How likely are you to buy Nintendo's next console?

How likely are you to buy Nintendo's next console?

• Definitely not going to buy it!

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Probably not going to buy it, but I might change my mind.

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • I don't know yet.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Probably going to buy it, but I might change my mind.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Definitely going to buy it!

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
Oct 6, 2007
Yeah 5-12 year old children play Mad World and Resident Evil.

Honestly, the Wii isn't only for infants and the elderly.

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
Wii consumes little watts, can run linux, play backups from usb. Next generation Wii needs dvi/displayport, lasergun (wiimote is like airmouse) added. I probably still wouldn't buy it.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I hate, and always have hated,
This thread isn't your soapbox nor is it anyone else's. See:
Rules: if you post a text reply, you must keep it beneath 30 words. No flame-baiting!
I know just how hard it can be to keep it under 30 words. Believe me! But if I can do it, you guys can, too.

Astb

Nov 7, 2007
My cousins have one. My friend KK has one. My old lady roommates have one. I like it for casual play, but it's not quite 'hardcore' enough for me. There are vastly more cutesy games on Wii than on my 360 or PS2.

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
This thread isn't your soapbox nor is it anyone else's. See:

I know just how hard it can be to keep it under 30 words. Believe me! But if I can do it, you guys can, too.
I just have to point the following out: your reply is over 30 words long.

LoveSheep69

Jan 17, 2010
360 RRoD the games that cant be beat in a normal or sane amount of time so that you have to buy content available in the game to see it instead of being able to earn it legitimately. Microsofts greed is destroying games and gaming. I prefer my ps2 if a game is to hard I can use a codebreaker. To easy I can make it harder with codebreaker. Games are short in this generation. I spend 60 bucks on a 360 game, 40 hours to beat it.
Buy a ps2 game and i beat it in 100 hours or more. Hours of fun per doller spent measures how efficiently your entertainment dollars are spent. If you are measuring fun by dollers per hour spent ouch.

Aizmov

Mar 20, 2008
I think highly likely I'll buy their next console :)
I like the Wii, and if they build upon it they'll have a guaranteed home run.

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
people say wii is the most played, sold, etc console of this generation, its the same to say water is the most consumed drink, it just plain simple, i prefer sony, games genres and styles you not found on wii.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
I just have to point the following out: your reply is over 30 words long.

I chuckled a bit.

Not likely. Consoles are a luxury I can't afford anymore, both time and money-wise. I'll stick with portable and PC games.

PillageTea

Dec 25, 2009
i remember it took me months to just order the Wii...setting up RSS feeds notifier for several retail stores :)

NamiXxX

Namilover
May 2, 2010
Definitely not going to buy it! --> Don't like the Nintendo consoles..

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
It'll take a lot for me to buy their next console. I used to love Nintendo, but ever since the N64, I have less and less interest in each generation of their consoles. I'm not even sure if I'll get that 3DS thing yet or not.

TKA

Mad Cunt
Former Staff
Dec 22, 2006
Doesn't it depend on the games that spin on the console?

TKA

Mad Cunt
Former Staff
Dec 22, 2006
I remember some local Capcom chief ranting about how little "serious" games sell on Wii. It was born as, it is treated by publishers as and it is seen by the public as a family, casual gaming machine, and even though some cool things *could* comeout on a console that doesn't need to focus on graphics, chances are that things won't change(much).

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
*cough* point-and-click genre games like half of what LucasArts released for IBM-PC compatible platforms in the 1990s *cough*

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
*cough* point-and-click genre games like half of what LucasArts released for IBM-PC compatible platforms in the 1990s *cough*

Indiana Jones? Monkey Island? Star Wars with all it´s versions?

Monkey Island and all the sequels were tough ones, I even have got a CD-ROM of the curse of Monkey Island, never finished it, time to search for that CD-ROM again...

Last ime (years ago) I stopped as I did not manage to solve the riddle of the captain´s table, if I am correct...

If I remember correctly, my daughter even borrowed a PS2 Monkey Island game from me, time to get that back too... - if only she were not hundreds of kilometers apart from me...

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
my choice...
"Definitely not going to buy it!"

Why toss out the doe to get something which would run just as good on my PC?

As for the long answer...
[HIDE]
The games I'm interested in, or more the development of, would all run better on a PC for my purposes anyway.

Besides, game console development is a whole different beast and they tend to change or modify the development format of them a little bit more at "the will of the console manufacturer" as for example with XBox that completely dumped it's own studio suite to edit/develop for their platform.
[/HIDE]