Is Sharing Caring if You are So Daring?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
What is your limit on how you share or provide content for others?

I recently put my two cents into a request post and promptly got a refund. Can’t say I didn’t deserve it, but, the reason I shelled out in the first place was because, to me, it was a bit of an odd request. Mind you, this is just one man’s opinion. Casshern’s cosmic view on the world of dealing in the hot commodity of JAV.

Traditionally I see requests here on Akiba flatly asking for a title. Does anyone have this they can post? That kind of thing. To me, that’s a request. But a post asking for someone to download from one site just to upload to another is different. That’s not a request for a title, that’s a request for a service. Again, this is just Casshern’s opinion. How willing would you be to download 2+GB worth of titles from a host you have a paid premium account with so you can upload those same 2+GB worth of titles for someone else on some other host for them to download from?

I’d have to be really good friends, internetly speaking, with someone for me to use 4+GB of my limited bandwidth. Like it was politely pointed out to me, sharing isn’t what it used to be, and that is the truth. I think I must have gotten into providing titles here well after that time had passed. I’ve never used torrents, if that tells you anything.

Would you spend double the bandwidth required to for any given title that you may or may not want for yourself for someone else?

If you were after a title, would you ask the board in hopes of someone doing that for you?

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
I would not presume to ask for a title, and never to reupload to another server.
How rude it seems.
Butt, that's just me.

Lodestar

Nov 4, 2017
I share among a small group of people. I don't have the experience, time or confidence to start accounts and upload things to share for people. While I don't have monthly limits like Casshern2, I have slow upload speed so sharing does take time and money (energy), running a computer overnight.

In terms of filesharing sites I'm always a little wary of them as well and buying a membership to them. There are too many options I was and still am considering for 1 filesharing service just for a month to get a few things I want but I still haven't committed.

There's nothing wrong with asking but I think expectations should be low if you post a request for someone to download an obscure and usually old JAV from a less well known file-sharing service.

Reactions: Casshern2