Post your JAV subtitle files here - JAV Subtitle Repository (JSP)★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
I tried using this but got this error. Is there a tutorial on how to use that colab?

View attachment 3366903

Does the error go away if you do topmenu | Runtime | Restart and run all ? To me it looks like a glitch in Colab runtime that should go away if you run again. I suspect this happens when drive connection to colab connections get broken in the backend of Google.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019
Here is another dump of the Subtitles that I have played with over the past few years. I will try and collect more of them and will post in the near future. Most I believe involve mother/son themes but can't guarantee it. Anyway enjoy.

Attachments

• Subtitle Collection #4.rar
    522.1 KB · Views: 794

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019
Here is another dump (and probably my last) of the Subtitles that I have played with over the past few years. Most I believe involve mother/son themes but can't guarantee it. Anyway enjoy.

Attachments

• Subtitle Collection #5.rar
    130 KB · Views: 684

Prinsipe

Aug 31, 2013
In your opinion, is Whisper with VAD is better than Default Whisper transcription in japanese?

I am just using Default Whisper before with no VAD and I am satisfied with the results.

Right now, I am using Whisper with VAD but I can't compare the results to Default Whisper because the site that I am using before that is just using Default whisper is no longer working.

Hoping for some insights.

Thank you so much.

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019

JUX-827 Daughter-in-law Of The Storm Big Brother And Two People Only Night Ayumi Shinoda​

jux827pl.jpg

I recently downloaded a "reduced mosaic" version of JUX-827 because I couldn't resist a movie with Ayumi Shinoda in it! I used the "maintenance" version of Whisper to create this sub and I attempted to clean it up a bit, and re-interpreted some of the meaningless/ "lewd-less" dialog. Oh yea, and I might have enhanced the storyline just a bit! Again, I don't understand Japanese or Chinese so my re-interpretations might not be totally accurate but I try to match what is happening in the scene. Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• jux-827.rar
    8.6 KB · Views: 190

Prinsipe

Aug 31, 2013
@SamKook , guys, I went ahead and fixed the Whisper Silero VAD for now. This should work. However, because I didn't have editor rights to the original one, I had to make a copy and to publish it from my github. I hope the orignal owner (aNoEntity) does not mind. I'm sure he doesn't.

WhisperWithVAD - maintenance release
It is saved here: https://github.com/meizhong986/WhisperJAV/tree/main/notebook

I have called the new version as a manitenance release, so it doesn't get mstaken from the original.

PS. if any issues let me know. I don't have much bandwidth but will try my best to fix it if this gets broken again.
PPS. the installation step takes a bit longer in this version because the cleanup, stay patient, it takes ca 3 minutes in total.
Hi mei2,

I am confused. The WhisperJAV meizhong986 google colab uses faster-whisper, is it the original version of Whisper with VAD - maintenance release? I prefer to use the original whisper for better transcription quality.

Thank you.

Reactions: mei2

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
The maintenance version uses the original whisper. He just added it to the same github page as a temporary fix since he's not planning to take over that specific project, it's just until the original VAD one starts working again.

You can look at the code to see which version is getting installed to know.

Reactions: mei2 and Prinsipe

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019

HND-137 Teach The Affair And Cum Busty Wife Shinoda History​

hnd137pl.jpg

I recently found another "reduced mosaic" version of HND-137 with Ayumi Shinoda in it! I just love her mother/son and "Teacher" type movies. I used the subtitle from SubtitleCat as the basis for this sub and also used a "maintenance" version of Whisper to fill in some blank dialog and provide clarity in several places. I also attempted to clean it up a bit, and re-interpreted some of the meaningless/ "lewd-less" dialog. Again, I don't understand Japanese or Chinese so my re-interpretations might not be totally accurate but I try to match what is happening in the scene. Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• hnd-137 Ayumi.rar
    17.6 KB · Views: 174

Prinsipe

Aug 31, 2013
The maintenance version uses the original whisper. He just added it to the same github page as a temporary fix since he's not planning to take over that specific project, it's just until the original VAD one starts working again.

You can look at the code to see which version is getting installed to know.
In your testing, is large v3 better than large v2? Because i saw some comments that large v2 is still better than large v3 for japanese overall.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
In your testing, is large v3 better than large v2? Because I saw some comments that large v2 is still better than large v3 for japanese overall.
I still haven't tried large v3. I mostly solve technical problems or mess around with it for fun, I don't use whisper to actually translate videos and watch them so I'm not the best person to ask. There's one I wanted to do but I wasn't satisfied enough with the result to put in the effort of doing a good job of it since it would have been quite extensive.
In my experience, whisper is too random to tell since you can run the same audio over and over without ever getting the same result, but I've never tried to fine tune the settings either.

I also heard that many people commented large v3 was worse but the best way to tell is to test it yourself since it likely depends on multiple things. Maybe others here who use it a lot have an opinion on it for JAV specifically, I don't remember if anyone said it.

Reactions: Taako and mei2