JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
You don't have to manually input any numbers into Heresphere. On autodetect it senses whatever IPD you manually set the lenses to. Setting 3 didn't feel right, and 2 was good but still a little unclear. Holding both lenses, I carefully moved the lenses in between 2 and 3 and that was perfect for me
Thanks, the idea didn't cross my mind. I will experiment with it.

Reactions: enduraVR

enduraVR

spinning in circles
Feb 12, 2024
Thanks, the idea didn't cross my mind. I will experiment with it.
I had forgotten about it myself to be honest. Did it on a whim to see if the lens mechanism was firm enough to hold, which it is on mine.

The 3D effect is taking a little time to get used to. When the actress is very close to the camera I have a hard time focusing on them. Not sure if that's just how VR is or if there's settings to combat that.

I appreciate 8K. Surprised it's taken this long to film at that resolution. Many 4K releases I have leave a lot to be desired. Highly doubt I'll end up purchasing the older 4k releases on my wish-list.

Reactions: Tana_vak

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
I had forgotten about it myself to be honest. Did it on a whim to see if the lens mechanism was firm enough to hold, which it is on mine.

The 3D effect is taking a little time to get used to. When the actress is very close to the camera I have a hard time focusing on them. Not sure if that's just how VR is or if there's settings to combat that.

I appreciate 8K. Surprised it's taken this long to film at that resolution. Many 4K releases I have leave a lot to be desired. Highly doubt I'll end up purchasing the older 4k releases on my wish-list.
Using the forward option to zoom out, "sliding bar" aswell as having Auto Focus on helps. It varies from video to video so I adjust the zoom (called forward for whatever reason) everytime.

That said, it's kind of how it is, you cant focus when someone is up in your face in real life either. Try looking at your open hand while moving it closer to your face, when its 6 cm away I can't focus on it anymore. I find it to be very realistic in that way.

enduraVR

spinning in circles
Feb 12, 2024
Using the forward option to zoom out, "sliding bar" aswell as having Auto Focus on helps. It varies from video to video so I adjust the zoom (called forward for whatever reason) everytime.

That said, it's kind of how it is, you cant focus when someone is up in your face in real life either. Try looking at your open hand while moving it closer to your face, when its 6 cm away I can't focus on it anymore. I find it to be very realistic in that way.
The zoom feature has been helpful, yeah. I find focusing on my hand more natural/easier than the actress in a video. My eyes automatically crossing in real life to focus on my hand doesn't translate 1:1 in VR, where it feels that I still cannot focus to the same degree - perhaps due to variables like the strong 3D stereoscopic effect, resolution. I do think you're right though. Maybe I'm underestimating just how close they are to the camera.

What sort of collecting/downloading style do you have? Do you lean more toward only keeping complete works, or are you open to having a folder for clips from otherwise sub-par releases?

Last edited:

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
The zoom feature has been helpful, yeah. I find focusing on my hand more natural/easier than the actress in a video. My eyes automatically crossing in real life to focus on my hand doesn't translate 1:1 in VR, where it feels that I still cannot focus to the same degree - perhaps due to variables like the strong 3D stereoscopic effect, resolution. I do think you're right though. Maybe I'm underestimating just how close they are to the camera.

What sort of collecting/downloading style do you have? Do you lean more toward only keeping complete works, or are you open to having a folder for clips from otherwise sub-par releases?
Im glad it helped. Like you say, there are many factors that will affect it to some degree aswell, but they are pretty much in your face as close as it gets. The camera rig they use now is very advanced. I saw some pictures of a rig behind the scenes a while ago and it has all the human parts they physically interact with.

I tend to be very picky now days with what I bother downloading. Honestly I only download VR's with my favorite actresses at this point, aswell as any lesbian content, but those are rare. To answer your question though, I ditched the idea of keeping clips from mediocre titles. It's a hassle to organize it all and I mostly end up not watching them in the end. I'd rather keep complete titles that I really like. Sometimes I wont keep a title with a good actress after watching it, if the camera angles are bad or it has any other major downside that goes against what I like.

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
Edit: Buying this straight, not even waiting for a sale. We have to support Prestige and encourage them to shoot more VR.

Whoo...pre-order bonus videos for buying early. Good thing I didn't wait. But its not actually really out yet though. The download links don't work, guess we have to wait till the actual release date of 25th.

It's not in the international store, only in the Japanese store, did you buy it in the Japanese store?

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
It takes a few days for your eyes to get used to 3D. You will see how in a few days you will focus better.

Anyway, this is just like in real life. If you put something too close to your eyes, you can't focus it. In VR (and in real life) it happens to me with kisses, for example. The trick is to close one eye.

Anyway, if a girl is very close for a long time, what I told you: use the zoom function and move her a little bit away.

How was the experience with the first viewings?

Many 4K releases I have leave a lot to be desired. Highly doubt I'll end up purchasing the older 4k releases on my wish-list.

Older 4K titles look "fine", in PC VR, with lots of super sampling and anti-aliasing. I've never encountered one that looks so bad that it's not worth it. That only happens to me with old 2K movies.

I have the impression that, not being able to put as much super sampling as in PC, in Quest the movies look a little worse.

At first I used to collect single scenes, but lately, especially since I've been translating with AI, only complete movies. I only keep single scenes or scenes from mediocre movies if they have actresses that I like a lot and have shot few VRs, or have retired.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
And in even further good news, natural big boob lovers rejoice! Kuno Hinano's first VR title is coming soon.

Heck, I'm not exactly a big boob guy and even I look forward to this one.

MDVR-291 - 24 April
View attachment 3471090

She looks great in the trailer, stunning mature body and beautiful face:

Untitled 1.jpg

But I hate oil. and half of the movie is oil, so I don't know if I'll buy it.

I don't understand why in JAV VR if they film a woman with big tits, automatically use oil... :mad:

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Yup, I did. Says please wait till release date...ah well...

I wanted to buy it from the international store, so they can see that we international customers are also interested in JAV VR, but they have never put preorders there. And the extra videos are only in the preorders.... So I'll buy it at the japanese store, too...

I'm going to buy it just to support the return of Prestige, but the movie has everything I don't like about JAV VR: oil, body massage to a guy who's not me, and from what I've seen in the pictures and trailer, the camera always far away.... :(

I hope at least it has some face to face scene, and that the 8K version is at 100 Mbps like the SOD VR movies in A Festa.

By the way, A Festa is promoting Prestige's return to VR to the max, as they are the only exclusive movies they have. It's going to release two preorder versions, one with one extra video and one with two, plus merchandising. And whoever buys the most gets the t-shirt and scarf that Remu wears in the movie. "Smells like Remu", says the promo.... :p

Untitled 1.jpg

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
OK, I am ready to download the 8K version, too... :lalala:

Untitled 1.jpg

Reactions: chewbaka

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Great VR day for me, the wonderful Yura Kano returns with all the camera shots I love, and 8K... :) This is how Remu Suzumori's return should have been... :(

SIVR-337 April 25

sivr00337pl.jpg

Do you fancy to get a haircut in VR? :D

sivr00337jp-2.jpg

Last edited:

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
I wanted to buy it from the international store, so they can see that we international customers are also interested in JAV VR, but they have never put preorders there. And the extra videos are only in the preorders.... So I'll buy it at the japanese store, too...
I figure they should know from the payment alone, since we're using international credit cards. Wise in my case.

Reactions: Walle12

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Great news the return of Kasui Jun... :)

But I don't understand the criticism of Moodyz. For me right now It's the best VR studio: they release several movies a month, most of them last more than 2 hours and have 4 or 5 scenes with varied and immersive positions for all tastes... Precisely, I find Kasui Jun's VRs with S1 quite weak.... I'm sure anything Moodyz does will be better than that.

If you mean Moodyz barely uses their star actresses in VR, then yes, I am with you. But every once in a while they brings out some, and the ones that aren't stars, most of them are also very pretty and attractive girls.

The sad reality is that it happens with almost all studios. For example, S1 or SOD VR also leave many of their stars out of VR...

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
At A Festa they have put the trailer of Remu Suzumori's new VR at 8K, if you want to download it. The trailer is at 99 Mbps, so if you don't have any SOD VR titles from A Festa at 100 Mbps, it's a good opportunity to try a video at 100 Mbps and see if you notice differences with the 15-20 Mbps videos from Fanza. I do notice a lot in PC VR.

To download the trailer you have to create an A Festa account, but it's only an email and a password, you don't have to give personal data.

Great image quality, although I see Remu too big, they have gone too far adjusting the IPD of the film....

Has Remu's face been retouched? She looks different from the VRs of 3 years ago....

By the way, the movie is not even out yet and it is already number 1 in sales at A Festa....

Untitled 1.jpg

Last edited:

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Great news the return of Kasui Jun... :)

But I don't understand the criticism of Moodyz. For me right now It's the best VR studio: they release several movies a month, most of them last more than 2 hours and have 4 or 5 scenes with varied and immersive positions for all tastes... Precisely, I find Kasui Jun's VRs with S1 quite weak.... I'm sure anything Moodyz does will be better than that.

If you mean Moodyz barely uses their star actresses in VR, then yes, I am with you. But every once in a while they brings out some, and the ones that aren't stars, most of them are also very pretty and attractive girls.

The sad reality is that it happens with almost all studios. For example, S1 or SOD VR also leave many of their stars out of VR...
It could be that some of the stars in Moodyz like Nanasawa Mia and Yagi Nana just didn't want to do VR anymore. But yeah, I agree that MDVR is one of the better titles out there when they can get their girls to do it. Their output is very slow.

Since Kasui Jun shot quite a few VR with S1 and doesn't seem to hate it, maybe she won't be averse to doing more in Moodyz. We can hope.

At A Festa they have put the trailer of Remu Suzumori's new VR at 8K, if you want to download it. Great image quality, although I see Remu too big, they have gone too far adjusting the IPD of the film....

Has Remu's face been retouched? She looks different from the VRs of 3 years ago....

By the way, the movie is not even out yet and it is already number 1 in sales at A Festa....

View attachment 3471983
That's her alright. Just one of the side effects of having a sharper and more detailed camera.

You ask me, sometimes a softer focus and less detail is better.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
It could be that some of the stars in Moodyz like Nanasawa Mia and Yagi Nana just didn't want to do VR anymore. But yeah, I agree that MDVR is one of the better titles out there when they can get their girls to do it. Their output is very slow.

In the case of Moodyz, I believe this is the case. It releases quite a few VR movies of stars like Sakura Miura, Aoi Ibuki, Nozomi Ishihara or Ishikawa Mio, and none of the ones you mention, so maybe it's just that they don't want to shoot VR. But I don't know to what extent they have decision-making power. It is still a movie.

But yes, it's a pity they don't release more titles, and don't use more actresses. Hopefully they will release VR movies soon with Kasui Jun, one of the 2+ hour specials. With Arina Matsumoto it didn't take long....

That's her alright. Just one of the side effects of having a sharper and more detailed camera.

You ask me, sometimes a softer focus and less detail is better.

I don't think it's because of the higher definition of the camera. I see a different face in the photos as well. Maybe it's because I haven't watched any of her movies for 3 years, and the years go by. Or the new hairstyle, I don't know. I was asking if she had a nose job or a cheekbone job, which seems to be the norm now...

I don't want them to use a softer focus or less detail, it already softens enough the player itself or the headset screens. For me the more detail the better, it's more realistic, and VR should be as realistic as possible to be believable. Otherwise it looks like you're watching video, not reality...

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
I don't think it's because of the higher definition of the camera. I see a different face in the photos as well. Maybe it's because I haven't watched any of her movies for 3 years, and the years go by. Or the new hairstyle, I don't know. I was asking if she had a nose job or a cheekbone job, which seems to be the norm now...

I don't want them to use a softer focus or less detail, it already softens enough the player itself or the headset screens. For me the more detail the better, it's more realistic, and VR should be as realistic as possible to be believable. Otherwise it looks like you're watching video, not reality...
Well, she looks like that in her 2d movies now. People do get older, faces change a bit.

I don't think its plastic surgery though. Not like she's suddenly much more attractive or her face changed radically like Tenma Yui. Its not even like Mori Hinako who actually did a very good job with her face.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
I do notice a change in her face after three years without watching any of her movies, but that's what you say, years go by and we all get older.... She also has a different hairstyle. I'm glad she didn't go under the knife.

If you like harems, this seems much better than the Dandy's one...

URVRSP-332 May 24

urvrsp00332pl.jpg

urvrsp00332jp-2.jpg

urvrsp00332jp-13.jpg

urvrsp00332jp-15.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Itsabiggapepperoni