JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
I thought Shizukutsuki Kokoro (new name??) had retired, because her last VR is from two or three years ago. But she's back to VR... :)

URVRSP-331 April 16

urvrsp00331pl.jpg

urvrsp00331jp-6.jpg

urvrsp00331jp-10.jpg

Reactions: Tana_vak

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
That's Chiharu Sakurai, maybe with a little nosejob aswell. I look forward to this one, hopefully gets posted in 8K ;)

Reactions: Walle12

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Thanks, yes, Chiharu Sakurai. In the VRs two or three years ago she was very shy and passive, but super cute.... We will see if she has improved something....

I don't understand how such a young and pretty girl needs a nosejob, I don't remember her having any problems....

And yes, watching her in 8K is a plus.... :)

Reactions: Tana_vak

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Watched MDVR-283. Mihama Yui is awesome. Great VR, recommended.

Last edited:

enduraVR

spinning in circles
Feb 12, 2024
In the end, will opt for the 128GB Quest 3 to gain an IPD adjustment wheel. Mine is 65.5mm, in between settings 2 (63) and 3 (68) on the Quest 2. Some users say it is "fine" or "good" using an IPD +/- 2mm, but some also report headaches and eye strain over a period of time. Whilst the low price is enticing, a lack of exact IPD adjustment is a dealbreaker, especially as I expect to get years out of the device. My eyesight is already not stellar to being with.

Reactions: Tana_vak and granca

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Your IPD is standard, about average, so the good new is that you shouldn't have too many "binocular vision" problems.

Being in the center, you shouldn't have problems deviating a little bit from the three Quest 2 positions, but it depends on each person. It is true that you may feel some discomfort. I however used for a couple of years a headset with a fixed IPD 3 or 4 mm away from mine (Lenovo Explorer) and I never noticed any discomfort. But it depends on each person.

That's the bad thing about the Quest 2, it only has 3 IPD positions. The Quest 3 does allow you to adjust the IPD to your exact distance.

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
In the end, will opt for the 128GB Quest 3 to gain an IPD adjustment wheel. Mine is 65.5mm, in between settings 2 (63) and 3 (68) on the Quest 2. Some users say it is "fine" or "good" using an IPD +/- 2mm, but some also report headaches and eye strain over a period of time. Whilst the low price is enticing, a lack of exact IPD adjustment is a dealbreaker, especially as I expect to get years out of the device. My eyesight is already not stellar to being with.
I've got the same IPD as you actually and I use the 3rd setting (68) on my Quest 2. If I get eyestrain it's becuase I forget to lower the brightness since it's quite high by dafault. A VR headset with brightness too high is like staring into a flashlight, same goes with a PC monitor to be honest in my case.

Anyway, like Walle12 said, most people fall in between the 3 settings. I haven't heard of this being an issue among the large amount of Quest 2 users.

Not buying it due to a lack of an exact IPD adjustment is a bit surprising considering all the positives talked about earlier, the discounted price aswell. I have tried the Quest 3 and I wasn't able to notice a difference when the distance was matched perfectly.

The fact that your eyesight isn't the best as you put it, makes you notice these issues less and not more, compared to someone who has superb vision in many cases. Also, VR can take a toll on everyone in general, just the way it is. Stare into any screen and you will tire over time, there is more then one factor that can give discomfort.

I understand your hesitation, but I also think you are digging into this a bit too much. If this is your first plunge into VR you will be amazed at what it can do. When you put on a good headset, player and whatever 8K vid you like, you will be blown away.

Last edited:
Reactions: enduraVR

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
The VR headsets use LEDs with very low range. They should not dazzle or strain the eyes just by looking. I can go for 3 or 4 hours at a time without any problems.
Eye fatigue has more to do with having your eyes in a dark and closed place where air does not circulate, than with the screen itself. But again, everyone is different.

I don't think that eye fatigue or discomfort from not having the IPD adjusted is a problem, it is a slight discomfort, and only if you use the headset for a long time.

In the case of the IPD mentioned by EnduraVR, the discomfort only occurs when there is movement, for example in games. But in a movie, where there is hardly any movement and you keep your head still, it is very rare that It appears.

enduraVR

spinning in circles
Feb 12, 2024
Hmm... f*ck it then, I'll stick with my initial choice of the Quest 2. Getting it from my local Argos, so if there's any noticeable issues or discomfort then it can easily be returned. Being risk avoidant has its pros and cons as you can see. I won't talk about the headset again until I actually have it in my hands.

:aghh:

Have there been any JAV VR releases that have piqued your interests as of late? On my side, haven't seen anything for a long while that stand out from the crowd.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
This is something completely new (as far as I know): two different studios, Idea Pocket and Kawaii, in a collaboration with two of their stars, Sakura Momo and Ito Mayuki, in the same VR movie.... :)

ipvr00265pl.jpg

ipvr00265jp-2.jpg

ipvr00265jp-7.jpg

ipvr00265jp-9.jpg

Let's hope this doesn't stop here and we will see more collaborations between studios... I can think of some amazing pairings with the exclusive Moodyz and S1 N1 Style girls... :blink:

enduraVR

spinning in circles
Feb 12, 2024
This is something completely new (as far as I know): two different studios, Idea Pocket and Kawaii, in a collaboration with two of their stars, Sakura Momo and Ito Mayuki, in the same VR movie.... :)

View attachment 3467199

View attachment 3467200

View attachment 3467202

View attachment 3467203

Let's hope this doesn't stop here and we will see more collaborations between studios... I can think of some amazing pairings with the exclusive Moodyz and S1 N1 Style girls... :blink:
Now this is more like it! Not sure who I prefer out of the two - both very powerful actresses. They were paired together, along with Karen Yuzuriha, on Ideapocket's Beaty Venus series also.
:mimisan:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Hmm... f*ck it then, I'll stick with my initial choice of the Quest 2. Getting it from my local Argos, so if there's any noticeable issues or discomfort then it can easily be returned. Being risk avoidant has its pros and cons as you can see. I won't talk about the headset again until I actually have it in my hands.

Another thing to keep in mind with the IPD issue is that the highest image quality is always in the center of the lens, and it becomes blurred as you move away from the center.

If your IPD does not match that of the headset, you will not have your pupils in the center of the lens, so you may not see it with the highest image quality.

The Quest 2's I think have a pretty good sharpness across most of the lens, so it shouldn't be a problem. But since I haven't tried them, I can't tell you. I don't think it's a problem, but it's good for you to know, as technical information.

In the end, the only wise decision is to try them, and see for yourself. All eyes are different.

Now this is more like it! Not sure who I prefer out of the two - both very powerful actresses. They were paired together, along with Karen Yuzuriha, on Ideapocket's Beaty Venus series also.

Both are great. I didn't know they had already been paired in 2D, as I mentioned, it's been years since I've watched anything in flat. But in VR, I think it's the first time two studios have collaborated with their exclusive girls.

enduraVR

spinning in circles
Feb 12, 2024
Another thing to keep in mind with the IPD issue is that the highest image quality is always in the center of the lens, and it becomes blurred as you move away from the center.

If your IPD does not match that of the headset, you will not have your pupils in the center of the lens, so you may not see it with the highest image quality.
That's where my apprehension stems from. The Quest 2 is said to have a smaller sweet spot than the Quest 3 to begin with. Coupled with an incorrect IPD (that induces a form of astigmatism - near or far-sightedness + blurriness), the imagined experience doesn't sound ideal.

I'll give it a go regardless and see what camp I fall into. Some said it was fine, others complained. Most seem to be fine? Not sure, as most Quest users don't comment online.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
The Quest 2 is said to have a smaller sweet spot than the Quest 3 to begin with. Coupled with an incorrect IPD (that induces a form of astigmatism - near or far-sightedness + blurriness), the imagined experience doesn't sound ideal.

Note that you would deviate a little more than 2 millimeters from the center. It's very little distance, I don't think it's noticeable. The sweet spot, although smaller than in Quest 3, is larger than that distance. But as I say, I don't know because I haven't tried them.

Reactions: enduraVR

enduraVR

spinning in circles
Feb 12, 2024
This upcoming Idea Pocket x Kawaii release has lifted my spirits, haha. Like you said, there are a number of golden pairings to be had. In-house, a Mei Washio and Nagi Hikaru release would blow my mind. Would love to see Nozomi Ishihara and Miru/Yura Kano collab also. So many potential pairings - but best to not get our hopes up...

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021

View attachment 3467199

View attachment 3467200

View attachment 3467202

View attachment 3467203

Oh yes, this would be awesome. :cinta:

Haven't been back to the forum for 2 weeks cos of RL stuff, how's news on the Prestige VR front? Can we look forward to more Remu in VR or did we all just get baited?

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
This upcoming Idea Pocket x Kawaii release has lifted my spirits, haha. Like you said, there are a number of golden pairings to be had. In-house, a Mei Washio and Nagi Hikaru release would blow my mind. Would love to see Nozomi Ishihara and Miru/Yura Kano collab also. So many potential pairings - but best to not get our hopes up...

I really miss a new VR from Mei Washio at 8K, it's been a long time since she filmed one... And I would love a trio with Nana Miho and Ishikawa Mio. Or any of the two with Yura Kano.... :muntah:

But I'm afraid it's not going to happen, because of what you commented that IdeaPocket and Kawai have already collaborated before on flat....

I thought Fanza might give "the order" to collaborate between different studios, but everything points to be the same IdeaPocket and Kawai collaboration they already did in flat, but now in VR. it's just the two of them.

Maybe if this movie is successful, other studios will do the same. Unfortunately it's not my kind of movie, again the damn oil (what a mania), and also I don't see face to face scenes in the trailer or the photos, the camera is too far away. I don't think I'll buy it.

Haven't been back to the forum for 2 weeks cos of RL stuff, how's news on the Prestige VR front? Can we look forward to more Remu in VR or did we all just get baited?

Welcome back!! :)
Prestige deleted all the information, and has not posted anything again. Let's see if next week they unveil everything... On a Japanese website I found what looks like the synopsis of the movie. Unfortunately, it's going to be one of those movies with oil and massages, that I don't like at all... :(

"The cover isn't out yet, but the new title (PRVRSS-001), featuring signature actress "Ryou Mori Reimu," shows Prestige's determination to make a fresh start. The story takes place in an essential oil salon, where Ryou Mori Reimu takes on the role of a female technician and pours oily lubricant all over your body, and then she attacks you with her hands and mouth. Then she attacks your sexy belt with her hands and mouth, and finally rides up to your hard dick, although there is no way to feel her tightness and humidity, but the stereoscopic effect of VR will make you feel as if you were there, and that is definitely not the general feeling of watching AV can be compared, but then again, don't be afraid of the VR".

I hope it's not the only movie in VR with Remu, and they film more....

Last edited:

Itsabiggapepperoni

Jan 21, 2022
Collabs between studios are a rare sight already in 2d, so it's really exciting to see it happen in VR. And IPVR never does threesomes, so i'm excited to see it. It's a great casting too. Minami Aizawa would be my first pick from Idea Pocket, but Momo Sakura is a close second.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Hopefully we will have more collaborations, and it won't stop here. My favorite actress of Idea Pocket is Yume Nishimiya. But I guess Kawaii doesn't have many more exclusive actresses, right? At least in VR the only one I can think of is Ito Mayuki...

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Collabs between studios are a rare sight already in 2d, so it's really exciting to see it happen in VR. And IPVR never does threesomes, so i'm excited to see it. It's a great casting too. Minami Aizawa would be my first pick from Idea Pocket, but Momo Sakura is a close second.
Unfortunately, retired.

She has done some collabs though, just not in VR unfortunately. Both were quite good considering who she worked with. She was in two 4P scenes that I'm aware of. Both had Hashimoto Arina in it. 1 was with Mikami Yua and the other was with Yamagishi Aika.

Would have been epic to see in VR and I would gladly have paid for it. Shame she retired before it could be made to happen...
:aghh: