Picking up girls ;)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
and I thought jacksalotson was a loser. Oh well, another to add to my ignore list.

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
Aquamarine, the biggest pussy of akiba has no balls; he really shouldn't have pissed on my rottweiler.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
please stay on topic, before this happens to this thread. it´s just on it´s way...

attachment.php

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Haha, that's a CN Train!

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
yeah, a Canadian National train, but mainly I was targeting in the direction of the derailment...

attachment.php

General Motors EMD (Electro Motive Division) Canadian National F7 looks way better though...

attachment.php

Mod off topic as well...

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Nifty beans! There was a pretty decent derailment back in my hometown a couple years back. Spilled a bung-load of grain all over hell's half acre. I've got photos somewhere...

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
Ooo, I wanna play with the trains too!

51117590.jpg

Jap_luv

May 25, 2008
Well i don't know about you guys but i go to Japan every year and have a awesome time, even though i cant speak much japanese.
As for the ladies, well most love me as much as i love them :)
Be a gentleman at all times, be honest and have fun, i find the Jap ladies love to laugh.
As for picking up girls, well that can happen anywhere, even been picked up by 4 women on a train to Osaka city who most could talk pretty good english, they took me to this bar/pizza place and we all got drunk,and i went home with one of the girls who had a apartment closeby, we still keep in touch.

imported_the_laughing_man

Ritalin Addict!
Jan 15, 2010
I found that Japanese girls love English guys. When I was there last December I stayed in Kashiwa and pulled a few girls in The Hub and other bars and clubs, Roppongi is great as some of the girls are there just for that.

Speaking some Japanese is a must thought or you can have total communication breakdown.

MikieNes

Aug 27, 2008
I'm not in the good-looking category (good hygeine and fit, but approaching fugly), and around the eikaiwa, it was nearly impossible NOT to get hit onm, and by some very beautiful women. Outside of that environment, I was a joke. A couple of years of serious humiliation ensued.

Since then, I've honed my Japanese to the point where I can speak at a conversational level, and, because I'm exceptionally witty, I can joke and flirt pretty well. Now I can easily meet half a dozen women of all ages in a day, and get their numbers. Out of those, perhaps two will screw me senseless. The difference is in the language skills, the fact that I have a lot less emotional baggage, and the fact that I no longer give a fuck.

Expect to spend at least two to three years of hardcore study to learn the language though. It ain't easy.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
However they find us cuter and more attractive if you have poor and 'cute' Japanese. Let's not forget that fact of life here, friends.

Ceiling Cat

Oct 25, 2008
However they find us cuter and more attractive if you have poor and 'cute' Japanese. Let's not forget that fact of life here, friends.

True, I don't find Japanese girls who speak perfect English to be as charming...

I'm always told that my pronunciation is spot-on, at which point I have to explain that my mother is Japanese and that I grew up listening to her enka tapes-- otherwise I would have looked like another white guy (I pull more on my dad's side) who speaks Japanese well because he picks up girls all the time or has a few Japanese ex-wives stashed around the place...