Post your JAV subtitle files here - JAV Subtitle Repository (JSP)★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

Makkdom

Mar 4, 2019
Speaking of subs posted here appearing elsewhere, my tweaked English subtitles of ATID-284 has been hard encoded and can now be streamed on https://javsub.co/. At least they left my credits in.

I have had the same thing happen with a couple of my files which I have posted here. I figure no harm done, and I have downloaded plenty of movies from them in the past so I can't complain. As you say, they are nice enough to give me credit.

MrSV

Jul 20, 2020
I have a questions for the true Japanese linguists on this board. I am definitely NOT in that category, so I work from machine translations and try my best to make them more fluid and intelligible before posting them here. One thing I always have to pay particular attention to is the use of pronouns. The machine translations often mix up "I" and "you" and "his" and "her" and other similar pronouns. Why does this so frequently happen? Are pronouns in Japanese vague or are they often unstated? It is kind of funny when you read sentences like "His pussy is so wet." (In a similar vein I have seen "boyfriend" used in place of "girlfriend" and I know the two words are very different in Japanese, so I speculate that the original word was something like "sweetheart" which can be more ambiguous.)

Any insights from those who have studied the language would be appreciated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_neutrality_in_genderless_languages (Japanese and Chinese are listed), not remotely a linguist either.

I find using https://www.deepl.com/ja/translator for either Chinese and Japanese helps me add gender pronouns. It also suggest 1 or 2 alternative translations. Plus you can click on a translated word and it will offer alternatives as well which can help make a sentence flow and sound more natural.

Ultimately you have to use some human judgement to fit the context, but I used deepl almost exclusively for my tweak of the MTL of ATID-284.

Who doesn't know meat stick = dick/cock am I right?

Last edited:

Makkdom

Mar 4, 2019
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_neutrality_in_genderless_languages (Japanese and Chinese are listed), not remotely a linguist either.

I find using https://www.deepl.com/ja/translator for either Chinese and Japanese helps me add gender pronouns. It also suggest 1 or 2 alternative translations. Plus you can click on a translated word and it will offer alternatives as well which can help make a sentence flow and sound more natural.

Ultimately you have to use some human judgement to fit the context, but I used deepl almost exclusively for my tweak of the MTL of ATID-284.

Who doesn't know meat stick = dick/cock am I right?

And little/small hole=pussy. Yes, those are the first terms I check for and replace when using a machine translated source. Thanks for the links to check out.

Makkdom

Mar 4, 2019
This is accurate as a Chinese dude who lived in Japan for years. We have no spoken gendered pronouns like him or her, Chinese just have "tā" which is used for any gender. Japanese has some gendered pronouns like kare and kanojo, and there is inherent gender to certain first-person pronouns, like boku (I) being used only for boys to young men or older punks, watashi (I) technically being allowed for anyone, watakushi (I) only for girls who want to be very formal and lastly ore (I) is stereotypically only used by "rough" men, tough guys, athletes and gangsters, etc. However, since most of you are using Chinese subs to work from, it's going to be using Chinese linguistics since they converted the Japanese to Chinese first.

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I have been aware that there is a double layer of complexity since I am almost never working from a file translated from the original Japanese. So is "meat stick" a Japanese euphemism or a Chinese one?

cwang501

Aug 2, 2020
Hello all, just discovered the world of JAV subbing. I am eager to contribute to the community. I speak / read Chinese relatively well, and lived in Japan for several years in my childhood so the language is familiar to me. I'm interested in finding a site or depository for Chinese .srt files to translate into English. Can someone point me in the right direction for that? Thanks!

Reactions: Rezzonicco

fresh baloney

Dec 17, 2018
Does someone has the Chinese subtitles for SW-091? Have been able to find some hard-coded videos so I am hoping the actual subs exist somewhere.

Makkdom

Mar 4, 2019
Chinese. Japanese men just call their dick: chinchin, o chinchin, chinko, o chinko, chinpo or chinpoko... (all variations of the child-like phrase "my peepee" or "my great peepee") you get the idea. The actual word for penis is inkei, but no one in Japan really uses it conversation, it's something you only see if medical manuals and anatomy books. Chinese is a far more colorful language in general. Japanese doesn't have any where the level of slang and wordplay as English or Chinese, it's a very stodgy and repressed language at its core. Even Japanese cursewords would translate only to mildly rude words in English.

For example, the Japanese insult "kisama" (ki - an honorfic prefix and sama - the well known honorific suffix) was originally a term of honor and respect in addressing members of samurai households who outranked you, used in the same way that just "sama" is used now. But at some point in the Edo period, the word started to drop in social status from indicating a superior to a social equal or an inferior, until in modern day it's become definitely inferior and therefore insulting.

The literal word is still comprised of words that would effectively translate to "Honored Sir" in direct English but because Japan is hyper passive aggressive and snowflakey about their social standings, being called "Honored Sir" in a sarcastic (a concept which exists in Japanese culture only as an insult, it's not funny to them at all) tone is pretty much calling them a son of a bitch or bastard. As a result, Japanese is far more dependent on tone of voice and context for its depth.

Meanwhile Chinese are as vulgar and wacky as Westerners with all their slang and dirty words. We have the same insults you can imagine in English, just in Chinese. You could take the sentence, "You dirty whore, I bet you take dick like a champion you absolute cockgobbler," and have a pretty much word for word equivalent in Chinese. Japanese would translate that into something like, "Oh... you... unaccompanied woman... you like my peepee, yes? I think you do know exactly what you're doing... you lascivious female... please accept this great peepee..." with the last part said in a sarcastic tone to show he's really being alpha.

Side note, this is why I appreciate desioner for translating, because he's familiar with the unspoken contextual meaning of Japanese's very limited dirty vocabulary and he adds the English equivalent flair so it comes across as dirty to us. That is an invaluable skill for subbing dirty talk in JAV, because Japanese are honestly kinda trash at it on the literal level.

The language simply does not live up to the repressed horny demon tentacle monster that hides within every Japanese person.

This was great! Thanks for the colorful and informative explanation.

Reactions: masjoko and Shiyuan

MrSV

Jul 20, 2020
Chinese. Japanese men just call their dick: chinchin, o chinchin, chinko, o chinko, chinpo or chinpoko... (all variations of the child-like phrase "my peepee" or "my great peepee") you get the idea. The actual word for penis is inkei, but no one in Japan really uses it in conversation, it's something you only see if medical manuals and anatomy books. Chinese is a far more colorful language in general. Japanese doesn't have any where the level of slang and wordplay as English or Chinese, it's a very stodgy and repressed language at its core. Even Japanese cursewords would translate only to mildly rude words in English.

For example, the Japanese insult "kisama" (ki - an honorfic prefix and sama - the well known honorific suffix) was originally a term of honor and respect in addressing members of samurai households who outranked you, used in the same way that just "sama" is used now. But at some point in the Edo period, the word started to drop in social status from indicating a superior to a social equal or an inferior, until in modern day it's become definitely inferior and therefore insulting.

The literal word is still comprised of words that would effectively translate to "Honored Sir" in direct English but because Japan is hyper passive aggressive and snowflakey about their social standings, being called "Honored Sir" in a sarcastic (a concept which exists in Japanese culture only as an insult, it's not funny to them at all) tone is pretty much calling them a son of a bitch or bastard. As a result, Japanese is far more dependent on tone of voice and context for its depth.

Meanwhile Chinese are as vulgar and wacky as Westerners with all their slang and dirty words. We have the same insults you can imagine in English, just in Chinese. You could take the sentence, "You dirty whore, I bet you take dick like a champion you absolute cockgobbler," and have a pretty much word for word equivalent in Chinese. Japanese would translate that into something like, "Oh... you... unaccompanied woman... you like my peepee, yes? I think you do know exactly what you're doing... you lascivious female... please accept this great peepee..." with the last part said in a sarcastic tone to show he's really being alpha.

Side note, this is why I appreciate desioner for translating, because he's familiar with the unspoken contextual meaning of Japanese's very limited dirty vocabulary and he adds the English equivalent flair so it comes across as dirty to us. That is an invaluable skill for subbing dirty talk in JAV, because Japanese are honestly kinda trash at it on the literal level.

The language simply does not live up to the repressed horny demon tentacle monster that hides within every Japanese person.

Amazingly informative and funny at the same time.

Reactions: Shiyuan

MrSV

Jul 20, 2020
Hello all, just discovered the world of JAV subbing. I am eager to contribute to the community. I speak / read Chinese relatively well, and lived in Japan for several years in my childhood so the language is familiar to me. I'm interested in finding a site or depository for Chinese .srt files to translate into English. Can someone point me in the right direction for that? Thanks!

There's a giant pack of CHN.srt floating around either on this thread or another, at least that's where I got it from (I'll try and find it), it's fairly old though.

Also @RUNBKK has included lots of CHN.srt in his recent JAV torrents, so a search for CHN.srt on sukebei should yield lots of results.

Edit : (https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/the-akiba-online-english-sub-project.1920331/ has a bunch of CHN.srt packs)

Edit 2: This page https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...e-talknot-a-sub-request-thread.12173/page-33/ list a bunch of SRT/ASS packs, you may need to go back a page or two as previous posts might have been deleted. I couldn't open the korean subpack, so not sure what I'm doing wrong with the "password.

Last edited:

George1967

Feb 12, 2020
.. as I said before, beyond my collaborations, which I hope will be as many as possible, because I think it is in the interest of this akiba community (I guess not everyone, agrees with my assumption, but I do it in mainly for those who agree !!!) ... I will also have my own posts
... so today MIMK-010 which is after an anime story, to which the film faithfully follows the story (it is in 3 parts ... this being the 3rd):
The subtitle is due to the help of @Arny Jackson ... I think it still needs to be corrected (for the most pretentious) ... but I hope you enjoy the film decensored by me (for which you have to send me a private message):
upload_2020-8-6_14-6-51.jpeg

Attachments

• MIMK-010_en.rar
    16.8 KB · Views: 586

cwang501

Aug 2, 2020
There's a giant pack of CHN.srt floating around either on this thread or another, at least that's where I got it from (I'll try and find it), it's fairly old though.

Also @RUNBKK has included lots of CHN.srt in his recent JAV torrents, so a search for CHN.srt on sukebei should yield lots of results.

Edit : (https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/the-akiba-online-english-sub-project.1920331/ has a bunch of CHN.srt packs)
Thanks mate, the RUNBKK stuff looks very promising.

xavcierw

X-Man
Mar 30, 2013
Georg
HUNTA-522 When It Comes Out To An In-law Sister In The Accident, It Is So Much Pleasure That The Convulsive Butterfly Culmination! !I Am Super Gentle To My Virgin And Made Yuriman's Sister In Law!I See Yariseman 's Sister In Law And My Virgin Is Too Strong To Erect Everyday!A Gentle Sister Sister Who Thought Poorly Of Such A Virgin Practice Me And Sex Practice ...
hunta522pl.jpg

HUNTA-565 Thanks To My Sister, I Am Doing Something Strange Every Day With My Sister's Colleagues.My Sister Absolutely Obedient To The Command Of His Younger Brother.Although I Do Not Want To Go Outside, My Sister Who Takes Care Of Me By Having His Younger Brother Order With Sexual Desire To Go To Rent An AV, At The End Of The Phrase To Handjob And Blowjob.My Younger Brother's Request Gets Furious And Radical ...
hunta565pl.jpg

HUNTA-602 "Why Are You Trying To Insert It?No Good!I Will Insert It! "If There Is Interpersonal Sex With A Kind Mother-in-law, There Will Be Getting Wet And Crunchy!After All Raw Insert!Cum!My Father Remarried, And My Mother-in-law, Which I Made Suddenly, Is Young And Beautiful And Makes Me Think Of Me As A Real Son.But I Go To School ..
hunta602pl.jpg

MIAA-109 My Sister Becomes Saffle Premature Ejaculation Ji ○ Port Improvement Reinforcement Life Shiina Sora
miaa109pl.jpg

NATR-626 Hana Nanase Makes Up For Her Painful Household
h_067natr626pl.jpg

Enjoy

George, THANK YOU!!

X-Man

Rezzonicco

Jan 1, 2009
Chinese. Japanese men just ....

....The language simply does not live up to the repressed horny demon tentacle monster that hides within every Japanese person. You expect Rocco Siffredi but get Borat instead.

Very instructive! I read once that “manko” is the only really taboo word in Japanese. Is it true?

flanders2872

flanders
May 29, 2020
In lot of english subtitles appear phrases like "looks like rice", "is going to be cheap or "is it shy?"... something like this. If I translate it to my language(german),it sounds very ridiculous. Can somebody make any suggestions that make sense?

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
A bunch of mother/daughter movies have おやこどんぶり in the title which according to translation sites is a dish of chicken and egg on rice? Is this a common slang thing or something? There's like 45 movies on DMM that show up if you search for it.

I guess chicken and egg does make some sense for mother and daughter.

MrSV

Jul 20, 2020
In lot of english subtitles appear phrases like "looks like rice", "is going to be cheap or "is it shy?"... something like this. If I translate it to my language(german),it sounds very ridiculous. Can somebody make any suggestions that make sense?

Hmm, isn't "looks like rice", or "make rice" an euphemism for cum/ejaculate?

You can find a glossary of JAV terms/phrases here https://jav.guru/4086/

Reactions: flanders2872

MrSV

Jul 20, 2020
A bunch of mother/daughter movies have おやこどんぶり in the title which according to translation sites is a dish of chicken and egg on rice? Is this a common slang thing or something? There's like 45 movies on DMM that show up if you search for it.

I guess chicken and egg does make some sense for mother and daughter.

A less literal meaning could be "Parent and child donburi", at least that a suggestion on Deepl.

You could apply some refinement if you think of donburi as a dish (as in meal). Then you could make the phrase "Mother-Daughter Dish", which is kind of apt maybe.

Reactions: Shiyuan

MrSV

Jul 20, 2020
GVG-121 - Iioka Kanako (Morisawa Kana)

13gvg121pl.jpg

My profile pic might have given that away already that I am long time fan of Kana, so happy to share this English subtitle file I made.

Subtitles MTL from a Chinese SRT to English, which I gave a quick once over and tweaked some translations. There are missing dialog in some of the sex scenes; some of which I filled in, but nothing that should detract from the "story".

These subtitles are v1, I may go back and make a v2 should the completion-ist nag away at me.

As always you may need to tweak timings to match your video.

Attachments

• GVG-121 EN v1.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:

George1967

Feb 12, 2020
... and because I recently neglected my favorite Yuna Shiina, I decided to give you a gift of her (an older movie)
... I hope you remember it with pleasure: DVDES-730 .. with excellent subtitles (and if I said that you know what I mean = all copyrights are intact in subtitles ...)
... and you receive the decensored movie with a private message (as you already know ...):
upload_2020-8-7_23-14-11.jpeg

Attachments

• DVDES-730_en.rar
    18.7 KB · Views: 655