Akiba in JAV

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
I've been a member here on Akiba-Online for what has been over four years, which I find a little depressing... and I never stopped to think what "Akiba" means. Do you know?

Urban Dictionary:

Akiba-kei literally means "Akihabara style," referring to a district in Tokyo filled with stores selling electronics, manga, anime merchandise, and other products designed to appeal to the otaku subculture.

Akiba-kei particularly refers to men in their 20's and 30's who live in or around Tokyo and spend their leisure time in Akihabara. Their interests are particularly focused upon idols, erotic PC games, model figurines and manga. However, occasionally this also refers to young people (often including women) who look like a geek (otaku), even if he or she is not actually one or has never been to either Akihabara or any other 'geek-chic' place. More or less, now Akiba-kei is used as a synonym of 'creepy people'.

So is this what I get? Am I supposed to be a creepy person, now? (This is an outrage.)

What prompted this thread is that I ran into this title:

I Had My Girlfriend Dress Up in An Akiba Costume and Had Her Do Indecent Things [UPSM-130]

That made me wonder what an Akiba costume is. (I mean, if I did not know what "Akiba" meant, how was I supposed to know what an Akiba costume looks like? Thou shalt not judge me.)

UPSM-130.jpg
Haru Sakuraba

All right, then. An Akiba costume is sort of like a Catholic schoolgirl's outfit. I'm glad that's settled.

I got curious to see in what other ways "Akiba" is represented in JAV, based on the presence of the word in the human-translated titles. Here was another example:

NHDT-537.jpg
Akiba-Style Popular Idol Emi Midorikawa - First and Last Shaved Pussy! Enema! Debut! [NHDT-537]

Well, I've run into that sort of "cute-kitty" outfit in JAVs before. But now the plot was thickening; certainly this costume was of a different slant than the Catholic schoolgirl.

In Maid Teahouse Triumph! Fuck in Akiba [SOE-614], we've got the kitty:

SOE-614.jpg

But then we've got a maid, too.

SOE-614-2.jpg

Well, I don't know it that's supposed to be a maid... it could be a lolita sort of dress... but she does have that maid thingie on her head, and the word "maid" is also in the title...

So if that's a maid, we also have, in the same movie, a sort of a combo maid and Catholic schoolgirl:

SOE-614-3.jpg

The same actress, Mau Morikawa (hey, she's pretty) also appeared in a title called, "Newcomer No.1 Style - Akiba Moe-Kyun Grand Prix Runner-Up, Actual Maid Idol" [SOE-585]

SOE-585.jpg

So that's supposed to be another maid ('cause it says "maid" in the title), but I could have mistaken that get-up for that of a folksy German girl. (Well, what do I know about maids? I've never hired a maid. I'm poor.)

Maria Eriyori wears several costumes in National Idol Akiba Transition to Be Fashionable Among Peers [XV-916] (one being that red checkered Catholic schoolgirl thing), but here's the prominent one:

XV-916.jpg

So the pieces are sort of coming together. An Akiba girl wears either 1) Kitty ears 2) a maid headdress, or 3) A cute little bow. (That's just for the head. Too early to make rules for the rest of the outfit.)

folksy girl german outfit.jpg
I luff der Oktoberfest, ja wohl!

We've got a little more of that German fraulein thing going on here:

WNZ-402.jpg
Max Cuteness Akiba Costume Play [WNZ-402], with the prolific Haruki Sato

Title begins with "Max Cuteness." Does that sum up what an Akiba girl is supposed to be? Max cute?

Well, how different is that from any other girl? Aren't all girls supposed to be cute? (Was that sexist?)

Maybe girls in general are cute, and Akiba girls are supposed to be max cute. That may sound silly, but I think I'm on to something.

So that's the girls. What about the boys?

From...

Akiba Tumult! Akiba Group Vs. Shibuya Gals - Despised Shibuya Gals Will Be Rounded Up and Done!! [GAR-004]

GAR-004.jpg

So the guys are in regular clothing. I'm sure the idea is that they are from that Akiba neighborhood we read about above, so they don't need to wear costumes.

On the other hand, they look kinda...

...Creepy?

Looking at the screen shots, I guess what happens is that they not only capture those Despised Shibuya Gals to r*** them (oh, come on. How can you detest any woman you're going to make tender love to?) but they also dress the gals up in those max cute Akiba costumes.

GAR-004-2.jpg

We may only conclude that Akiba men, at least according to JAV, are not only creepy... they are insane.

Welcome to our world, gentlemen.

Fisheraaa

Aug 9, 2014
The first uniform you posted is based on one of the uniforms that pop group akiba48/128 uses:

T2UkvDXjhbXXXXXXXX_!!1137848063.jpg

So to clear things out this uniform refers to the pop group akiba, not the district akihabara. But, they are actualy based in that district so ... lol.

As for the other uniforms ... these are all kinds of cosplay costumes, that have nothing to do with akihabara strictly. But just because the name is often associated with cosplay, nerds, otakus, all kinds of creepy services etc ... they use the name as a popular tag.

Fisheraaa

Aug 9, 2014
Forgot to say that the maid costume is actualy more strictly associated with the akihabara distict. They have a ton of maid cafes there. Cafes where the waitresses are dressed like maids and entertain you in various ways ... based on what the menu offers hehehe (with creepy voice).

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
You are impressively informed, Fisheraaa... you keep this up, we may need to call you Fisherking.

Wondering: Are you Japanese?

Fisheraaa

Aug 9, 2014
I'm not japanese, but when i was in college studying marketing, all my work was based around japanese stuff. Kinky japanese stuff ... a lot of which is based in akihabara. So i've done a lot of research.

And for the record ... in the past i used to run a little project called "Fishipedia, the world's fishiest encyclopedia", and despite the name all information was on point acurate ^^

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Too bad your project appears to be kaput, because your "competition" can be notoriously unreliable. On principle (because everyone has come to believe that site to be so authoritative), I try never to click on a Wikipedia link, which is difficult, since Wikipedia is usually on top of search listings. I scroll a little below and pick an alternative site.

We now return our program to "Akiba in JAV" related commentary.