Oron Information Thread

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
Hello, davidyang!

The download- and upload speed was increased significantly in the past 2 weeks by ORON. You should have noticed that. At least I hope so :)

And for the 15 gig: calculated on 30 days the limit is actually equal or better compared to rapidshare.
I will forward your suggestion.

It's good to see Oron replying directly. I respect that.

I am happy with my DL speed; I get 1.2 megs, which is my line speed.

My only slight quibble is that I am not really clear how the 15gb/3 days quota works; when I have used up my allotment, it seems to come back in dribs and drabs. Ideally it would be good to have a countdown timer on my account page so that I could see how long it took until I had more download credit.

girlbeauty

May 16, 2009
I'm a premium user, but I really regret paying!
1. It says the limit of d/l is 15GB/3 days. But then when I register for the first day and d/l 15GB and waited for 3 days, the limit only goes up to 5GB. Then I d/l 5GB. But the next day, the limit did not increase and up to now, it's still negative!
2. 90% of time, the connection drops during DL. But it counts the DL bandwidth! How ridiculous! I was DLing from other sharing host simultaneously and they are all successful!
7 days after joining, I actually downloaded just couples of gigs of stuff! I can do that without paying in other hosts!

stein1985

May 28, 2010
Hello, stein1985.

Thank you for your detailed analysis.
You are pointing out to the pay per download program ORON offers his partners. What makes ORON unique in the net is the pay per sale partnership offering 55% per sale and all rebills. I already tried to explain that the rebills - or the prolongations of the premium accounts by members - are boosting the earnings per sold new account mathematically to about 200%, because every new user generated prolongs his account about 3-4 times.

Please look at this recent earning table:

This user is able to make more that 170$ per day with only about 2,000 downloads. Important is to mention is, that he uses the pay per sale program.

you right, pay per sale partnership more profitable. here my stat for the first day:

:nosebleed:

ircaddicts

Jun 18, 2009
you right, pay per sale partnership more profitable. here my stat for the first day:

:nosebleed:

so you got $10 form how many sales ? 1 ? 10? I would'nt bother with oron if I where there useless and with a LOT of free users being unable to d/l anything you thats why you are geting noithing from d/ls as well as orons crap pay rates. Try File Sonic or Deposit Files they are SO much better

stein1985

May 28, 2010
so you got $10 form how many sales ? 1 ? 10? I would'nt bother with oron if I where there useless and with a LOT of free users being unable to d/l anything you thats why you are geting noithing from d/ls as well as orons crap pay rates. Try File Sonic or Deposit Files they are SO much better

:hi: i got $10 from 1 sale (3 month membership). and i got +$17 from 6 month membership. so my total earning is $27.

i agree with you about oron pay rates for pay per download program. my account level only 2%, so i got only $0.5/1000 DL. lowest earning if i compare it with hotfile, filesonic, and fileserve. but when i change to pay per sale program, i got $27 in one day (i got only $3+/day from hotfile).

i hope oron decrease it minimum payout, from $100 to $15-$30.

igloo

Nov 10, 2008
Hello, igloo!
The original reason for many users to switch to ORON is
actually the fact that the files stay online much longer
than with any other filehoster.

Regards.

Yes but 6 hours are not enough, i have ton of undownloaded files
that i can't resume!! Of course i have premium account

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
News about earnings plans, alertpay and speed!

Hello, everyone!

I am happy to inform your about the new earnings plan that is now available for everyone that likes to share files:

--> We offer 70% of the sold account price as bonus if it is a new customer you generated and additionally 30% of all rebills and renewals you are making with this plan.

Of course you will still get the 5% webmaster bonus and the 5% website bonus in addition.

Our "Pay Per Download" and 55% new account / 55% rebill plan are also still valid a free to be chosen.

Regarding alertpay we finally have good news since the technical difficulties have been resolved and thus the payment method should be available next week. Also our speed will increase in the coming days both for upload and downloads.

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
Offer for Coaching

Hello, everyone!

Just to motivate you a bit about ORON I would like to show you one earning table of a smart user:

So my offer is to help you all to increase your earnings. If you PM me I can give you some hopefully valuable hints how to increase your earnings to perhaps earn more than 100$ a day.
It is possible to get there within 60 days from my point of view.

Feel free to contact me!

Regards!

seramater

Banned
Mar 1, 2011
i upload oron with CuteFTp speed 8mb/s ( very slows :exhausted: my account pre )
Hotfile or Fileserve and Filesonic speed upload very good (~50mb/s)
you can help me upload Oron speed strong???

stinky22

Stinky
Jul 3, 2009
sorry folks but I find Oron a total wasted place to post...I wonder how many have access...I use my credit card on all the major file supporting sites but I tried to join Oron and their payment supporter will not accept and wants a bank transfer as payment...as if...
Perhaps I should not slap Oron totally but they need a new source through which users can pay with their credit cards...for me when I see Oron I just ignor the entire thread.
I would and tried to be a subcriber to the Oron service.

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
News about speed and limits

Hello, everyone.

We like to update you on the new improved upload- and download-speed for free and premium users in combination with a new 20GB download package for 3 days. In addition the waiting time for free users was significantly reduced.

Best wishes and regards,

ORON support

splint

Jun 26, 2007
sorry
oron not good for me!
wait for an hour to file!!!!!!!!!!

then no file rather than oron

dodo_7

Nov 17, 2008
I'm Sorry, but oron is really a joke compared to other filehosts. If you guys want to be taken seriously why don't you start but taking off the 15gb/3days cap. This is totally ridiculous. Why try comparing yourself to rapidshare when they are not one of the prominent filehosts at the moment. I signed up for a premium account and i have to say i never will renew. The cap is just rubbish and unheard of in these times. Its like you guys think that consumers are so stupid to pay for something that is no where near the competition. I just went to alexa and i am glad that they are rubbish in terms of stats too.

EvtbtLVMA0S55FcA1n8ivqV1e.jpeg

I don't mind having a constructive conversation regarding the filehost,but like i said earlier, if you want to be taken seriously remove the 15gb/3day cap ,then we can talk.

By the way, it was really smart of you guys to changed the price range without informing anyone but announced that you guys have increased the cap to 20gb.
Before: one month =9.95 US$, now 9.95 EUR, which equals 14.50 US$

Very smart because i guess you think us the downloaders are stupid.
Well done :)

supermokkori

May 31, 2009
Hello, everyone.

We like to update you on the new improved upload- and download-speed for free and premium users in combination with a new 20GB download package for 3 days. In addition the waiting time for free users was significantly reduced.

Best wishes and regards,

ORON support

Hello Oron Support person,

I have a fairly simple question that I'm hoping you can answer.

One of the biggest reasons why I dislike your service is the long wait times between downloads. I've read that recently Oron has reduced the wait time between downloads for free & registered users, a claim you've also stated above. So I really hope this claim would be true.

So just to see how much of an improvement was made, I decided to test it out by downloading a 250MB Oron file. It took me an hour and six minutes to download, which is a bit faster than usual for me on Oron. After downloading the file, I went to download another Oron file. I got a message that stated I would need to wait an hour and 20 minutes before I could download the second file. And yes, I'm downloading as a free user.

What I would like to know is how this an improvement than before? In the past when i used Oron, the waiting times between files was at least an hour sometimes two hours. I'm not here to stir the pot - just trying to understand the improvement in wait times between downloads. I ask not just for myself - if I plan to use Oron service in the future (in downloading or uploading), it would be nice to understand the improvement for myself and for future free users as well.

I hope you'll reply to this message soon - I'll understand that if no reply is given, that no improvement to wait times between downloads have been made.

Thanks for your time.

expat

Jan 4, 2009
I have to add my voice to the many others complaining *in the strongest terms* about your service. As a free user I have downloaded the same file three times now, a 384 mb file, and each time it stops just before completion and I must start all over again.

Here's the simple truth: Your service is *completely unacceptable* to free users. I said I would give you a chance, and I have. The result is clear. You will fail if you don't change soon; it may already be too late.

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
Dear supermokkori,

first of all this is not meant to be some sort of "only-pro-ORON" thread.
I am personally taking every input here very seriously and try to change things for the better. One thing ORON improved is for example the new 20gig download amount for 3 days. Another thing ORON did was to reduce the waiting-time in the past days. Also due to the new servers the upload- and download-speed for both free and premium users is much higher now.
Thank you for your input and feedback!

Regards.

Hello Oron Support person,

I have a fairly simple question that I'm hoping you can answer.

One of the biggest reasons why I dislike your service is the long wait times between downloads. I've read that recently Oron has reduced the wait time between downloads for free & registered users, a claim you've also stated above. So I really hope this claim would be true.

So just to see how much of an improvement was made, I decided to test it out by downloading a 250MB Oron file. It took me an hour and six minutes to download, which is a bit faster than usual for me on Oron. After downloading the file, I went to download another Oron file. I got a message that stated I would need to wait an hour and 20 minutes before I could download the second file. And yes, I'm downloading as a free user.

What I would like to know is how this an improvement than before? In the past when i used Oron, the waiting times between files was at least an hour sometimes two hours. I'm not here to stir the pot - just trying to understand the improvement in wait times between downloads. I ask not just for myself - if I plan to use Oron service in the future (in downloading or uploading), it would be nice to understand the improvement for myself and for future free users as well.

I hope you'll reply to this message soon - I'll understand that if no reply is given, that no improvement to wait times between downloads have been made.

Thanks for your time.

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
Dear expat,
this is not a problem with the
ORON service but a problem with the file.
Our service would get 10,000th of mails daily if the
interruption of the download would accrue on a larger scale!
I am also very sorry for the problems you faced.

I have to add my voice to the many others complaining *in the strongest terms* about your service. As a free user I have downloaded the same file three times now, a 384 mb file, and each time it stops just before completion and I must start all over again.

Here's the simple truth: Your service is *completely unacceptable* to free users. I said I would give you a chance, and I have. The result is clear. You will fail if you don't change soon; it may already be too late.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
...and still no mention of the USD/EUR price change :thief: