Oron Information Thread

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
Hello everyone at Akiba!

We are happy to be your sponsor on this great board for this month.
The intention of this thread is to inform you about ORON as a relatively new and smart filehosting alternative to the already established hosters and to answer all sorts of questions that may occur personally in this thread.

We would also like to give you some input about the different options to make some money with ORON
and what the current advantages of ORON in comparison to other filehosts are.

Let me start with the profit options:

With ORON as your smart filehosting partner you are in the superior position
to profit from your own files simply by posting them on a forum, blog or any place you like!
And with ORON you can earn more money than any other filehoster is able offer you.
We grant you unique terms and make the most extensive toolkit available for you to control your files and earnings - from remote upload, FTP, comprehensive statistics, files duplicates to different file status options.
Thus both experienced web masters and beginners will find our offer interesting.
We offer you 4 different Partnership Plans you can choose from:

1. Earn 55% of every sold premium account with our partnership program! With this plan you will earn with all re-bills - again and again. Every customer you generated will stay yours for lifetime. Website owners will even get a 5% bonus to every sale generated from their site!

2. Make up to 25$ per 1,000 downloads – every country will be counted!

3. Select our individual Partnership Program and get up to 70-85% per sold account! In this case re-bills are excluded. Contact ORON to apply for this option!

---> It is up to you! Become our ORON partner today and earn more money with us!

Earn more money with ORON:

- Use your sites, blogs and other resources to promote Oron.com.
- Share your cool and interesting files all over the net, earn money for every download!
- Downloads from all countries are counted.
- We pay up to $25 per 1000 downloads from non premium members.
- We pay 55% commission on all sales and even re-bills. This makes the difference!
- Feel free to switch between our partnership programs once every 7 days: 55% of sales or per download.
- We grant you a 5% bonus for webmaster referrals.
- Website owners, earn 5% for sold premium accounts via your site even if the file is not yours!

Profit options:

Per download: By default you enter into a per-download program, but you can always switch to the 55% revshare program (including all re-bills!) inside your account admin area by going to Advanced Options. And of course we have the third option with our Individual Partnership where you get 70-85% of all sold accounts (excluding the re-bills)!

Webmaster Referral Bonus:
Refer other webmasters to join Oron.com and we'll give you 5% of all sales & re-bills they generate. This means a lot of extra cash simply for advising other webmasters to work with ORON! Grab your link codes and put them in your Resources page, Message Board signature, etc...

Website owners: Website owners can earn 5% for memberships sold via their sites even if the actual file belongs to a different affiliate.

If you are interested you might want to register here:

http://oron.com/index33208.html

If you have any questions or requests regarding ORON in general, please feel free to PM me or write a comment in this thread! I am also here to help you also with your technical questions, to listen to your critics or to write down your suggestions.

Thank you!

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
But oron speed of download is slow for me

Hello, dear pokamank!

How fast is it for you? I usually have 900kb's - but that limit is only caused by my own ISP - we usually do not have any complaints about the download speed.

How much do you have?

live3144

Banned
Oct 10, 2009
How much can I download?
Free users can download up to 5000 Mb within 3 days. Premium users can download 15000 Mb within 3 days utilizing maximum available speed. If you are a Premium user, but 15000 Mb over 3 days is to low of a limit for you, you can always create another Premium account and keep downloading.

one day 5G is a joke!! Maybe oron is good for uploader but not for downloader.

prozaq

Oct 14, 2009
if I have to wait 6 hours between downloads with oron.com

no thanx.......

many poeple ( including me ) prefer to skipposts with oron links because it's a waste of time

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
Dear live3144,

First of all many thanks for your feedback, I mean it.
Now if you take a look for example at rapidshare and make one calculation regarding the download limit you will see, that ORON has as a matter of fact a larger limit to offer than rapidshare calculated on the timespan of one month. ORON is at the moment only cutting it 3-day-wise and not month wise. But as a sum you have a better service than rapidshare.

Furthermore ORON is working with high speed on two things:

1) significantly raising the download limit
2) change the name of "you can buy another account" - which is actually nothing more than "buying more premium traffic" just like rapidshare offers.

Now some personal words from me: I can fully understand the critic and I as I said on other places already: you can trust me that I am working on a total lift of that limit with all my heart.
I will inform you as soon as possible after we worked on that matter.

Regards and best wishes.

How much can I download?
Free users can download up to 5000 Mb within 3 days. Premium users can download 15000 Mb within 3 days utilizing maximum available speed. If you are a Premium user, but 15000 Mb over 3 days is to low of a limit for you, you can always create another Premium account and keep downloading.

one day 5G is a joke!! Maybe oron is good for uploader but not for downloader.

Norbert8

May 25, 2007
Like most heavy downloaders, I have annual premium accounts with multiple hosters - in my case 7 hosters including Oron.

Recently there has been a new hoster on the market every couple of weeks offering ever increasing payouts to uploaders. The problem is that paying more to uploaders doesn't leave enough money for servers and bandwidth to keep downloaders happy.

To succeed, a hoster has to work for uploaders and downloaders. If downloaders are unhappy, downloads are fewer, uploaders get paid less and eventually move on.

Oron is by far the slowest premium hoster I use - 20% of the speed of the next worst. It does not work well with jDownloader which most people use. 3 or 4 times the failed downloads of the next worst hoster. Smallest download limit and even worse in practice because they deduct for the whole file even if the download fails after 1%.

Like a previous poster, I now bypass postings on Oron even though I have a premium account. Instead I search for the same file on another hoster - most times I can find it since many Oron posters are reposting someone else's stuff.

When my annual Oron account ends in May I won't renew. This is the first time I have not renewed a premium account with any hoster. After 9 months as a customer, I'm not listening to promises of future improvements.

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
Dear Norbert8,

I am really sorry that you personally made such bad experiences.
As well as you I also have premium accounts at the largest filehosters and I am
happy with the download speed. We don't get many complains about that, to be honest and we recently DID improve the download speed even for free users.
As you can imagine it is essential that the users, customers and partners are happy with ORON so we do improve and will listen to you. What we did in the past months for example was to speed up the FTP transfer, to make the technical support even faster and to enable the remote upload from all other hosters.

If you have any other suggestions or critic feel free to PM me at any time.

Regards,
your support

Norbert8

May 25, 2007
You can see Oron's reply to my posting above.

The improvements Oron says it has made are to help uploaders. Remote uploads from other hosters make it easy for Oron posters to copy and post other people's uploads.

IMHO, Oron is not downloader friendly - or at least premium downloader friendly - and it is us premium downloaders that pay for everything.

Earlier Oron said in this thread that its download limits are better than Rapidshare for premium accounts. Right now my Rapidshare cap is 1.88 GB, 120 times Oron's maximum cap.

Right now I'm downloading a file from Oron and getting from 20 to 50KB with jDownloader. Filesonic, Hotfile, Fileserve, Rapidshare, Depositfiles, Filefactory and Megaupload all gave me at least 100KB today, usually a lot more. Oron's file has failed once so far. No other hoster's file failed for me today.

I don't see any premium downloaders posting here or on other boards about how happy they are with Oron.

Maybe your experience will be different.

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
Norbert,
let me assure you that 20KB to 50KB is highly unusual.
You said you are premium member so it should be at 1,100kb at least.
You are downloading from all hosters at the same time?
Please, if you like you may PM me and I can directly get you somebody from our technical staff.

I am really sorry that you made such bad experiences.

You can see Oron's reply to my posting above.

The improvements Oron says it has made are to help uploaders. Remote uploads from other hosters make it easy for Oron posters to copy and post other people's uploads.

IMHO, Oron is not downloader friendly - or at least premium downloader friendly - and it is us premium downloaders that pay for everything.

Earlier Oron said in this thread that its download limits are better than Rapidshare for premium accounts. Right now my Rapidshare cap is 1.88 GB, 120 times Oron's maximum cap.

Right now I'm downloading a file from Oron and getting from 20 to 50KB with jDownloader. Filesonic, Hotfile, Fileserve, Rapidshare, Depositfiles, Filefactory and Megaupload all gave me at least 100KB today, usually a lot more. Oron's file has failed once so far. No other hoster's file failed for me today.

I don't see any premium downloaders posting here or on other boards about how happy they are with Oron.

Maybe your experience will be different.

Mocxi

Jun 15, 2008
More uploader's benefits --> more files they upload --> more people download --> uploaders earn more ---> uploaders upload more --> even more people download --> more premium users
that is the basic principle of the value chain for a hosting service am I right ? But you forget that most of people who download are free users. And for me, the free service oron offers is the WORST ever. Slow speed usually no more than 30 kbps, ridiculous waiting time between download ( 6h?? omg)
Yes i know it is unfair to complain since we are basically using your service for free, but definitely you will not go far with that policy.
Slow speed --> few free user download ( as someone stated above, most of us skip oron post now) ---> uploaders earn less --> few uploaders --> ???

ORON Support

Dec 30, 2010
Dear Mocxi
I 100% understand what you mean.
But if you look carefully you will see that ORON recently increased
the number of available servers significantly - but still the growth of the numberof people using ORON decreases the effects of the increased traffic capacity.
I know that you are tired hearing it - but ORON is doing everything to make EVERYBODY happy, especially the free users because it is important to have a good standing among ALL users - not only the premium partners.
It would not be wise to ignore any users.

OK?

More uploader's benefits --> more files they upload --> more people download --> uploaders earn more ---> uploaders upload more --> even more people download --> more premium users
that is the basic principle of the value chain for a hosting service am I right ? But you forget that most of people who download are free users. And for me, the free service oron offers is the WORST ever. Slow speed usually no more than 30 kbps, ridiculous waiting time between download ( 6h?? omg)
Yes i know it is unfair to complain since we are basically using your service for free, but definitely you will not go far with that policy.
Slow speed --> few free user download ( as someone stated above, most of us skip oron post now) ---> uploaders earn less --> few uploaders --> ???

RainieBabe

Heroine Cosplayer
Nov 21, 2010
Hi Oron,

Here are my experiences using Oron as a free user,

First, I have to wait 9hours between each download. Seriously, this had really turn me off to the core. (Who on earth has that amount of time to wait if a video is split into 5 parts or more? It is total ridiculous.)

Second, the download speed is only 60kb/sec at max. This had turn me off too.

Now if you can seriously remove the waiting time between downloads, and allow unlimited parallel downloads and improve the download speed to at least a 200kb/sec for each download, I will really appreciate it and will start using Oron whenever I see posts with Oron links.

As for now, I will still skip Oron posts, and stick to my 3 favourite file hosters (rank in order), Bitshare, Ugotfile, Mediafire. These 3 are fantastic. Provide fast and parallel downloads even as a free user.