absolutely recommended, just forget about the two sequels

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426459/

trailer, FWIW, but it doesn't show anything

[youtube]dyAJ2wpqn-s[/youtube]

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
Final Destination 5....

Watch the bridge scene and see if it don't leave you breathlessly shocked! :death:

[youtube]pgOgBI-7bhc[/youtube]

The sound of whipping cables, very high heights, hot tar, rebar impaling, sheetmetal cuts, falling cement..cars..and people, and then the shiska-bob on the sailboat mast.

I almost peed in my popcorn! :shy:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
what about Feast?

Great movie! I don't think it was intended to be such by the producers but the director and actors had other ideas. The special effects in this movie are not first rate but everything else more than makes up for it. The screenplay was not bad either, with some great twists and some classic B-movie scenes. I don't often give out personal info on the internet but I will tell you this much, I actually own a copy of that DVD.

Final Destination 5....

Good movie and great series. I have not missed one of them and hope there are more. Some of the, (if not thee), best death scenes in horror movie history come from this continuity. The bridge scene was inspired, maybe the best overall collection of death scenes of this continuity. This makes up for the weakness in the script and of a few performances compared to the outstanding performances and script in the first two movies of the series. Not a bad criticism really for the fifth installment in a horror series. I would like to see another horror series even try to match the quality.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
Ceewan, i'd be interested in your opinion about the two Feast' sequels (if you've seen them).

On another subject, saturday i've been at the cinema for Underworld Awakening, and i still don't know if i liked it or not.
Lots of violence, and that's good;
Kate is still hot, although she aged quite bad;
the plot is almost inexistent;
3D effects meh.
there will probably be another chapter (the last, hopefully)

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Ceewan, i'd be interested in your opinion about the two Feast' sequels (if you've seen them).

On another subject, saturday i've been at the cinema for Underworld Awakening, and i still don't know if i liked it or not.

I honestly did not remember there being any Feast sequels. I will watch them if I can find them and get back to you. Thanks for the heads up!

I wan't very impressed with the Underworld movies. I have not watched the third installment yet but I probably will, just because I watched the first two. To be honest, despite the special effects being good something always seemed to be lacking. Usually that points to a production problem of some sort leading to a lack of chemistry in those being involved. There are some good moments in the first two films and the second movie might even have been better than the first, but overall I would not reccomend them. Underworld is one of those movies that really wanted to cash in on the whole "women kicking ass" theme that swept Hollywood a while back. Some good movies came out of that as did a few clunkers. Underworld is somewhere inbetween in my book.

I am more of a Resident Evil fan myself, now that is a kickass heroine and an action packed series. The first Resident Evil was just short of a masterpiece, (it also had Michelle Rodriguez in it and she gives me a stiff one), with scares, suspense, zombies, monsters, good music, great tempo and action. The storylines started to fall off a bit from there but some of the action scenes in the second movie are not to be missed.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008

I just recently watched these, thanks again for suggesting them. My opinions on them:

Feast II: Sloppy Seconds

Not as good as the first but that is par for the course in sequels. Did I think it was a "good" movie? No, not really. It is a bad movie worth watching though and a must to view what I thought was the better Feast III. I found Feast II imaginative, funny, gory, disgusting and action orientated if not action packed. A non-spoiler summary of my favorite scenes of the movie:

1. There are just not enough midgets included in horror movies.

2. The red-head had a nice pair of tits.

3. Do not think you know what is going to happen next because you don't.

4. Like the original Feast they break the horror movie rule by having fast easy character development and include very few minor characters. Everyone is a star.

5. Best baby scene in a horror movie ever! ( I was never a big fan of "It's Alive")

Feast III: Happy Ending

Much better paced then Feast II with pretty much non-stop action, (my guess is this spent more time in the edit room). Still not as good as the original in my opinion but a "good" movie. The laughs come much more naturally in this movie where sometimes I felt they were trying to force the humor in Feast II. This is also is a true sequel to Feast II, continuing right where that movie left off and very likely filmed at the same time, (something else that is very rare in horror movies). The ending song is a treat as well. I won't say this movie wasn't flawed, it was, but I liked it.

My favorite quote from this movie:

Pops: "Are you in any shape to fight son?"

Jean: "I just got my arm bitten off."

Pops: "Well.... you better walk it off."

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
well, that's... exhaustive enough i guess

to be honest, i was expecting a thumb down for both, but i was wrong... and now i feel the urge to watch them once again, damn! :p

thanks a lot for your comment (and for the time you spent on writing it)!

2. The red-head had a nice pair of tits.

the brunette had better ones, and she's also better looking (i admit i googled the hell out of her, but i found almost nothing)

fun fact: if you pause/slow down the part when lightning is pounding the girl, you can see his arm-long dick... and it's not a nice sight :pandalaugh:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
well, that's... exhaustive enough i guess

to be honest, i was expecting a thumb down for both, but i was wrong... and now i feel the urge to watch them once again, damn! :p

thanks a lot for your comment (and for the time you spent on writing it)!

I get a kick out of reviewing movies, so I guess like everything else I tend to go a little overboard. Some people get their expectations up too high when watching a horror movie......don't. Just try to enjoy the ride.

There is a nice torrent of the trilogy at thepiratebay.se

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
The other day I finally watched Paranormal activity.That movie bored the shit out of me.I do not see what the big deal about it was.Later on that day I ended up watching a movie called 7 nights of Darkness. It has the similar feel of where its video taped with home cameras instead of movie cams,except instead of a haunted house its a bunch reality show contestants in a haunted asylum. It was just as low budget and terrible acting but it was a lot more entertaining and scary than Paranormal activity.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Bad horror movies, in general, tend to suffer from two or more of these faults;

1. Lack of tempo:
The greatest enemy to any movie is not being able to keep the audience interested. A good movie has one scene flow into the next keeping the audience on the edge of their feet by combing pace with suspense. Pace should start off slow to build the setting and characters and increase until the climax or finale, (something AO members should identify with). If the pace of a movie is off it will ruin the timing of important moments in the script.

2. Lack of suspense:
Suspense is the life force of a good horror movie. Hitchcock was a master of suspense and defined it thusly; "an audience experiences suspense when they expect something bad to happen and have (or believe they have) a superior perspective on events in the drama's hierarchy of knowledge, yet they are powerless to intervene to prevent it from happening".

3. Bad acting:
If the actors are not into the movie how is the audience supposed to be? On occassion this is caused by lack of ability on the actors part but most often it is the failure of the director. When it is the case of both ability and direction you have a true clunker on your hands.

4. Bad script:
This is not terminal in a horror movie as opposed to other genre because the purpose of a horror movie is to scare you to entertain you. Still scenes must compliment each other if you want to keep the audience awake.

5. Gratitutious sex and violence:
Not necessary but always a plus is some nice T&A. If you can't give me a great film at least give me some great tit and ass shots, (no old hookers and retired tatooed strippers please). A horror movie without some gore is like having Jaws gum a swimmer to death. Violence and gore are good in horror movies.

I actually saw "7 nights of Darkness" and it was pretty bad. It did have some suspenseful and scary moments though, which saved it from being a total loss. This movie truly suffered from a lack of nudity. A viewer has the right to expect some T&A from a cheap low budget horror film that has young good looking women in it.

I haven't seen Paranormal Activity but I did see Paranormal Activity 3. There is not much good to say about that movie either.

LawRayLiet

LowRayLight
Aug 4, 2011
"1408" I've never been a big fan of scary movies, but 1408 was great.
It's main goal wasn't just to scare you like many other horror films, but to deliver you an interesting and at times emotional story as well.

And by some strange coincidence... after we finished watching the movie, a day later, my friend received a call from the phone number... 1408.(that's the full number)
I'm not even sure how that's possible, but the calls just kept coming and we just ignored them for a while.

Now to destroy the suspenseful air of the story I just told...
We finally decided to answer the call and it turned out to be some Mexicans, whom we assume had the wrong number.(couldn't tell because they just kept speaking Spanish)
I still don't understand how their number was 1408 though...

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
"1408" I've never been a big fan of scary movies, but 1408 was great.
It's main goal wasn't just to scare you like many other horror films, but to deliver you an interesting and at times emotional story as well.

I couldn't place the movie at first, I admit, I had to look it up. I have seen it though and I also liked it. I thought it was "good" and well worth watching. It belongs to the psychological horror genre and relies heavily on suspense. John Cusak was in rare form and gave an amazing performance which I thought was the strength of the film.

Psychological horror films are not my favorites but this was a good one. Psychological horrors and psychological thrillers are very similar and sometimes indistinguishable. Me? I prefer my horror movies to try and scare me, not play with my head. Each to their own, of course.

Two other great psychological horror classics are "The Shining" and "Jacob's Ladder". Japanese horror movies also tend to focus on psychological horror, so if you don't mind the subtitles you might look into a few.