How do you other JAV hoarders sort and store your videos?

Dabone

Aug 10, 2019
Questions: Is there a simple(er) method to find all films for a particular actress? Or alternatively is there a way to find the cast by JAV ID but do so in bulk and load the data into notepad/Excel?

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Guys there's a semi-official database for just this question. http://sougouwiki.com/
It's pure Japanese so a little hard to use for your civilians. But you don't have to know any Japanese to use it. Enter a video code in the search box and hit the button to the right, you get a few links back in the search results. Typical there are some (or just 1) actress pages and 1 or more video pages. Ignore the actress pages, find the video page and nav to it. A page may have up to 200 or even more vids on one page (yeah it's very old fashion web design), e.g. HUNTA-201~400. Do a "find in page" with your vid code and you will see the cover and some info, most useful being (almost) all actress names in the vid, including all the names missing from DMM.

Now it's not 100% foolproof. Some rather minor or new video series may not be covered, and some (SOD mostly) video series, it seems, hire real amateurs who really don't have a JAV name. But I bet it will satisfy 95+% of you "who's in that vid" questions.

Of course you can search by actress name and get all her vids (more comprehensive than almost any other website). But sometimes you get (newbie?) idol who doesn't have her own page on Sougouwiki yet. You can still find her from video id.

I actually wrote a semi-auto program to bulk-parse Sougouwiki table (with the 200 vids) and bulk-insert the actress name to my JAV database.

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
I've been using JAVmovieScraper to scrape video metadata and then using emby to keep videos sorted by categories and favorites. I've also used "collections" to sort my favorite actresses. Looking into a different scraper but these 2 have been working for me really nicely.
View attachment 2050352

Hi, can you explain what do you mean by sorted by categories in Emby? I would also very interested to know how you create collections by actresses, do you do that manually or there is a plugin/script that can automate this collections creation process?

Thanks so much for sharing.

elfineer

Sep 29, 2008
Damn you are going deep. I am only keeping actresses I enjoy watching. I am rocking 20TB collection currently no including VR titles.

elfineer

Sep 29, 2008
Wow. Is that protected data ? Or like ten 10TB drives strung together? My 20TB is protected. I don't my collection going up in a flame of smoke lol.

r00g

Jul 25, 2009
I am approaching 100 TB
Haha - username checks out. I have ~30TB here on a Snapraid + MergerFS box running ubuntu. I made a choice 4 years ago to pare things down, otherwise I was headed into your territory. It's just too easy to download and hoard nowadays.

Reactions: JAVprisoner

hairy_bush

SLF Refugee
May 20, 2016
I'm old school and like to manually input and manually control things so I use PVD (it's been mentioned here before)

some useful things:
sort by studio
sort by actress
sort by genre
control what fields you want to show
direct play
web search function for sougouwiki to find covers

Last edited:

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
I'm old school and like to manually input and manually control things so I use PVD (it's been mentioned here before)

some useful things:
sort by studio
sort by actress
sort by genre
control what fields you want to show
direct play
web search function for sougouwiki to find covers

For those of us who have over 20k movies in the library, the manual method simply isn't feasible anymore. According to the Emby developers on their official forum, the upcoming release of Emby would add support for filtering by "tags", which, would provide the function to sort the movies by studio, actress, genre, and other tags defined in the NFO file, really looking forward to the next new release of Emby.

granca

Mar 4, 2017

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-4_10-20-8.png
    upload_2021-2-4_10-20-8.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 94

granca

Mar 4, 2017
For those of us who have over 20k movies in the library, the manual method simply isn't feasible anymore. According to the Emby developers on their official forum, the upcoming release of Emby would add support for filtering by "tags", which, would provide the function to sort the movies by studio, actress, genre, and other tags defined in the NFO file, really looking forward to the next new release of Emby.
Using Javinizer you can do that automagically.

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
Using Javinizer you can do that automagically.
I have been using the Javinizer and Emby for my JAV library management as you do, and I fully agree that it is by far the best combo for the task, but Javinizer does not always find all the metadata for all JAV titles, therefore I also use JAVMovieScraper and others to scrape the metadata for those that missed by the Javinizer.

Reactions: granca and r00g

hairy_bush

SLF Refugee
May 20, 2016
YIKES 20k vids and 100TB, I commend you all. It's like you guys are building a Noah's Ark for JAV, I do hope that you will consider sharing in the future.

granca

Mar 4, 2017
I have been using the Javinizer and Emby for my JAV library management as you do, and I fully agree that it is by far the best combo for the task, but Javinizer does not always find all the metadata for all JAV titles, therefore I also use JAVMovieScraper and others to scrape the metadata for those that missed by the Javinizer.
I don't think there is anything better out there (at least for english speaker), saw github of what seemed to be an interesting EMBY plugin but it was not in english and it did not appear to be crawling result in English. If I'll find it again I will share the reference here.

IdeNali

Jul 27, 2016
I store my JAV on my NAS and I'm running a local Emby server on it.

I wrote my own tool for scraping various websites to fill my Emby server with metadata. I didn't know about "Javinizer" but my tool does almost the same. It scrapes duga.jp, r18.com, dmm.co.jp, javlibrary and some other fetish sites that are missing from "Javinizer". I will probably stick to my tool because it sets the metadata exactly as I want it and it is fun to tinker with it.

Reactions: Casshern2