JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

hury

Aug 5, 2015
Anyone else using xbvr (web interface) + Deovr / Heresphere (quest 2) with JAV VR? I'm wondering if some else has/had my problem:

JAV VR videos usually comes split into several parts. I will the add them to xbvr as one movie with multiple scenes/files.

Deovr / Heresphere registers it as one movie, but will only play one of the scenes/files. If I jump to next/previous, then next/previous movie will play, not the next scene.

To see the other scenes, I have to dig into Deovr / Heresphere menu and change scenes manually.

Am I doing something wrong with xbvr/Deovr/Heresphere or is it working as intended? (It's perhaps intended for the same movie in different quality versions..)

If it's working as intended, what is your solution? Do you merge the videos or add every scene as its own movie? Or are you going through DLNA / SMB instead of the xbvr web interface?

Attachments

• d1.png
    d1.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 65

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
I don't stream and I don't merge, and I don't have Quest 2, so I can't help, sorry. From many videos I remove scenes that I don't like, for example those with a lot of clothes or those where the camera is too far away.

I store the movies in separate scenes (files), and HereSphere (PC VR version) detects each scene as a movie, and plays them one after the other. I see no need to merge them because HereSphere has the option to play the next file automatically.

I don't know how you do the merging, but if HereSphere detects it as a movie, it should play the whole movie, not only a scene... I don´t know if it is a bug or not.

There are people here with Quest 2, maybe they can help you.

Reactions: glycereth

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
some news:

Soon i will start creating subs for me videos. Recently in the subtitle thread on Akiba a lot of people seem to have big success using Whisper for creating subtitles. Its an transcribing&translation AI from openAI (the company that created chatGPT) and so far the results seem to be very promising. They are supposed to be much better then subs created with autosub/pytranscriber which is using Google's Text-to-Speech engine and GoogleTranslate or DeepL for translating. For those who are interested, you will find the discussion about Whisper starting on page 214 https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...jsp-not-a-sub-request-thread.1466451/page-214
Also XBVR will soon add subtitle support, so subtitles can be properly linked to a video.

Did you get any results with the translation using Whisper, @tim-o-tea ? Is there an easy way to do it from Windows? Thanks!

Itsabiggapepperoni

Jan 21, 2022
If it's working as intended, what is your solution? Do you merge the videos or add every scene as its own movie? Or are you going through DLNA / SMB instead of the xbvr web interface?
I never managed to set up xbvr properly for my JAV library, did they make it any easier for importing JAV or is it still mostly manual?

I use Plex with DEO, importing scenes is pretty easy, but it's true that they are often split into multiple files. Sometimes i merge the videos using a video editing program like Avidemux, but usually i just leave the parts as is, since they are in the correct order anyway.

Reactions: Walle12

hury

Aug 5, 2015
I never managed to set up xbvr properly for my JAV library, did they make it any easier for importing JAV or is it still mostly manual?
They've made it much easier. They've implemented the ability to import JAV from different databases. You have to choose which database and then write the movie ID you want to import. So you no longer have to create the scenes manually :)

tim-o-tea

Sep 20, 2020
Anyone else using xbvr (web interface) + Deovr / Heresphere (quest 2) with JAV VR? I'm wondering if some else has/had my problem:

JAV VR videos usually comes split into several parts. I will the add them to xbvr as one movie with multiple scenes/files.

Deovr / Heresphere registers it as one movie, but will only play one of the scenes/files. If I jump to next/previous, then next/previous movie will play, not the next scene.

To see the other scenes, I have to dig into Deovr / Heresphere menu and change scenes manually.

Am I doing something wrong with xbvr/Deovr/Heresphere or is it working as intended? (It's perhaps intended for the same movie in different quality versions..)

Afaik DeoVR does not support multiparts, so i would stick with Heresphere (better player in almost every other aspect except UI).

i can confirm that it works just fine, i've been using it for a while and have a big number of movies in my XBVR.

After the shutdown of r18, scraping JAV scenes has been a pain, but luckily there a 4 new JAV scrapers implemented, so scraping is pretty easy. The only downside is that if you want to scrape a lot of scenes, it does take some time.

1680861117600.png

As for matching the scenes i think its import to match them in the right order (i.e. starting with part1, then part2..and so on) or in this example start with file A and then part B
1680861185278.png
it seems like you did it the other way around because your part one is at the top of the list, while in my scene detail list the first part is showing at the bottom
1680861412073.png

If you are in the player when you play a movie, you should see the encodings for you movie, and it should automatically play the next part/play next part if you click on that button for skipping to the next title/track.
1680861528570.png
if its not working you could check the settings, although for me it works without setting multipart in Heresphere
1680861570987.png
i also highly recommend to join the discord channels for Hereshere https://discord.gg/6TAyKyva3s and XBVR https://discord.gg/g7hZU6FVtc for support. The community and the developer (of HS) are very active in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walle12 and hury

tim-o-tea

Sep 20, 2020
Did you get any results with the translation using Whisper, @tim-o-tea ? Is there an easy way to do it from Windows? Thanks!
subtitles-support in XBVR/Heresphere:
for those of you who are using XBVR. Luckily subtitles now work with XBVR and with the newest Heresphere it also correctly works with multipart videos.just make sure you are using the newest versions of xbvr&heresphere. If subtitles are having the same filenames as the video files they are also automatically matched correctly.

subtitle generating with whisper:
I did some tests with whisper and while not being perfect its MUCH better than my results with pytranscriber(aka autosub).
It does generate a lot of lines for the actual dialogues than pytranscriber where often it created lines but it was just garbage.
One weakness is that dialogue that is "dirty" is not properly transcribed/translated, but it seems like this in an limitation in english only (in the sub thread, somebody did a test in another language, maybe there are some workaround for that).

Before converting anything you should always convert the videos to audio files (for GUI-Tools i recommend FFmpeg Batch AVConverter or just Audacity is just fine)

As for using whisper there are basically two ways. Run it locally or run it in the cloud (Google Colab).
If you run it in the cloud you have the advantage that you dont need good computer (GPU/CPU) as all the workload is done in the Google Cloud. Downside is that ressources are limited (some users are mentioning that they can only convert a certain number of files till they are blocked).

Here is the link the the cloud version: https://colab.research.google.com/github/ANonEntity/WhisperWithVAD/blob/main/WhisperWithVAD.ipynb
Its important to note that its better to use Whisper with VAD because with the regular whisper it will create a lot of double lines unfortunately.
While a lot of people are using that cloud version, i had no success as it always created subtitles that werent for the whole video.

I had more success running it locally (keep in mind you need at least some kind of gaming GPU) using this version
The setup takes some time, but once set up & running you do everything on the User interface to its very easy. The PDF instructions on the link are also VERY detailed so it should not be a problem even for less techsavvy people.

hury

Aug 5, 2015
if its not working you could check the settings, although for me it works without setting multipart in Heresphere
View attachment 3199504
Thanks, worked perfectly after I turned on "Multipart Encodings":keringat::D

I have previously tried matching files to a scene in the same order as your picture (on a couple of movies here and there over several months), but it didn't help at the time.

As an experiment, I created a scene for some unmatched files now just to test, and no matter what order I added/matched them in, the scene with the lowest part number would show up at top... It might have had something with me trying out "Video File Sorting" a week or two ago, or simply updates to xbvr.

For Whisper i recommend checking this thread, I have also linked to "faster whisper" there that is much faster :D I also recommend transcribing in japanese and then translate with deepl. It's generally better, but it's also so much more easier to remove hallucinations compared to the rather more random hallucinations you get when translating with whisper.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Thanks Tim-o-tea and hury. I am going to try Whisper locally because I have a good GPU (RTX 3070 Ti). I'll translate to my native language (not english) so maybe I can avoid censorship...

r00g

Jul 25, 2009
Thanks Tim-o-tea and hury. I am going to try Whisper locally because I have a good GPU (RTX 3070 Ti). I'll translate to my native language (not english) so maybe I can avoid censorship...
The censorship comes from the source training data not being "naughty". Evidently the english training data has a fair amount of risque material, but the Japanese definitely does not, so we're left with very poor "oh sorry", or "it hurts" translations of kimochii or ikku. The only true solution is to refine the training data w/ x-rated terminology so that the erotic moments can be better understood by the language models.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Himeno Ran is the cutiest girl ever...

KAVR-278

kavr-278-jpg.3196931

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
First VR of Ai Nozose, she is perfect if you like the girlfriend experience. Awesome face-to-face scenes:

3DSVR-1254

3DSVR-1254-R1.jpg

3DSVR-1254-R1_9.jpg

3DSVR-1254-R1_13.jpg

Reactions: Itsabiggapepperoni

Popodog

Apr 14, 2010
Himeno Ran is the cutiest girl ever...

KAVR-278

kavr-278-jpg.3196931
Lol.... goes to show just how different people's tastes really are. When I watched this one, I found her appearance to be really quite strange. To me, her face reminded me of some kind of rodent, a bit like a squirrel. Then, I watched it a second time a few days later, and while I still find her appearance to be strange there's a quality to the scenes that's really quite good. Something about her attitude comes across as being a little more authentic than most.

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Yes, she has funny teeth, but I like her shyness, and in the sex scenes her look is very sexy. As you say she seems more authentic than others.
But yes, it's a matter of taste, of course....

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
It looks like, at last, Fanza is starting to release 6K movies. These two are announced for the next few days, and Fanza explicitly state that they are at 6K resolution, although it's not clear whether they will be selling them at 6K or 4K:

【6K撮影】画期的超高画質(5760×2880)
圧倒的高画質!前回素晴らしい評価だった6K撮影!

kiwvr00509pl.jpg

kiwvr00508pl.jpg

Let's hope they're not all with this soap thing that I don't like at all.... And that they release soon the IP-VR 8K titles they announced almost a year ago....

Last edited:

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
It was about time lol. I wonder why it took so long to switch to higher resolution.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
It was about time lol. I wonder why it took so long to switch to higher resolution.
I think it is because in Japan still use smartphones with VR glasses, and few phones can play video at 6K and 8K.

A Festa VR released several 8K titles a few months ago, and is now releasing them in 6K... :(

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
I think it is because in Japan still use smartphones with VR glasses, and few phones can play video at 6K and 8K.

A Festa VR released several 8K titles a few months ago, and is now releasing them in 6K... :(

It's so unconvenient with a smartphone, I can't believe they still use this method for VR movies.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Yes, it is a nonsense. The Japanese are pioneers in many technologies, but for some things they are very old-fashioned, they have a hard time changing habits.