How do you choose what to watch next?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
Hey fellas,

I love this forum, I haven't posted much in recent months but I always enjoy reading the discussions about JAV and how awesome jav is. A while ago I made a thread asking about how large you large your JAV collection is. It was nice knowing I'm not the only one who is proud of my collection!

Anyway, I have a new question to ask and I am curious as to how other hardcore jav fans tackle this issue. As you know there are many movies made. There is literally hundreds of thousands of jav movies out there, and even when you filter for what your favorite genres there is most likely still too much jav to watch in a life time. When I am browsing movies and new releases I become overwhelmed with what I should watch next. I think to myself "holy crap! Dozens of these movies would be perfect for me to watch right now!" I am terrible at deciding what to watch next so I developed a overly complicated system to help me choose what to watch next.

Basically my system involves utilizing random.org. What I do is I pick out my favorite genres and choose one randomly. I then go to the DMM site and look up that category and order it by newest release date with 30 movies per page. I then put the total number of movies into that category into random.org's little random widget on their home page.

For example: Right now under Cum Swallowing there are 4,045 movies currently on DMM. So I will have random.org pick a number between 1 and 4,045. The site gives me 623. Ok so how the hell do I know what page the 623rd movie will be on? Well I created a spreadsheet that has a formula that will give me the page number as well as the what number it will appear on the page. So the 623rd movie will appear on page 21 and be the 22nd movie on the page. As of writing this that movie would be MZD-002 starring Lily Kawasara which is right up my ally! So I put this movie into a list and then if there are other potentially good options next to it I will add those to a list as well. Then I'll pick a random number between 1 and 623 rinse and repeat until I get a number between 1-30 which is the first page. Then I pick a movie randomly from my list and if I confirm that it is definitely worth watching to me right now that is the one I will go with.

So that is how I go about deciding what movie to watch without having to try and pick one all by myself. It really helps me out because there just too much jav that I like and it is too hard for me to decide. I am sure most people have a simpler way to deciding.

How do you choose what to watch next?

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
good discussion idea ;)

you're right its too much JAV for a life time, especially in broadband internet era, for me the key is focus to genres and actresses that I like, and try to look the vicaps first, if its attractive and suitable with my taste I download it, if not skip it

by doing this I only download few dozens videos per month max, sometimes less than 10 videos

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Sep 12, 2015
I usually choose a movie based on a fave's release schedule. R18.com has posted several Marina Matsumoto compilation movies. I probably will view one of her (uncensored) movies.

supersam

Loves Bukkake, Loves Long Tongues & Loves Gokkun!!
Jul 13, 2009
Just depends on the mood I'm in, and I'll try to find a JAV of the genre I want to watch on my HD. Or I'll go ahead and download something new of the genre I'm interested in.

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
Interesting question, I'm curious about how akiba members choose what to watch as well. Personally, I have bookmarked my favourite girls (a folder for active girls, and another one for retired girls). Everyday, I browse javpop new censored movies (mostly with my smartphone when I take my breakfast lol) and if I see new interesting movies, I check the trailer on my laptop later and bookmark it in my "to download" folder. I also browse at least one time a week my favourite active girls on javlibrary to be sure I didn't miss something.
I also browse retired girls movies and add the good ones to my "to download" folder as well.

So, after that, when I have to choose a movie for the night, I just need to go to my "to download" folder and take one.

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
In terms of what to download next, I just browse the torrent section on Akiba and other websites then download anything and everything remotely loli related. I download other stuff as well if they look good: gokkun, bukkake, interracial, etc. (Unfortunately my hard drive is full to the brim so until I get a new hard drive I only download the best looking stuff for now.) Then on my next fap session I will queue up all the newly finished downloads. Of course I dont actually watch them all the way through, if I did that my fap sessions would be 8-10 hours long lol. I just seek through them and watch scenes that catch my eye.

Now in terms of what to watch next, by far one of the most useful things I've implemented is a rating/tagging system. Basically if I found a movie to be good I will add a tag at the end of the file name. Currently I use a simple 3 "star" rating system (1 = ok, 2 = good, 3 = amazing) by appending the term "ratex", "ratexx", or "ratexxx" to the end of the file name along with relevant themes I like. Then I can just use windows search to find a matching theme. It's extremely easy.

For example, let say I want to watch some good (2-3 star rated) irrumatio videos with big/huge dicks only. I would simply search "ratexx irrumatio dick". "ratexx" will return both anything ratexx and above (2+ stars). "irrumatio" will return irrumatio, obviously. And "dick" will return both "big dick" and "huge dick" (yes, I tag dicks differently based on size lol). And so I get something like this:
upload_2016-9-19_16-4-24.png

Another example, let's say I want to see all loli anal gagnbang videos regardless of how good (or bad) it is. I would simply omit the "rate" tag and search "loli anal gangbang" and get something like this:
upload_2016-9-19_16-9-41.png
As you can see this makes filtering through my over 8000 JAVs very very easy and makes it very easy to watch whatever it is I'm in the mood for. The only problem is that I started implementing this only about 2-3 years ago and so I have over 8 years of videos untagged. Also I get lazy and sometimes forget to tag a video after watching it. I can only imagine how amazing this would be with a fully tagged library.

After almost a dozen years of collecting JAV I've tried all kinds of methods for organizing and tagging to make finding what to watch next easier:
using separate folders - doesn't work because one video can have separate themes and actresses
using shortcuts - doesn't work because files get renamed or moved
using an excel file - doesn't work because you still have to link to the video which again can get renamed or moved
using itunes or some other media library - doesn't work because of lack of file type/codec support

So far this "filename tagging" system is the most elegant I've found. Sorry for the long post but hopefully I've inspired some of you to start implementing this as well or at least given you an idea to try something similar.

Reactions: princeali692

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
All done manually.
When I download a movie I manually edit the file name with the format: actress name - title (dvd-code) [rate, theme].
If it's a series that I collect like MUM or First Star I follow the format of: [studio name] (dvd-code) actress name - title [rate, theme].
All my 8000+ JAV files follow this naming convention. I'm a very organized person lol.
It's much easier when done one by one immediately upon downloading versus trying to go back and rename 1000s of files.

I try my best to tag everything after watching it because it totally pays off in the end but like I said I get lazy sometimes and going back to tag over 8 years worth of stuff will probably never happen.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
:madesu: I'm just plain gobsmacked by your elaborate systems.

Me, just every 1-5 days, I'd check one of the "cover stream" sites which quite reliably post the newest releases or torrents on the front page. If I check within 3 days, it's only 1-2 pagefuls of covers (~50) to scan, which may take as little as 5 minutes. Then on average, I'd pick out 3-6 out of 50 to check out, meaning click into each vid's individual page and see it's basic info (genre, actress, studio) and still photos. Out of these 3-6 that I check, I would download on average 0-1 vid. Yeah, it's often when I scan the cover stream and got nothing.

That's the basic workflow give me releases from last few days. Then sometimes one vid's individual page may cause me to check out other vids based on same actress, genres/tags or website recommendations. This way I get a look at older vids that I may have missed.

If both these turns out duds and I really want to get something new, I may type in a few search terms and maybe this way picked up some older (not more than 9 months) vids that I skipped (in my basic workflow) the first time over. The thing is I don't download a lot, so I don't even blindly collect all vids of my fav idols. So if a particular week's new releases are really dud for me I could go a few weeks months back and pick out a previous reject.

Since I've been watching AV for so many years now, I'm pretty much done with older vids. I assume I've missed some gems, but probably not a lot, and not worth my time to dig so deep backward in time. Gradually I reach the point I can ignore the 4045 past titles of any genre offered on DMM and just cover-scan the 10+ new title every day.

But I have the luxury of already having collected some of past's best idols and vids.

pikuseru

Jul 27, 2015
I only have like 80-90 JAVs, I know all the videos I have, so it's not a hard decision...

Maybe there's no decision at all. There's not a regular schedule. When I feel like watching something, I just watch it...

My files have consistent naming convention though: code, title, actress in both Japanese and English. But I do that only because I share them online, it's not really for my sake.