What games are you playing?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Darkforest

May 6, 2008
Blazblue, MW2 and been playing forza 3 like crazy. Itasha rides and drifting FTW!

Joey007

Jun 27, 2009
I am gonna try out Mass Effect 2 pretty soon =D

looking forward to White Knight Chronicles && Final Fantasy XIII coming out for PS3 =D

HUGE RPG FAN << =b

angelfly

Oct 6, 2008
FFXIII (stuck on a boss), Demon's Souls, and Mass Effect 2 (second playthrough) with some Katamari Forever here and there.

Sarasa

Lost In The Web
Feb 11, 2007
PC
Mass Effect 2 (second playthrough)
Stalker : Call Of Pripyat
Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel + addon Ice&Blood
Dragon Age : Origins (second playtrough > trying a different class)
Left 4 Dead 2

PSP
Phantasy Star Portable 1
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce
Shin Megami Tensei Persona

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
DA: Origins (umpteenth playthrough on nightmare). Waiting for the expansion now...

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
20 hours and 1 minute saved on my USA retail cart of Pokémon Heart Gold. (This marks my third playthrough of HGSS, with 150+ hours logged on the JPNS rom of Heart Gold and 50- hours logged on the JPNS rom of Soul Silver.)

In case anyone is wondering, yes, they did change some of the dialogue:
[hide]
  • For example, your self-appointed coach inside of every gym is too busy to watch your match against Akane/Whitney in the Japanese version because he's ogling the girls vs. in the American version because he was too busy watching the other trainers.
  • Mikan/Jasmine's dialogue was literally translated from English to Japanese, the result of which is that the undertones are completely lost. They omitted her cute shy/nervous stammering, and in so doing they somehow lost out on her cute effort to sell the protagonist on the virtues of the steel-type. Gone are the ambiguous lines upon which so much fanart depicting Mikan having a shy girl crush on the protagonist are based, and in their place is some pretty blunt English. It's accurate for word choice, but ... it loses the unspoken words you can find only in reading between the lines.
  • Otherwise, the dialogue is pretty accurate overall. 92%, maybe even a 95% for the final grade. A few errors here or there but overall you couldn't possibly accuse the translator of not knowing Japanese or English well enough to do his/her job.
  • The Team Rocket names were changed. Fans already anticipated that Lance's name would need to be changed since the English version of the games already has utilized the name "Lance" in describing the legendary dragon trainer originally known as Wataru. Well, Team Rocket Lance is known as Proton in the English version. Don't ask me. But he wasn't the only one to get a name change! Lambda is now called Petrel; Athena is now called Ariana; and Apollo is now called Archer. So if you wanted Nintendo to hold onto the whole "hey, I get it, their names are American space programs and their group is called Team Rocket, har har har" gag, you're going to be disappointed. ;p

Seriously, though ... Petrel!?
[/hide]

egrrr

Sep 4, 2008
Second time through Mass Effect, still holding judgment on FF13... waiting for more time cuz i heard it takes a good amount of hours before it even gets good.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I have an old computer so I can't play a lot of these cool games. That is one of the reason I like hentai games, the low system requirements.

Right now I am playing Soldiers of Fortune 2, where all my opponents seem to throw grenades at me and I die all the time. It is fun as hell so I have no complaints. I just need a break from dying on occasion so I am visiting here. Thank the kind souls on the internet for walkthroughs or I would never finish some of these old games I play, lol.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Almost 4/5 through the storyline on FF13 (that's about 52 hours of gameplay for me). You really can't complete all of the sidequests until you're through with the storyline, the strongest baddies are just way too tough until you are at that level.

I haven't played the other recent FF games so the closest comparison I can think of is FF Tactics a la the Deep Dungeon. Though you can't really power lvl too much because of the way the leveling system is set up. Need to get my hands on the Dragon Age expansion now and add that to my queue.

TKA

Mad Cunt
Former Staff
Dec 22, 2006
At the first playthrough i enjoyed Dragon Age quite a bit and found Mass Effect disappointing. Now i'm groing through Dragon Age again and this time the negative aspects are really concerning me, right now i like DA:O even less than ME2.

Axxoi

Jul 2, 2009
I played Metro 2033 last. I liked it because the atmosphere was good and since i still can read russian. But the game was too short and I didnt like the endings, that and a prostitute stole all my money and I couldnt get it back :(

Joey007

Jun 27, 2009

I thought the game was too short too, beat it in 3 days =/ total about 10 hours in-game time.

BUT

the game kept me enticed the whole way though, well scripted encounters.

9/10

&&

now I am playing Just Cause 2, alongside, FF13 and Dragon Age Origins : Awakening

imported_the_laughing_man

Ritalin Addict!
Jan 15, 2010
I was playing Bad Company 2 and loving the online til the laser unit went on my console and it's gonna take 10 days to get it repaired. I also played the demo of Just Cause 2 and loved it so I bought it the day my console died. I can't play them for the next 10 days until it's fixed and back. Plus i'm on a bloody holiday this week.

I'm gonna be bored!!

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I was playing Bad Company 2 and loving the online til the laser unit went on my console and it's gonna take 10 days to get it repaired. I also played the demo of Just Cause 2 and loved it so I bought it the day my console died. I can't play them for the next 10 days until it's fixed and back. Plus i'm on a bloody holiday this week.

I'm gonna be bored!!

Maybe you can rent a console for a week? It is not unusual for furniture rental places and such to also have TVs' and other electronics for rental.

imported_the_laughing_man

Ritalin Addict!
Jan 15, 2010
Maybe you can rent a console for a week? It is not unusual for furniture rental places and such to also have TVs' and other electronics for rental.

I thought about it but at the end of the day it's only a week and I have some stuff to do around the house and I have a car to build so might do some of that. I wish my wife was off as well!!

Skogenx

私は大好き 鏡 黒
Jan 20, 2010
Ys Origin
Ys the oath in felghana
Ys III
Postal 2
Reset Generation on N-Gage
Persona 3

Oct 6, 2007
just finished unlocking everything in Mario Kart Wii and I realized I need anger management because that game is fucking cheap as all hell (almost broke my classic controller I'm sure and I've never swore that much and that loud in my life)