How large is your JAV collection?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
Hello everyone.

I have been a lurker here for a long time now and I have always been a fan of JAV. For the past year or so I have been collecting a lot of JAV movies that tickle my fancy. Most of what I collect is bukkake, gokkun, blowjobs, deepthroat, handjobs, a few piss movies, solo movies with dirty talk (which I try to use to learn some new Japanese words once in a while), and other particular fetishes.

My collection right now is about 2.2TB in size backed up on two different hard drives. I put all the movies I have in a VLC playlist and it adds up to around 2664+ hours if you played them all back to back. That is around 111 days of non-stop JAV.

I am curious to know how large your collections are, and if you can figure it out, how many hours/days of JAV you all have?

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
I have over 4 TB but no idea how many hours. Recently the file size per movie is going up because I don't want those horrible watermarks and the versions without are usually HD.

MXS-

Jan 6, 2009
Mine is definitely close to 4 TB backed up on on a RAID5 and Drobo. I definitely have enough to last me for the rest of my life but I cannot stop downloading more!!! I am just alot more picky now and trying to actually buy some from japan whenever i can. I have many repeats and it has recently become unorganized but I am slowing down alot because I have reached my limit.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I have over 4 TB but no idea how many hours. Recently the file size per movie is going up because I don't want those horrible watermarks and the versions without are usually HD.
The problem is that HD versions of older movies (and older means not that old) are not available. Watermarks, additional added intros and outros as well as Chinese hard subs are really a problem.
Another problem is - when the collection is growing - it gets more and more hard to organize it. Especially as normal folders allow only one tree like structure. And sometimes it would be maybe nice to find a movie by several characteristics (e.g. the movie code, the actress name(s), the category / categories, etc.).

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
From adding up the numbers on my thread in Your Stash, it seems I have about 857 JAVs. I scribe 'about' because I have given away some over the year, and I may have duplicates of a few. (I know of at least three instances of duplicates. Some were unavoidable [think shrink-wrapped multi packs], and some were accidental.)

Verginello

Jan 23, 2011
It's really a mess. I have three hard disk with scattered movies, I tried to organize them, I tried by genre, then not satisfied I switched by name acretess, I tried by company, period watched .. still a huge mess...
I've just gave up...

[A little update]

Thank you to Javlibrary.com I'm actually trying to organize my collection by labels, like all movies from S1 No1 Style (SNIS) go into one folder, all movies from AROMA (ARM) go into one folder ect..
Exception from acresses I really like that have a personal folder.
It's a long way though.

Last edited:

lullaby4love

Jun 15, 2007
1,5 TB for my fave actress collection
and random JAV burned into DVD... there's about +/-120 DVD with capacity around 4 GB each

masterbet

Mar 4, 2009
1 TB for me on a portable HDD and part of my laptop. The collection size is growing fast and i think i need 2TB HDD since i want to put all of my JAVs in one place so that i can organize better.

mightyeel

Jan 17, 2011
Moderate size....sometimes delete movies once I've watched them...only keep the really good ones.

Gaspard

Apr 1, 2007
Most probably on external hard drive like me. Why bother with Cd/Dvd/Bluerays nowadays when with only one piece of tech you can have from 1 TB all the to 12+ TB.

papadoc1981

Feb 28, 2012
I would say 3Tbs right now. And about 1.5 of that I haven't even looked at yet, LOL.

1st I branched off folders for my specific fav of Idols that I love to watch(I think about 60) and in those folders I keep it separate for the films I have watched and the ones I haven't watched yet.

2nd I have certain folders for specific genres that I like to watch like fellatio, futanari, shemale, reverse molester, etc. Once again keep separate what I watched and haven't watched.

3rd I have folders of certain Idols with specific body types that I like. Tall girls, big-boob chicks, muscle ladies, BBW. Keep separate the watched and unwatched.

And everything else I have is in a few folders marked as misc. As in the films I still need to go through. Also this is where I put all of the new films I download that have no specific folder for me to put them in.

Also, I make sure to name all vids with the product ID in parentheses and the name of the film. Since certain flicks have names that can be pretty weird when translated in English I fix the title in a way to where I'll know what the film is about just from reading it. That is very important as I have a habit of downloading a new film, but then not actually watch it until a week or 2 later.

And that is my system. Not perfect but it works for me.

ra5whore

Mar 6, 2014
Just over 1.5 TB interestingly
I queued up all the videos on a playlist and it has a playback time of 1021 hours, that's about 6 weeks of continuous playback.

iroha natsume -> 200GB

edit: I thought I had the mother of all collections but there are people with 12TB+.

Reactions: Rezzonicco

MXS-

Jan 6, 2009
ive had a few hard drives fail on me even though i back things up so i use raid and drobo for my collection. i try not too download too much anymore as there is no way i can watch all of them in my lifetime and also because it will get too time consuming and expensive for me to back everything up and organize them. what I've done lately is organize by time and separate the really good jav to an external favourites drive and back it up as well. i still collect out of my love for the girls, japan and culture. its an addiction, fantasy addiction. though lately, i am a bit worried about copyright trolls and other assholes like that.

Reactions: supersam

masterbet

Mar 4, 2009
@DexDJ and @ra5whore : well since both of you have large collection of JAVs, do you use any kind of software/method to organize your vids? or you just dump the videos all over the HDD? For collection of 7TB JAVs, what do you do when you want to find a specific videos? For me, my collection is now kind of a huge mess with many video files with no specific naming system and sometimes it's very time-consuming to find out some favorite AVs.

ra5whore

Mar 6, 2014
@DexDJ and @ra5whore : well since both of you have large collection of JAVs, do you use any kind of software/method to organize your vids? or you just dump the videos all over the HDD? For collection of 7TB JAVs, what do you do when you want to find a specific videos? For me, my collection is now kind of a huge mess with many video files with no specific naming system and sometimes it's very time-consuming to find out some favorite AVs.

I tend to go for the HD content. The lower resolutions and watermarked ones ruin the video no matter how good the action is. I've got everything organised as I would with my music, artist/album/song -> performer/videocode/(video+screenshot+cover). I always save a cover as it contains the video id e.g. xv-1144. You can use something like javlibrary to help you identify the video details when it comes to sorting and it also shows nice a preview icon on the folder if you're using windows 7/8.

It kind of boggles my mind how quickly and how much content is pushed out by some of these studios/performers that you simply can't keep up with. For example Kamihata Ichika seems to appear in a new video every week.

My isp reported that I used 600GB last month. I lied my ass off that it was due to downloading lots of steam games. I've also purchased a 2TB harddrive just for the JAV. I also have 500GB of western material on another harddrive though I have no interest in the western stuff anymore. I've probably only watched about 30% of the videos I have.

I've toned down the JAV drastically since the turn of the year only getting the odd movie. Like MXS- I've wasted too much time with this addiction.

Reactions: MXS-