with what do you upload to megaupload?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I was wondering if I'm the only one who has problem uploading to megaupload. I don't have a very fast upload (around 60 KB/sec) and my connection is not always stable(that's the price to pay to have unlimited bandwidth in quebec), so these doesn't help.

I find the website upload to be somewhat good, but the problem is that it doesn't allow to resume broken uploads and when my connection gets bad, I have to wait until it gets better or hope that the upload won't get broken.

I tried mega manager and it's the most horrible software I have ever seen. It downloads at half the speed from the browser(so much for the 6 times faster that they advertise), keep getting errors when uploading(which can make the upload 3 to 4 time longer than using the browser) and sometimes the number of MB uploaded revert to less than what it really is so you have no idea when the upload will finish.

I tried to find an alternative, but the only one I managed to find seemed to have stopped working, because megaupload changed something. I was wondering if anyone knew something else I could try?

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
And that is why i don't upload to MU, the same thing happens with me to.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I thought about stopping uploading there, but it's great for downloading and pretty popular. And their link works great with rapidshare remote upload, so it's easy to mirror them unlike hotfile links . If only megaupload also had some kind of remote upload I could do the opposite and upload to rapidshare.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I guess you didn't read the whole thing, so I'm gonna quote myself:
I tried mega manager and it's the most horrible software I have ever seen.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
No I didn't, your block paragraph was no so appealing to me, I was only crossreading.

MegaManager ain't the best software for uploading stuff, but it works.
I acknowledge about the rather unstable and low upload speed, but I don't care as soon as I don't have to restart the whole process from the beginning.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I have to admit that my paragraph would have been better if I had hit enter a couple of times.

From my experience, I found out that it's sometimes better to restart a couple of upload from the start at faster speed than hoping mega manager can finish an upload properly.

After about 11 hours of upload today, heres a screenshot of what it accomplished:

The last time I had an upload stop at 200mb, it took about 1h and a half to finish uploading and the size went to 185 mb when it restarted, 94 when it restarted again after crashing a couples of times and at 95 mb it finished.

Thats the reason I only use it when my connection gets really bad like today and the browser upload never finish anything. Other than that, I find the browser faster even if some uploads restart once in a while.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I'm not having severe connection problems so uploading is rather smooth. Make sure that you are not running bandwidth-hungry programs like bitorrent at the same time. My speed is between 20 and 90 KB/s, not satisfying but I can upload 350 MB in less than two hours.
I'm getting more or less the same speed with the standard Megaupload interface, but with the "disconnection error problem" that forces me to restart from scratch.

It happened once that after the uploading process was finished, it gave me some error message. I don't remember what was written exactly, maybe same as you. After my mind almost exploded, I just "retried" to upload it (pressed some retry button or something), and the error was solved immediately, with the proper link for the uploaded file.

Another comment: Megaupload allows filesizes higher than 200 MB (is it 500 MB or 1 GB ?), if you would not cut your files that much, at least you would have less parts to upload (similar upload time overall, but less upload processes to perform).
I guess it's to have "parts" compatibility with other websites (rapidshare), but then it's not optimized for their service in my opinion. Megaupload is more interesting for very big files.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
When I run others programs that upload at the same time, I always limit the upload on them so they don't affect too much my upload on megaupload.

I used mega manager 5 or 6 times now and every time I get at lest one error every 3 files. It's rarely at 200mb, I think it knew I was speaking ill of it and wanted to punish me.

And I use 200 mb file because I mirror all my uploads to rapidshare via the remote upload function. This way if a link goes dead, I have a backup and there are always people that ask for rapidshare if you only upload to megaupload and vice versa. This way, most people are happy and it's not much more trouble for me.