reporting double posts

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
we receive quite a lot of double post reports atm - and we are thankful for that.

Yet please keep in mind that there must be certain conditions fulfilled to make a thread / post a double post:

at the same time there must be... - compared to other threads / posts:

same file format
same file size
same file hoster

if only one of these is different it is no double post in the sense of the double posting rule

and please: if you are reporting a double post please add the link for the other thread(s) your assumption applies to. Thanks.

I have been told yesterday that this is a very subjective point of view, yet it isn´t, it´s the A-O official point of view.

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
at the same time there must be... - compared to other threads / posts:

same file format
same file size
same file hoster
so,
If I saw one poster post the files in rar at 100MB or else and the other poster post it in one single file, that would be double post too or not?

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
If I saw one poster post the files in rar at 100MB or else and the other poster post it in one single file, that would be double post too

If the video is the same size and format (AVI MKV MP4) and is posted on the same host it is a double post. It does not matter if you split the file or post it with 1 link it is still a double post.

singvskin

Jul 8, 2010
I think the reason that so many double post is the people who double posting and they dont get infraction. I reported many of them but they are still alive. no suspend apply.:tea:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
I think the reason that so many double post is the people who double posting and they dont get infraction. I reported many of them but they are still alive. no suspend apply.:tea:

do you really think about what you are writing? I already spent 4 hours non stop this morning to moderate this site...

There still is a big difference in time amount between hitting the report button and to check threads / posts, to give warning / infractions and to delete the threads / posts involved in the rule violations...

And you are not the only one reporting posts.

and this is my free time, and not only mine, this implies all staff members!

You should not complain about staff but about those violating our rules...:evil:

singvskin

Jul 8, 2010
redrooster. i think u misunderstand me. i want to say is those people who know the rules but they violate the rules deliberately. check the dvd code before is a easy job. it is the things they should do. i didnt complain about the staff becoz i know we are working hard on this site too.:sadomaso::sadomaso:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
This rule is pretty annoying.

No, we just don´t want the site to be spammed with the same video at the same file hoster ten times, it´s only annoying for the staff to clean up the mess every day.

Upladers like you try to earn money by download clicks, staff isn´t paid for the job, so we at least expect you to do your job properly, nothing else.

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
No, we just don´t want the site to be spammed with the same video at the same file hoster ten times, it´s only annoying for the staff to clean up the mess every day.

Upladers like you try to earn money by download clicks, staff isn´t paid for the job, so we at least expect you to do your job properly, nothing else.

Agree with you
search is a good way to avoid infraction and banned
============

but can I ask about how fast this site cache server
as sometimes after posting my file and try to search it by code
it didnt show my thread

Project57

Sep 20, 2010
I thinks this problem came from, some people don't want follow the rules, because it so hard for they to post a thread without "double post" so they create a account, get ban, and create a account again to post theard. So i have a idea for this problem. We limited time to create a new theard with new account, and unlimite with account have more than 150 posts.
Example:
A new account won't allow to post in 9pm-12pm until they have more than 150 posts. It will make they carefull when create a theard if they want to post anytime they want. There can be more limited time in a day.
My english not so good, hope it will better on some day. Thanks for read.

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
I thinks this problem came from, some people don't want follow the rules, because it so hard for they to post a thread without "double post" so they create a account, get ban, and create a account again to post theard. So i have a idea for this problem. We limited time to create a new theard with new account, and unlimite with account have more than 150 posts.
Example:
A new account won't allow to post in 9pm-12pm until they have more than 150 posts. It will make they carefull when create a theard if they want to post anytime they want. There can be more limited time in a day.
why 9pm till 12pm? :puzzled:

150 post is easy thing, in this big board i can make 150 post in a day :joker:
150 quality post is harder thing :sadomaso:

whatssup

Banned
Sep 14, 2010
Example:

LOL the best way is searching before posting, watch your step

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
can I give a sugestion about double posting?

well, my sugestion is one thread for one title (code)
no matter file type (DVD-ISO, AVI, WMV, MKV or else) or any file hosting except for banned file hosting xD

luffy1410

Banned
Oct 6, 2010
i have a question : if someone post a thread with a film by hotfile link and i post this film with filesonic link . i will be banned ? :exhausted:

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
i have a question : if someone post a thread with a film by hotfile link and i post this film with filesonic link . i will be banned ? :exhausted:

I guess no.
as long as there is no poster post it in filesonic before you

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
seems i'm not fully understand.
Is this 2 file categorized as double post?

First post : http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430093

Second post : http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430947

This 2 post has the same hoster/same title but with different format. First one .AVI and second one .rar. Thanks for any explanation.

RAR is not a video format, it's an archive format, used to compress and split big files. Actually you can find the video format in the post too, so it is the same format indeed.

khikhicuoi

Jul 6, 2008
Is double post?

coolkevin said:
khikhicuoi,

You have just received an infraction for (Rule 10) double-posting. This infraction is worth 1 point(s). Accumulating 3 points will result in a 30-day suspension of certain privileges. Please read the The Official Rules now, which we expect you to understand and follow.

you know you should not double post

--
Your original post:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?p=983108#post983108

I have Mirror Hotfile, Netload, Megaupload, Filesonic . Why is double post?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.