ORON slow as hell now?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

falcon26

Nov 7, 2009
I used to use FileSonic for all my downloads. Well we know what happened their. Now I use my old ORON account which while never as fast as filesonic it would at least get somewhere between 500-600 download speed. Now I'm lucky if I get 100 kilobytes on any file from any user I download from using ORON. I am a premium member too. Is oron not using full bandwidth anymore or something? I have Comcast internet 30 MEG download speed line.

nervx

Feb 20, 2007
oron is dying. they no longer pay uploaders, paypal blocked them and their servers have been going down and getting slower constantly.

the days of getting paid to upload are gone. the sooner greedy uploaders realise this and move onto a decent file host service the better.

nervx

Feb 20, 2007
your lucky if you can get to even d/l anything of oron at all let alone have any speed over 10k/s

@nervx how about YOU spend your time and money looking for stuff to ul and get nothing in return. Its time you freeloaders understood NOTHING is free :sadomaso:

everything was being shared for free for many years without any problems. once reward programs popped up people got greedy but it was okay because the service was worth it. now that the rewards are going away on all but the shittiest of hosts it's time to move on.

ircaddicts

Jun 18, 2009
everything was being shared for free for many years without any problems. once reward programs popped up people got greedy but it was okay because the service was worth it. now that the rewards are going away on all but the shittiest of hosts it's time to move on.

WRONG. How do you think people paid for the subs to sites if they did'nt make anything from shareing? Subs are NOT cheap 1919gogo is $90 a MONTH. Now I don't know about you but I'm not going to pay that so others can get it for FREE. File shareing sites have ALLWAYS paid money to uploaders its just in the last few years more and more people got into it until it got to big to ignore so the maffiaa got thier paid for lackies to do somethig about it.

I agree oron is awfull and wish sites would ban it but thats not the point. The point is most sharers are not out to make masses of money they just want cover thier expenses and get a little something for thier time and effort.

Jul 1, 2009
The point is most sharers are not out to make masses of money they just want cover thier expenses and get a little something for thier time and effort.

The problem is... as soon as money is involved, community and courtesy take a backseat. People post what's already been posted, people start using a robot to make posts, people stop paying attention to rules about allowed content and hosts.

Sites like Megaupload and Mediafire were always nice enough for downloaders that no one had to bother to buy premium. Yet "professionals" preferred to make people jump through hoops for fractions of cent at a time.

Sharing is better without this cynical crap involved.

ircaddicts

Jun 18, 2009
The problem is... as soon as money is involved, community and courtesy take a backseat. People post what's already been posted, people start using a robot to make posts, people stop paying attention to rules about allowed content and hosts.

Sites like Megaupload and Mediafire were always nice enough for downloaders that no one had to bother to buy premium. Yet "professionals" preferred to make people jump through hoops for fractions of cent at a time.

Sharing is better without this cynical crap involved.

But there where, are and allways will be people like that its not like they just suddenly appeared now. There are people like in all file shareing comunites. You never come accross a bit torrent or usenet post where you need a password for the file and in order to get it you need to fill out a survey or join some crap site ? If file hosts stop paying all together the amount of stuff would drop off MASSIVELY and virtually the only people left doing it would the so called "proffessionals" and you would have to jump though many annoying hoops to get the files. As VERY few people would be willing to spend all the time, money and effort it requires to do this for nothing.

Aslo the rules here encourage people to repost since its allowed as long as its not on the same file host. Now before you go saying there are forums that allow this, yes there are forums where anything goes and everyone on it is just about makeing money but THIS is not one of those forums. Out of the good forums I've found on my travels around the net this is the only "good" forum that allows repots at all.

jswift255

Privateer
Oct 3, 2010
Im the complete opposite of you falcon. I used to max out around 60 speed, but now im at around 600:pandalaugh: Not sure what happened but I fucking love it:grassdance:

Code01

Jun 23, 2010
Oron is worst it wont even start most the time can remeber last time was able to even start a download of them.