Miki Sato Fans Who Want Some Type of Physical Media

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
My apologies to our seafaring friend but physical media is just not to be had on the high seas.

Hello, and welcome to another episode of JAV Men, the only show where size matters only half the time! (anybody get that reference?)

Miki fans! There is a site you may know or have come across that has a lot $5 classic titles ($8 flat shipping). PM me for the URL. These are older titles and obviously reproductions because they DO NOT ship cases or covers or even the actual manufactured pressed disc, just plain discs with their inventory stickers on them. Hey, for $5, not a problem. For a total $13 cost I ordered and received EMAS-039 just to see if they provide true disc reproductions or just downloaded files encoded and burned to disc. Turns out it was a true ISO. Because I’m happy about that I will soon post it as a gift to fellow Miki Sato fans. And if any of you grab it and like it, maybe we can crowd fund others. Sure, the VAST majority of these titles are peppered around here and there already, but as lower quality encodes, not ISO files.

Think about it - take an ISO file and burn it to disc and you can enjoy Miki as she was meant to be enjoyed.So, take a look below at what it might look like if there is some interest. This place takes PayPal so that’s how I did it and how I think we could do it. 4-5 business days shipping. I ordered it on June 25 and it delivered July 1 (they are in the USA). Here is the schedule for crowd funding.

Below that is a quick pseudo-FAQ for the curious or skeptical. If justone other person wants to participate even just once, cool deal. That’s half off an entire order.

image001.png

Q: I might be interested. What do I do?

A: Just sit back and wait for me to post the ISO. After that if you’re interested, stay tuned to this thread.

Q: How would the titles be chosen?

A: Democracy! Those interested will vote on their title and a listing of wanted from most to least will be compiled.

Q: What if I’m the only one that voted for the title I want?

A: Only a few alternatives. You are welcome to sit out that order and wait for another one. OR you can order it yourself (for $13 yuck!). OR…you can ask/beg/plead if it might be a title any other member would want as well, you can coordinate with them for a different order. OR…(this one is interesting) if it might be a title any other member would want as well that additional cost can be absorbed with you. I’ll give an example scenario later. OR…maybe the title you want might get voted in later if there are further orders.

Q: Are these direct copies of actual JAV discs from Japan?

A: So far I assume so as the one I received is true MPEG-2 interlaced video. It could be these are shrunken discs from DVD-9 dual layers, but I’m assuming they were originally DVD-5. *

Q: How soon after a vote will the order be placed?

A: As soon as everyone that voted has pitched in their portion. No orders would be placed until everyone has sent their contribution. For those that haven’t yet, they will get reminded via PM. There will be no public shaming involved. J

Q: How will the ISO files be delivered?

A: I’m thinking Google Drive (any other ideas?). Never used it myself, per say, but recently I had a title acquired for me (**) and that’s what they used as the delivery method. I let him know I had successfully grabbed it and he took it down.

Q: If I’m helping to pay for these discs, why does someone else get to keep the actual one(s) that got shipped?

A: Remember, these are generic discs (see highlighted above), not the discs that can be purchased in Japan. Once your burn the ISO to disc you’ll have the exact same thing that was shipped.

Q: Will these titles be shared?

A: The ISO once in your possession is yours to do with as you please. If you don't want others to share what you helped pay for this may not be for you . I for one will not share the ISO, but we obviously can't control what others do. Then again, at these discounts there is hardly reason to complain.

Well, if you can think of other questions like I’m sure you will, ask them here and we can all try to answer them. Any thoughts? This is a good idea? Bad idea? Good thing? Bad thing? Waste of time? Speaking of which, if you’ve reached this, thanks for yours.

* Years ago I “rented” a few JAV titles online fromsome place I was renting Korean action movies from out in California(they also stole my credit card number!!!!). When I got them, they were Region 2 pressed discs with the artwork on them and everything. All of them were DVD-5.

** I ordered HEND-113 via a 3rd party here on Akiba but in the end it was a disappointment. The ISOplayed like any normal download. Even though MediaInfo said it was interlaced MPEG-2 video it played like progressive video. No smoothness at all. But, I’m grateful for that 3rd party for getting it for me!

Last edited: