How likely are you to buy Nintendo's next console?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

How likely are you to buy Nintendo's next console?

• Definitely not going to buy it!

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Probably not going to buy it, but I might change my mind.

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • I don't know yet.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Probably going to buy it, but I might change my mind.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Definitely going to buy it!

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Rules: if you post a text reply, you must keep it beneath 30 words. No flame-baiting!

Clarification: I am referring to the console which will replace the Nintendo Wii. I am not referring to the Nintendo Wii itself. I am also not referring to the Nintendo DS or to any other Nintendo handhelds from the past, present, or future.

My 30-words-or-less reply: I am not very likely to buy it. I think Nintendo is in for a world of hurt next gen. :\ There are too, too many jaded Wii owners.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
former fan of Super Mario I kept my two very old Nintendo consoles and I still like to play Legend of Zelda with them, but I´m addicted to Sony´s Play Station now...

seiya1

Level80Cleaver
Feb 28, 2007
Nintendo went to a different target audience and now outsells PS3 and XBOX360. When new Smash Bros is announced for their new system, other "jaded" fans and myself will get it.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Hmm...

SONY had me converted with the PS2. I have a Wii and enjoy playing it with my wife, but there just isn't the substance I'm looking for.
desioner

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
[QUOTEI am not very likely to buy it. I think Nintendo is in for a world of hurt next gen. :\ There are too, too many jaded Wii owners.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna have to second that.

dahuzi151099

Apr 23, 2009
Nintendo is just something that I'm eager for. For me,it is still luxurious. but I'll get one some day. I swear.

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
Nintendo SAWX!

Kenpachi God

Cpt. Of the 11th Squad
Apr 23, 2009
I've lost too much faith in nintendo I just like my 360 better than any other console

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
I've lost too much faith in nintendo I just like my 360 better than any other console

Yes and with Street Fighter 4 life is almost complete :XD:

rule34

Pervert
May 4, 2009
Not buying it, i play only on PC.
If Nintendo builds a new Console with the nice WiiMote thingy and more CPU/GPU/RAM Power, it should sell great.

Matsu'o Tsurayaba

May 22, 2007
I don't know,I would say yes..it's not a disaster like the X-Box 360 or PlayStation3. But I'm not sure,Nintendo seems to have fallen into the bait and switch tactics that Sony first did with console launches.

oceanbad

Nov 15, 2008
Well, Wii oustales other super consoles because of a unique reason ... it is obvious

I will the upcoming Nintendo product if it promises another unique reason

c0nfu53d

Jul 18, 2009
Kinda hard to say when there's no info on it. And it depends on how much spare cash i have at the time. Gonna concentrate on getting a wii first!

ShanksYYZ

May 6, 2009
If there is a new console, I won't buy it unless Nintendo starts releasing products I'm interested in.

MegamanxZro

Aug 9, 2009
Most likely not going to buy their next console. The wii really has become a joke for gamers. It's quite funny that during the NES generation they strived hard to put out nothing but quality titles, learning from gamings past with the all shovel-ware that doomed their predecessor's. now look at them, their console is almost synonymous with shovel-ware.

Oct 6, 2007
I most likely will not buy it unless it's something that can re-ignite my interest in gaming. I only bought a Wii because I had $500.00 in Future Shop gift cards and I wanted to experience camping out for a system on it's release date. All I care about is my DS.

MikeGwailo

Old Member ;o)
Dec 16, 2009
;D

Started with a Playstation "1", moved to PS2, so guess
which *I* moved onto next :) ...and am happy with/will stay with ...