Post your JAV subtitle files here - JAV Subtitle Repository (JSP)★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
I see u use movavi to balance audio and boost volume, does that make a big diff in dialogue output? are you gettin way more text?
I'm not sure if this helps, I'm not an expert, I'm just mentioning that possibly this helps to make the dialog of the audio files easier to detect by the VAD program, so it will detect the subtitles a little better, I've I verified that turning up the volume detected phrases that I had not seen before in previous tests, since I used MP3 before, then I went to use M4A and increase the audio, eliminate noise, etc., in some movies the result is much better, but This can only be my guess, so take all you can from the information on the forum and do your own testing.

Reactions: mei2

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I am having problems with Whisper on the collab, might be my computer, it's been weird lately. But I setup Whisper, upload a file, run Whisper and..... nothing. I get the "executing" text at the bottom but the clock just runs. After a while I get this message

What does this mean? If I change to standard runtime, I get a time out error after a while. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

That warning means whisper isn't actually running since the gpu isn't in use, it's sitting idle and they don't want you to waste time not using a gpu others could be using.

To know what the actual problem is, scroll down at the very bottom and you'll see a log of what it is actually currently doing or if it ran into an issue and is displaying an error.
That error or the last portion of the log is what we need to help you.

Make sure you copied and pasted the input filename into the right place before running whisper btw, you didn't mention if you did or not.

Reactions: amnscfnt

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
I am having problems with Whisper on the collab, might be my computer, it's been weird lately. But I setup Whisper, upload a file, run Whisper and..... nothing. I get the "executing" text at the bottom but the clock just runs. After a while I get this message

View attachment 3153964

What does this mean? If I change to standard runtime, I get a time out error after a while. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!
This error occurs due to the inactivity detected by Whisper, so I recommend that you are doing something within the page, this can happen during the upload of our file, which depending on the size can take between 2 or 5 minutes, sometimes we do Easy to go to see something else in which the file is loaded, the collab page detects inactivity, you have to re-enter the execution environment menu and activate it again.
Screenshot 02-04-2023 11.31.43.png
I usually go back and forth from page to page, sometimes that message appears, which I solve by doing the aforementioned, the best solution to prevent collab from detecting a lack of activity is not leaving the page and what I do very, very often (at all times when I return from another page) refresh the file folder, so that the page detects activity.
Screenshot 01-29-2023 20.04.25.png

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
This error occurs due to the inactivity detected by Whisper, so I recommend that you are doing something within the page, this can happen during the upload of our file, which depending on the size can take between 2 or 5 minutes, sometimes we do Easy to go to see something else in which the file is loaded, the collab page detects inactivity, you have to re-enter the execution environment menu and activate it again.
I usually go back and forth from page to page, sometimes that message appears, which I solve by doing the aforementioned, the best solution to prevent collab from detecting a lack of activity is not leaving the page and what I do very, very often (at all times when I return from another page) refresh the file folder, so that the page detects activity.
Or do all your uploads(or the first one at least) before reserving a gpu so other people can use it while you're not using it and do it all at once once that's done or once you've uploaded enough that you won't need to stop running whisper. Doesn't take that long to prepare everything to run whisper and more people can use the free service that way.

Reactions: soloporhoy666

amnscfnt

Apr 28, 2008
Or do all your uploads(or the first one at least) before reserving a gpu so other people can use it while you're not using it and do it all at once once that's done or once you've uploaded enough that you won't need to stop running whisper.
Thanks for this info - at what point does a user reserve a GPU? I do it from the top down, first a GPU check, then a setup (I skip the Google Drive), then I upload the file to the folder in the sidebar, copy and paste the path into the audio path field and Run Whisper. Should I upload the audio file before any of that? Thank you again!!

Reactions: soloporhoy666

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Yeah, the GPU check selects a GPU and reserves it so you need to upload before doing that.

Reactions: amnscfnt

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
I just ran a test with 0.1 as VAD_Threshold and the result was 993 lines with the same text. So stay away from such low VAD numbers. I'm currently trying VAD_Threshold 0.2.

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019
While using Whisper, I have noticed missing dialog in the srt file when the dialog in the movie was clearly audible. I got to thinking that the audio that I stripped from the original MP4 file was in stereo and that Whisper was only processing one of the stereo tracks and possibly missing dialog that may have been encoded on the other channel. So I ran my stereo MP3 file through an app called Audacity and merged the two audio tracks into one and exported it as a mono MP3 file. The resultant Whisper download srt file was much better and it seemed to clean up some of the timing on the dialog too (at least on this sample of one). I seem to remember some discussion about using mono files here, but obviously it didn't stick! Anyway wondered if anyone else has encountered this?

Last edited:

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
I did mention that mono tracks didn't work with Autosub and Vrew a few pages back and maybe someone claimed Whisper converts the track you upload to mono? Not sure. I have only uploaded one track in mono and that was from a Korean film where only the center channel of the 5.1 track contained dialog. I don't think these jav has much in the way of stereo. Maybe in the music but not in the dialog. I will make an attempt to capture dialog through a mono track with a video I have uploaded before to see if there is indeed some kind of clear improvement.

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019
I just ran a test with 0.1 as VAD_Threshold and the result was 993 lines with the same text. So stay away from such low VAD numbers. I'm currently trying VAD_Threshold 0.2.
Yea, I've tried VAD thresholds of 0.2 and 0.6 but I liked the results from the the default (0.4) the best. Results may vary from movie to movie however as I only experimented with one. Some posts have also recommended increasing the volume on the MP3 file; however, this hasn't worked for me either. Technically, I don't think increasing the volume would help because you would be increasing the background noise/music along with the signal/voices. What is probably needed is some "smart" filtering to improve the signal (voices) to noise ratio and thus giving Whisper/VAD a better chance of detecting the dialog.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
If you look at this post of mine, in the first edit, I've checked the whisper code where it process the input audio it's getting with ffmpeg: https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...not-a-sub-request-thread.1466451/post-4620317

What it's doing is decoding the audio to uncompressed wav(format="s16le", acodec="pcm_s16le"), setting it to 1 channel aka mono(ac=1), setting the sampling rate to 16k(ar=sr where sr is = to 16000) and sending that to the console("-").

So whatever you're doing to the audio, this also gets done after.

When you're comparing to find what the best processing to do is, it's not enough to just try it once and move on if it's bad, whisper tends to be random so you might just have gotten a bad run of it and the next one could be great.
Here's a post where I did the same test on the same audio 4 times in a row with 4 different results and posted the subs: https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...not-a-sub-request-thread.1920331/post-4577317

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
I have increased volume with all three types of audio to text and if you don't go overboard with the volume increase it has always yielded better results. Amplification is also better than compression. Some software doesn't like clipping so you may have to think about that, too.

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019

DVDES-564 Sex Education For Two Want To Tell The Beloved Son Incest Creampie Ultimate Planning The Pregnancy ...

1dvdes564pl.jpg

I used Whisper to produce this subtitle file for DVDES-564. I got two translations out of Whisper and I created a new file based on what I thought was the best one to use for each time slot. As always however, I still had to clean it up a bit and re-interpreted some of the meaningless dialog. I also found an older machine translation where I cut the lines for the Banner frames and added them to my new Hybrid file! Again, I don't understand Japanese or Chinese so my re-interpretations might not be totally accurate but I try to match what is happening in the scene. Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think.​

Thanks to SamKook post about how Whisper translations can vary even with the same input parameters. I guess that's part of the AI feature...rolling the dice on the best fit ??​

Attachments

• DVDES-564- Copy.rar
    21 KB · Views: 309

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019

DVDES-794 The Issues In The Ultimate Want To Tell Incest Planning Beloved Son ... Sex Education 8 For To Pregnancy

1dvdes794pl.jpg

I used Whisper to produce this subtitle file for DVDES-794 A&B. DVDES is an 8 hr movie with shortened sequences for episodes 1 thru 7 and a new episode 8 in the series . As always however, I still had to clean it up a bit and re-interpreted some of the meaningless dialog. Again, I don't understand Japanese or Chinese so my re-interpretations might not be totally accurate but I try to match what is happening in the scene. Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think.​

Attachments

• DVDES-794A.rar
    31 KB · Views: 275
  • DVDES-794B.rar
    36 KB · Views: 270

panop857

Sep 11, 2011
I've been impressed by Whisper. I am running it locally, which I can handle the Medium model but not the large. Various thoughts on it and how it relates to JAV. I think it is worth making a different thread for discussion of optimization, as there are many parameters.
  1. Whisper is best at picking up on plot segments where characters are calmly talking in simple sentence structures.
  2. These "large language models" seemingly avoid edgy material, so conversations about slavery and r*** or super explicit sex talk will end up with euphemisms at best but more likely to just come off as feeling totally wrong. I don't know what parameters would allow it to pick up on edgier language. I have some ideas, though.
  3. Unless you are using the additional VAD, you probably need to spend time figuring out good settings for no_speech_ threshhold and logprob_threshhold. no_speech_ threshhold = 0.3 and logprob_threshhold=0.1 seem like good starting points that don't pick up on too much fake noise or splitting up one single line into multiple fragments, which are the two common problems with detecting voices. There's much more nuance than that, as they are linked to each other and depend on the sound quality of the video.
  4. If you have a GPU, you want to make sure you are using it. This requires setting up Cuda, which can take some installing and uninstalling of pytorch to make sure you have the correct versions
  5. When you are doing an initial test, you likely want to use the Tiny model, which is the fastest and the only one that can really run on a CPU.
  6. Most modern gaming PCs can likely handle the Medium model, but the Large is enough that you either need to use the web service collab that others post, or have a $3500 gaming PC.
  7. There is huge value to using the larger models, especially when it comes to consistently discerning character names and avoiding the issues with repetitive lines.
  8. "Temperature" , "beam_size", and "best_of" are options that might take some tinkering before some optimal solution for JAV is discovered.
  9. There are models that are a bit more tailored to Japanese, such as https://huggingface.co/vumichien/whisper-medium-jp. I do not know how to get it to work after downloading the .bin file, though. None of the guides are written for the perspective of somebody that is new to using these HuggingFace models.

I have some security questions. When I upload files to here, what happens to the metadata that would identify my computer name? If I use the online Collab service, can other people link what I translate to my Google account?

An example of a pretty good transcript that I've been able to generated. There's a good amount of "mean" that fits the Attackers script.

[01:00:00.560 --> 01:00:02.940] You...
[01:00:03.740 --> 01:00:06.600] Stop it.
[01:00:15.520 --> 01:00:17.440] My heart can't handle it.
[01:00:17.480 --> 01:00:18.660] No...
[01:00:20.000 --> 01:00:22.440] What's gotten into you?
[01:00:22.900 --> 01:00:24.600] Come on.
[01:00:25.560 --> 01:00:27.020] Do you hear?
[01:01:27.020 --> 01:01:29.860] You think you'll have fun?
[01:01:29.860 --> 01:01:31.820] Come here.
[01:01:44.340 --> 01:01:47.300] Good girl...
[01:01:52.240 --> 01:01:54.040] Take a kiss...
[01:01:54.040 --> 01:01:56.580] You can call it a blessing.
[01:01:57.580 --> 01:01:58.780] No.
[01:01:58.780 --> 01:02:00.620] Hold yourself down.
[01:02:00.620 --> 01:02:04.240] Give it to her.
[01:02:04.240 --> 01:02:05.280] Let her go.
[01:02:05.280 --> 01:02:07.000] No.
[01:02:09.020 --> 01:02:10.500] I'm sorry.
[01:02:10.500 --> 01:02:20.540] Do whatever you want, you half-hearted brat.
[01:02:20.540 --> 01:02:25.580] I won't.

Last edited:

Makkdom

Mar 4, 2019
Whisper seems to need a lewder vocabulary.

I have not tried using Whisper myself, but in looking through some of the rough files that have been posted on this board by so many great members, I have noticed that when the dialogue turns sexy Whisper has some trouble. Here are a few examples of what I mean: Instead of translating "chinpo" as "dick" or "cock" or even "penis," one file I saw used "chimpanzee." Soapland or brothel was translated as "funeral.' so the guy was saying "Since I have been to the funeral I am no longer a virgin." Having sex comes across as "killing" or "live with". Sucking cock was "make food." It is pretty funny but also takes you out of the mood. So I am wondering, is there a way to teach Whisper the vocabulary it needs for JAV?

ArtemisINFJ

God Slayer, Dawnbreaker
Nov 5, 2022

I have not tried using Whisper myself, but in looking through some of the rough files that have been posted on this board by so many great members, I have noticed that when the dialogue turns sexy Whisper has some trouble. Here are a few examples of what I mean: Instead of translating "chinpo" as "dick" or "cock" or even "penis," one file I saw used "chimpanzee." Soapland or brothel was translated as "funeral.' so the guy was saying "Since I have been to the funeral I am no longer a virgin." Having sex comes across as "killing" or "live with". Sucking cock was "make food." It is pretty funny but also takes you out of the mood. So I am wondering, is there a way to teach Whisper the vocabulary it needs for JAV?
I found this on the web https://huggingface.co/blog/fine-tune-whisper & . It is an instruction on how to fine tuning the models for Whisper AI, I think this can help the community to further improve the reliability of this tools. I cited the sources from Github https://github.com/openai/whisper/discussions/64

Imscully

Apr 1, 2014

Sucking cock was "make food." ???????
Mom! Make my food!!!
No!! Fuck that ravioli shit.
I meant that I want you to suck my cock!!
(But...yeah...ravioli sounds good, but after the head.)