How likely are you to buy Nintendo's next console?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

How likely are you to buy Nintendo's next console?

• Definitely not going to buy it!

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Probably not going to buy it, but I might change my mind.

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • I don't know yet.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Probably going to buy it, but I might change my mind.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Definitely going to buy it!

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
Why toss out the doe to get something which would run just as good on my PC?

Which reminds me, isn't there a damn near flawless Wii/gamecube emulator out there? I can't remember the name offhand, but I remember reading the wiki for a emulator that was credited with being nearly as good as the actual system (minus the whole motion controller thing, but for a lot of the games I'd be interested in that's not an issue).

If Nintendo continues to make consoles that are easily emulated, I may just buy the games and not worry about the system. :joker:

TKA

Mad Cunt
Former Staff
Dec 22, 2006
my choice...
"Definitely not going to buy it!"

Why toss out the doe to get something which would run just as good on my PC?

As for the long answer...
[HIDE]
The games I'm interested in, or more the development of, would all run better on a PC for my purposes anyway.

Besides, game console development is a whole different beast and they tend to change or modify the development format of them a little bit more at "the will of the console manufacturer" as for example with XBox that completely dumped it's own studio suite to edit/develop for their platform.
[/HIDE]

;)

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
What I would be interested in is purchasing an add-on for the Wii that lets me play DS games on my television. There are times my wrists just get too tired of holding the DS upright, or my ulnar nerves start acting up from holding my arms upright and I get real bad numbness and tingling. Wouldn't be a problem if I could just change the way I hold the DS: and while this is easily done with a console controller like a Wiimote, it's impossible when the DS is also your screen which you're trying to keep in sight. -_-;

Wiimote = pointer capabilities = "touch" emulation 100% doable = why haven't they made this yet >_>

The SNES had the Super GameBoy. The GameCube took a while to get it out but eventually got the GameBoy Advance add-on (which I bought on Day 1). Where's my Wii-DS!?!?!?!? -_-;

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
What I would be interested in is purchasing an add-on for the Wii that lets me play DS games on my television. There are times my wrists just get too tired of holding the DS upright, or my ulnar nerves start acting up from holding my arms upright and I get real bad numbness and tingling. Wouldn't be a problem if I could just change the way I hold the DS: and while this is easily done with a console controller like a Wiimote, it's impossible when the DS is also your screen which you're trying to keep in sight. -_-;

Wiimote = pointer capabilities = "touch" emulation 100% doable = why haven't they made this yet >_>

The SNES had the Super GameBoy. The GameCube took a while to get it out but eventually got the GameBoy Advance add-on (which I bought on Day 1). Where's my Wii-DS!?!?!?!? -_-;

That's something I'd actually be excited to buy. Maybe if they aren't already developing one, they are just having trouble with the up-scaling process or something. I mean, it would work fine with the 2D sprite games (for the most part), since that's the same as what they did with the earlier things like Super Gameboy, but maybe they are just trying to work on something to make the 3D style games not look too bad when they are on a way bigger screen.

Plus, I'm sure HD t.v.s will make it look a little more awkward, since they tend to have problems with displaying anything PS2 and older. They might be trying to work on something to cater to that market for this kind of add-on too. I doubt they are actually working on anything at all in reality, but it would be nice to get something like a DS version of Super Gameboy soon.