that didn't detract from it for me .. and hey, I've got 3 or 4 Saber figures around the house on display. The series made just after this one was boring POOP .. but I think they did a later series again, which from what I've seen from bits on the net this most current incarnation of Fate has the most kick ass fight sequences in it.

Azumanga Daioh : Comedy / School / Slice of Life - Azumanga Daioh is about high school life through the eyes of six girls with unusual personalities: Chiyo (the 10-year-old genius), Osaka (the resident airhead), Sakaki (the lone wolf), Tomo (the loose cannon), Yomi (the short-tempered one) and Kagura (the resident jock).

The humour is quite subtle in this series and it is full of whimsy, that may make it not be for everyones liking, but I laughed myself silly with these girls and there antics (hick ups while trying to play the recorder still cracks me up just thinking about it) .. the side characters are a hoot too , well for me anyway. The eps are really short stories sort of joined together with a theme. This series is also happens to be a favourite of the BOSS here at SLF

Sakamichi no Apollon - aka (Kids On The Slope / Sakamichi no Aporon) : Drama / Music / Slice of Life / Romance / School - Because of his father's job situation, freshman high school student Kaoru Nishimi moves by himself from Yokosuka to Kyushu to live with relatives. Until then Kaoru was an honor roll student who tended to keep to himself, but meeting notorious bad boy Sentaro Kawabuchi starts to change him. Through his devil-may-care classmate Kaoru learns the attractions of jazz, and finds the first person he can call a "friend". He also discovers how much fun it is to play music with a pal. Set against the backdrop of a seaside town with a scent of American culture, this series is a drama about young people coming into their own, crossing each other's paths, and finding friendship, love, and music ..

GREAT Jazz, a good story, good chararcters .. and did I mention GREAT JAZZ!!

Angelic Layer - aka (Battle Doll Angelic Layer / Kidou Tenchi Angelic Layer): Comedy / Drama / SciFi / Shounen / Sports - 12-year-old Misaki Suzuhara has just gotten involved in Angelic Layer, a battling game using electronic dolls called angels. Even as a newbie, Misaki shows advanced skills as she meets new friends and enters Angelic Layer tournaments to fight the greatest Angelic Layer champions of the nation.

I've watched this series at least 10 times, and it doesn't get any less enjoyable to sit through. Not really aimed at my demographic, however something about the main character pushing herself to succed in an unfamiliar areana makes it a fav for me. Also the imagination in the Layer fighting doll designs, and the excellent fight scenes are a bonus .. and yes, I'll admit to wanting a Layer fighting doll of my own after I fisrt watched the series.

High School of The Dead (HOTD) : Action / Ecchi / Harem / Horror / Supernatural - A mysterious, lethal disease is on the loose worldwide, resulting in a catastrophic death rate of humanity, and the increasing rise of attacks, caused by the living dead. In Japan, several high school students and a school nurse have banded together to escape Fujimi High School shortly after it was attacked by zombies. The group now attempts to figure who or what was responsible for this plague, and in the meantime, attempt to survive the present apocalypse.
The story is initially narrated through the eyes of Takashi Komuro, one of the students who had survived in the initial outbreak.

Lots of fun to watch and who doesn't like a dead Zombie .. and they get killed in a lot of different ways in this series. The mains characters are all good, but the cool, raven haired beauty with the kendo stick always grabs your attention. Just a kick ass series and one I 'll watch mutiple times I'm sure.

** Thankyou to KissAnime for the series synopsis you see here.

MirrormanSLF

Sora Aoi Lover
May 18, 2016
Soul Eater : Action / Adventure / Shounen / Comedy / Supernatural -
Set in the Shinigami technical school for weapon meisters, the series revolves around 3 groups of each a weapon meister and a human weapon. Trying to make the latter a "Death Scythe" which is the highest title for a weapon and thus fit for use by the Shinigami, they must collect the souls of 99 evil humans and 1 witch.

Maka & Soul Eater, Black Star & Tsubaki, and Death the Kid with Patty and Liz Thompson are the characters Soul Eater revolves around. Besides taking the time to gather souls, these students of Shibusen defend Death City from some of the most powerful of creatures while still attending school and trying to become stronger.

At the time this one came out the animation style was very different from the norm, don't know jow popular it was, but I liked me straight away. The main 3 sets of characters are all likeable in their own ways, and the fighting scenes are very well done .. especially the ones featuring Maka and her sythe weapon Soul Eater. Can be a little too quirky at times for some people, but that can also be the charm of this series. Just recently found the POP of both Maka and Soul Eater .. cool.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Dubbed: Action / Drama / Mecha / Pshycological SciFi - Do I really need to put in a synopsis for this anime series .. I hope anyone into watching anime has seen this classic.

This anime series had such an impact on me, and everyone I knew who happened to accidently catch the airing of this series on SBS (a local TV station which shows overseas content), that it started me searching for ANY anime series I could find .. some bad, some good. I remember at the time of airing that there was such a demand from people who missed the beggining eps of the series that SBS repeated the first 6 or so eps, and then continued with the rest of the series. This series still holds up very well, and is still reveared by many as one of the BIG anime titles .. the amount of merchandise that this show has generated is just mind boggling, and there is new merchandise still selling nearly 20 years after the series first airings. As I watched this series first in the dubbed version I can't seem to get into the characters in any other version .. so this is one of the only anime series I prefer dubbed.

Cowboy Bebop: : Action / Adventure / Comedy / Drama / SciFi / Space - Enter a world in the distant future, where Bounty Hunters roam the solar system. Spike and Jet, bounty hunting partners, set out on journeys in an ever struggling effort to win bounty rewards to survive.

While traveling, they meet up with other very interesting people. Could Faye, the beautiful and ridiculously poor gambler, Ed, the computer genius, and Ein, the engineered dog be a good additions to the group?

Cool, very cool and a little quirky .. that's the best way to describe this anime series I think. This is anime series which you can just throw on at most any ep and just sit and enjoy the fun. PLUS, the music , especially the title track TANK, is just great. I wonder how much merchandise featuring Faye Valentine was sold to fan boys .. LOL

Golden Boy: OVA Dubbed : Adventure / Comedy Ecchi - Kintarou Oe doesn't look like it, but he is a genius who completed all his university courses and then quit before graduating. He becomes a wandering student, going from place to place on his bicycle, seeking to learn what he can about life, the world, and women. He is willing and able to do any job he has to prove himself. His travels take him to a variety of locations and a variety of women, each who learns to love the hardworking guy, but not before he can run off.

Lost track of how many times I've watched different eps of this OVA. Many times it has been while showing a friend, who's unfamiliar with Japanese anime, a simple and funny introduction the what anime can be .. it's not all Dragon Ball and Pokimon (no offence to fans of either of those series) . Does have a basic message through all eps, but is one that you can throw on anywhere and enjoy. Also another anime I prefered in dubbed, it is hilarious.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya : Comedy / Mystery / Parody / School / SciFi / Slice of Life - Kyon, your typical high school student, has long given up his belief in the supernatural. However, upon meeting Haruhi Suzumiya, he quickly finds out that it is the supernatural that she is interested in; aliens, time travelers and espers among other things. When Haruhi laments about the lack of intriguing clubs around school, Kyon inspires Haruhi to form her own club. As a result, the SOS Brigade is formed, a club which specializes in all that is the supernatural.

Much to his chagrin, Kyon, along with the silent bookworm, Yuki Nagato, the shy and timid Mikuru Asahina, and the perpetually smiling Itsuki Koizumi, are recruited as members. The story follows the crazy adventures that these four endure under their whimsical leader, Haruhi. The story is based on the light novels by Nagaru Tanigawa.

Not a series for everone, but have to say I found the hype correct .. this is a GREAT anime series. A tip though when watching this anime though is to watch in broadcast the order, not episode order, as it does actually makes more sense that way. Also, don't put off by the style or "what the hell is happening" thoughts running through your head with the first ep you'll see (when you watch in broadcast order) as you will soon see the true form of this anime series when you get into the flow of the rest of the episodes.

** Thankyou to kissAnime for the series synopsis you see here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ceewan and mago

MirrormanSLF

Sora Aoi Lover
May 18, 2016
Cardcapor Sakura: Adventure / Comedy / Drama / Romance / Fantasy / Magic / School - One day, Kinomoto Sakura, a 4th grader stumbles upon the mysterious book of Clow. Upon opening it and reading the name of The Windy aloud, Sakura scatters the cards to the winds. Sakura is elected and appointed by Keroberos, Guardian of the Cards to capture the remaining cards. With her friend Tomoyo and rival Syaoran, Sakura begins an adventure that will forever change her.

Like Angelic Layer, this is another title that is not really aimed at my age group, but it was a popular title at the time amongst the regulars at a friends Japanese ainme shop so I thought I'd give it a try .. and I wasn't disappointed. Can be a little too sweet for some peoples liking, but hey I like sugary sweet sometimes, and the battles with the clow cards were quite well thought out and executed. I was so please I with this title purchased the whole set on DVD, including the movies. A tip though - PLEASE watch the original Japanese version though , not that horrid , sliced up rubbish that they palmed of as this anime title in the US and other Western countries.

Barakamon: Comedy / Slice of Life - As a punishment for punching a famous Calligrapher, young handsome Calligrapher Handa Seishu is exiled on a small island. As someone who has never lived outside of a city, Handa has to adapt to his new wacky neighbors and their unfamiliar ways, like people traveling by tractor, constant unwanted visitors who never use the front door, annoying local kids using his home as a playground, etc. Can this city guy handle all these crazy "hardships"? Find out in this wacky island comedy full of innocence and laughter!!!

Just watching this for the second time, and it hasn't lost any of it's charm. This anime is one that you do really need multiple viewings to make sure you get all of the subtle humour that you may miss first time around.

Requium From The Darkness (aka 100 stories): Tired of writing riddles for children, Yamaoka Momosuke plans on gathering spooky and gruesome stories and publishing them in an anthology called Hyakumonogatari ("One Hundred Tales"). While researching these old myths and legends he comes across a mysterious trio who call themselves the Ongyou. They are detectives who are investigating the legends of ghosts, demons and un-natural deaths to reveal their truths...and bring those in the wrong to justice. Each time Momosuke meets the Ongyou he must face horrible truths and battle with his morals, but he's seeing things he shouldn't be seeing..

The animation style and story telling may not be to everyones liking, but if you like horror and ghost stories, with a good murderous twist, give this one a try ..I don't think you will be disappointed. And the title and closing songs are CLASSICS.

Bleach: Action / Adventure / Comedy / Super Power / Supernatural - 15-year-old Kurosaki Ichigo is not your everyday high school student. He has for as long as he can remember always had the ability to see ghosts and spirits. A fateful day arrives as Ichigo encounters the shinigami Kuchiki Rukia, who saves him and his family from a Hollow at the cost of injuring herself. During this encounter, with Rukia unable to defeat the hollow she transfers her shinigami powers into Ichigo. In the aftermath, unable to continue with her job, Rukia allows Ichigo to take on the role of a shinigami in her place as they together defeat the Hollows plaguing Ichigo's town .. but there are dyer consiquences from Rukia's actions, and Ichigo's life will never be the same.

Doubt there are too many anime fans who have not seen, or at least heard of, this anime. Yes, there are few too many fillers episodes and story arcs at times, but the basis is solid, the characters are memorable, and the fight sequences are well done .. just my opinion though. Kenpachi for president.

Nurarihyon no Mago (aka Night Parade of 100 Demons) - Action / Adventure / Demons / Fantasy / Shounan / Supernatural - Rikuo Nura appears to be an average middle school student. No one knows that he comes home every day to a house full of youkai, nor that he transforms into the all-powerful leader of these spirits at night. However, much to the disappointment of many, Rikuo is determined to live as normal a life as possible ans somehow protect his human friends.

When I first was watching this anime I had actually thought I wouldn't get far with it, but it turned out much better than first impressions led me to believe. The main character can be a little annoying at times in his human form, but makes up with coolness when in his demon form. His core group of his main support demons I found also cool and entertaining. Even though the story seems very stright forward at first, there are some nice twist in it to keep most viewers interested, and I liked the wierd character design of many of the VAST cast of demons which turn up throught this series. There is a second season that I would also recomend you watch.

** Thankyou to kissAnime for the series synopsis you see here.

Last edited:

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
That's quite a lot of favorites you got there.

I finally got around to watching Naruto since my last post here. If you skip all the fillers like I did it's a damn good fighting anime. Unfortunately we'll probably never get to see a true ending.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
That's quite a lot of favorites you got there.

I finally got around to watching Naruto since my last post here. If you skip all the fillers like I did it's a damn good fighting anime. Unfortunately we'll probably never get to see a true ending.

Yep. He kind of went overboard on the whole favorites theme there didn't he. I like a lot of anime, watch more all the time, so my favorites change and the top tens a bit like the billboard chart. But even I don't have that many favorites.

Loved Naruto but the way they handled the whole thing left a lot to be desired. I think most fans could have done with shorter seasons and less filler episodes. I actually stopped watching it finally. I mean when Naruto is "on" it is as good as any anime I think. Hell, even a crappy filler episode was usually entertaining to some extent. The main storylines, which they went to great lengths to sustain without advancing whatsoever, was what kept me involved because they kicked ass. At the heart of the series was really great stuff but the surface just got to become uninvited bullshit. It was like dating an ugly girl with a great personality. I've done that and I found out that if you find the outside ugly that makes everything else less attractive as well. So I moved on from Naruto, maybe I will catch up one day....maybe.

MirrormanSLF

Sora Aoi Lover
May 18, 2016
Hey, what can I say .. You watcha lot of anime, you have a lot of favourites. ;)

Last edited:

MirrormanSLF

Sora Aoi Lover
May 18, 2016
Never got into Naruto. When it first came out I tried a little of it but it didn't grab me, and there were other anime titles I wanted to watch more.

May give it another go though, as it may end up being like InitialD was for me .. couldn't get into it at first, then watched it MANY years later and liked it.

Last edited: