Oron Information Thread

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
My first experience with Oron premium account:

Downloaded 200MB file from 85.17.79.137:80, Speeds were around 10-50 Kilobytes/s.

My maximum downstream is 850 Kilobytes/s.

expat

Jan 4, 2009
I also have had many bad experiences with oron dropping downloads, often at the end of a very large download. For a free user, it's almost useless. From what others have said, it's not worth joining either. To get a substantial number to join, you have to be better than the rest, not worse.

qwerty07

Mar 3, 2010
Hi Oron,

Here are my experiences using Oron as a free user,

First, I have to wait 9hours between each download. Seriously, this had really turn me off to the core. (Who on earth has that amount of time to wait if a video is split into 5 parts or more? It is total ridiculous.)

Second, the download speed is only 60kb/sec at max. This had turn me off too.

Now if you can seriously remove the waiting time between downloads, and allow unlimited parallel downloads and improve the download speed to at least a 200kb/sec for each download, I will really appreciate it and will start using Oron whenever I see posts with Oron links.

As for now, I will still skip Oron posts, and stick to my 3 favourite file hosters (rank in order), Bitshare, Ugotfile, Mediafire. These 3 are fantastic. Provide fast and parallel downloads even as a free user.

Wow, I didn't realize bitshare allowed parallel downloads. I think I had a bad experience with it and stopped using it.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll start looking for it from now on :perfectplan:

Mediafire is the model to follow. It's the best on the internet for free users.

trivium03

Jun 21, 2009
Dear trivium03,

could you perhaps rephrase your question for me?
Do you mean your download numbers are dropping or is the connection lost during downloads?

ooops..sorry. It's the connection lost during downloads. And it's the only file that I'm downloading.

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
I also have had many bad experiences with oron dropping downloads, often at the end of a very large download. For a free user, it's almost useless. From what others have said, it's not worth joining either. To get a substantial number to join, you have to be better than the rest, not worse.

OK, dear expat,

regarding that I also had bad experiences with it in the past.
But around the 15th or 16th I grabbed the chief IT guy and some technician from ORON and skype and forced him to work so many hours on that problem until the problem was fixed. Nothing is more frustrating than losing the connection after 3 hours of downloading. I also fixed the problems of the disabled "download resume" after you paused.
I can show you the skype protocol.
Now: IF anybody of you has some download drops again PM me right away and then you can bet that there will be one IT guy sweating at the servers once more. It should be fixed now, though. It has to be.

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
My first experience with Oron premium account:

Downloaded 200MB file from 85.17.79.137:80, Speeds were around 10-50 Kilobytes/s.

My maximum downstream is 850 Kilobytes/s.

OK, let me get you one promise and also some skype protocol (my boss will be killing me for this probably - but I really want to show you this):

I managed to finally move the management to significantly increase the speed for all users. And also the download limit will be handled.

[25.02.2011 20:24:24] ORON management: upload speed will increase soon. We are working on all download aspects right now.

My personal experience is that I get around 1,1mb/s DL which is pretty much the maximum of my poor ISP right now. It might depend where in the word you are?

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
The ads pay for hosting costs which enable you to enjoy this website for free.

expat

Jan 4, 2009
Well, I just got another dropped download after 72.07 MB out of 106.60. When I got home and restarted it in Jdownloader, it went back to 0 MB.

live3144

Banned
Oct 10, 2009
show you the photo!!
oron is the leader!!!!!

hotfile delete so many acc! so many uploaders hate them !
but oron, you should know why!

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
Hello, igloo!
The original reason for many users to switch to ORON is
actually the fact that the files stay online much longer
than with any other filehoster.

Regards.

Oron keeps links only for 6 hours it sux when you use downloader

bumpyhead

Oct 15, 2010
I got this the very first day I purchased the premium account.:nosebleed:
Wish I had chosen 1 month only.

stein1985

May 28, 2010
Here a few screenshot when i using oron:

Upload:

Average upload speed is 900kbps. if i want to upload file with size is 400 MB, it will take 7min++.
Usually, my total upload is 20GB.
My outgoing speed is 10MBps (i get 9MBps upload speed when using hotfile).

Download:

Download speed is only 80kbps. in my test, stabil. not to bad for free user. but will make free user think twice if file size is large.

My Statistic:

Code:
If your level is:
40% we pay you $10.0 per 1000 downloads.
70% we pay you $17.5 per 1000 downloads.
100% we pay you $25 per 1000 downloads.

5. Minimum payout amount is $100.

Simple Calculation (with my level, filesize is 400 MB, and 1000 download):
i will get only 2% x $25 = $0.5

lets compare it with HotFile (with copper rank):
i will get $4

and if i compare it with FileSonic/FileServe (with lowest reward):
i will get $4 too.

but, i will get maximum earning with oron if my level is 100% and filesize is only 5-10MB.

my question, minimum file size to get rewards in oron?? i don't get it in oron site.

can you PM me about detail calculation level??

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
Hello, stein1985.

Thank you for your detailed analysis.
You are pointing out to the pay per download program ORON offers his partners. What makes ORON unique in the net is the pay per sale partnership offering 55% per sale and all rebills. I already tried to explain that the rebills - or the prolongations of the premium accounts by members - are boosting the earnings per sold new account mathematically to about 200%, because every new user generated prolongs his account about 3-4 times.

Please look at this recent earning table:

This user is able to make more that 170$ per day with only about 2,000 downloads. Important is to mention is, that he uses the pay per sale program.

ircaddicts

Jun 18, 2009
Trying to d/l from oron is a nightmare at the best of times but for the last 3 to 4 weeks its been impossable as all I get when i try is that there is XX hours XX mins and XX secs to next d/l slot and that time never changes. If I refresh the page the numbers changes randomly. I tried both as a free user and then registered a free account and it happends on both on them :sadomaso:

Cattleya

Bakunyuu Mistress
Dec 2, 2009
You don't need premium accounts anywhere !

I have got a 20mb ADSL, but as slow as i get, and having absolutely any rush, i can have ANYTHING I want to download without giving them unnecessary money to download faster...

...Unless you are happy to receive the small changes to buy the candies... That way, I can understand you !

(Please, don't delete this post ! It's my point of view and my freedom to speech !)

davidyang

Aug 9, 2008
It's good to see Oron replying directly. I respect that.

I am happy with my DL speed; I get 1.2 megs, which is my line speed.

My only slight quibble is that I am not really clear how the 15gb/3 days quota works; when I have used up my allotment, it seems to come back in dribs and drabs. Ideally it would be good to have a countdown timer on my account page so that I could see how long it took until I had more download credit.