Akiba-Online's Worldwide Popularity

lordsuperjesus

The Great Gokkun Sage.
Jan 29, 2015
when you think about it, all the people that have posted in this topic are names that i have seen before. in the year or so that i have been actively posting here on AO, there are maybe 20 to 30 names that you see on every thread. like the 3 or 4 threads that i post in, all of which have tens of thousands of views are that same small group of 10 or so people that are brave enough to post that they too have a thing for seeing cum in girls mouths. which is what i post the most about. we posters here in the Discussion thread are the hardcore. i'm sure that people read what i and the others here have to say in the sperm and gokkun threads but would never enter the convo. i would love to see more people and more woman here, but the talk here is a bit rough and the male mindset rules. it may not look like a friendly place for them from the outside.

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
I think 99% of users here are only here to grab movies. Just look at the torrents section. It's all in Japanese and therefore catered towards the Japanese audience. It was mentioned in the discussion about the closure of scanlover how the torrents section was better there because it was all in English so i think English speaking users looking for torrents would go over there.

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
.Thanks to Member Ghostbird who made me aware of: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/akiba-online.com
I felt some of the results were fascinating.
[huge snip to save bandwidth]
Jugulear, I think there may be something you are not comprehending.
When I want to surf the WorldWideWeb anonymously, I now have three choices:
  1. A browser-based {Firefox} anonymous proxy.
  2. A CGI web-based proxy.
  3. Tor (& Tor Browser).
When I use Tor, I go into about:config and toggle the key Javascript browser variables to "off". Why TorBrowser comes with those turned on is puzzling to me. But then, so was Firefox's elimination of the Javascript checkbox in Tools>Options>Content.
People landing here on A-O seemingly from Japan may be configuring a proxy in their browser that is hosted in Japan; or are using a CGI webproxy on a Japanese server. Depending on the options in the CGI webproxy, they may hide their UserAgent variable.
So the people landing here with what Alexa believes are a Japanese Internet Protocol Address may well be deluding snoopers as to their genuine location.
When I want to respond or post here on A-O, I prefer to use regular Firefox with Javascript allowed, but with an anonymous browser-based proxy configured. [An A-O moderator could check the I.P. Address of this response. It would not show that I was in Japan, but it would also denote that I was not in the U.S.A. either.] ;)