How do you other JAV hoarders sort and store your videos?

Oct 22, 2016
Something I've learnt about relying too much on just a single source for metadata, for example most new releases on Javlibrary does not yet have the accurate actress info unless it's a single actress release, I've had the habit of going thru the scrape to see if the scrape does not show the name of the actress I would navigate thru a few reliable sites to get that name put into the scrape.

Sadly I could not get into the editors of sougou wiki after applying as editing on Javlibrary takes way too much effort for a single edit as their editing system is cumbersome

cactustop

Feb 19, 2021
I am genuinely in aww of everyone spending the time to organize their collections, I've been downloading for a few years and only have about 500gb worth of mostly poor quality videos and I just have it just tossed into a folder on an external harddrive

I too don't really know why I download, most of the movies are good the first time around and once I know how the story goes it kinda loses the special-ness

Reactions: Casshern2

ypal

Feb 22, 2021
I am genuinely in aww of everyone spending the time to organize their collections, I've been downloading for a few years and only have about 500gb worth of mostly poor quality videos and I just have it just tossed into a folder on an external harddrive

I too don't really know why I download, most of the movies are good the first time around and once I know how the story goes it kinda loses the special-ness
Yes exactly. I watch most of the movies one time only and maybe a second time if it's worth it. If I come across one that I would like to watch later I save the link on google and go to it later. But those who collect them...... Good for them. Why not?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I store my JAV on my NAS and I'm running a local Emby server on it.

I wrote my own tool for scraping various websites to fill my Emby server with metadata. I didn't know about "Javinizer" but my tool does almost the same. It scrapes duga.jp, r18.com, dmm.co.jp, javlibrary and some other fetish sites that are missing from "Javinizer". I will probably stick to my tool because it sets the metadata exactly as I want it and it is fun to tinker with it.
What do use for your tool? PHP? Python? Java or something else? Just curious. :D

IdeNali

Jul 27, 2016
What do use for your tool? PHP? Python? Java or something else? Just curious. :D

I wrote my tool with C# (.NET Core 3.1) and it uses "puppeteer" to automate scraping websites with Chromium.
It not only scrapes the websites it also archives every site that it found on archive.org for "preservation". Have quite a lot of titles in my library that don't have their official store page anymore and information about it is only available via the wayback machine. So I want to do my part and also preseve the store pages if they are still available.

I really love my tool but sometimes it can get frustrating keeping up with changes to the websites that I scrape. I don't know how often I had to change some logic on how dmm.co.jp is scraped because they added a new popup or something else...

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020
Huh. And I thought I was being slick for downloading videos from their src links and bothering to make an excel file to keep track of everything. There can't be more than a few hundred videos here.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I wrote my tool with C# (.NET Core 3.1) and it uses "puppeteer" to automate scraping websites with Chromium.
It not only scrapes the websites it also archives every site that it found on archive.org for "preservation". Have quite a lot of titles in my library that don't have their official store page anymore and information about it is only available via the wayback machine. So I want to do my part and also preseve the store pages if they are still available.

I really love my tool but sometimes it can get frustrating keeping up with changes to the websites that I scrape. I don't know how often I had to change some logic on how dmm.co.jp is scraped because they added a new popup or something else...
That sounds nice! I've never dabbled in C# (or any .NET unfortunately. Had the opportunity waaaay back, but, that's a long story). Like you I've used the wayback machine to find things in the past in the JAV world but never thought of using it to look up let alone to scrape from there, though, good call! On dmm they had popups on the title (store) pages? With the PHP I learned how to use to scrape from R18 I just went straight to the title page by using the direct URL of the title I had based on the digital code, I don't think I've encountered popups. But maybe you were using the home page and then searching? Of course, I had to make a database table of DVD Code to Digital Code but it is worth it and pretty easy to keep up since I tend to mostly have from a usual suspects list (or rogue's gallery!) of publishers.

And I may be preaching to the choir here, so, forgive me, but, say for DVAJ-508. The digital code for DVAJ tiles would be dvaj. Thankfully the vast majority of digital codes match the DVD code, but a good number do not. So, for this title, below are the direct URLs to their pages, I would only use the R18 link myself for everything in english:

(just in case: 5 digit numbers in digital codes)

https://www.r18.com/videos/vod/movies/detail/-/id=dvaj00508/

https://www.dmm.co.jp/digital/videoa/-/detail/=/cid=dvaj00508/

So the PHP code would provide everything except the actual digital code that gets passed in. Some examples of digital codes that have prefixes would be like K-Tribe titles. KTRA-286 would be h_094ktra00286. Takara titles - MOND-213 would be 18mond00213. Center Village titles - JRZE-040 would be h_086jrze00040. I just had to find and add them to my database over time.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Huh. And I thought I was being slick for downloading videos from their src links and bothering to make an excel file to keep track of everything. There can't be more than a few hundred videos here.
If you're keeping track at all, you're a few steps ahead of everyone who doesn't. If you have a system that works for you, that's all you need. :D

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020
A while ago Avgo had this Chinese Subtitled version of an HBAD video (think 8 or 9 years) Is there any way to bring these videos back? I was under the impression they were deleted, not just hidden from the public.

I also know for a fact there are Chinese Subtitled videos of old FSET videos also from 2012 that can't be accessed.

IdeNali

Jul 27, 2016
And I may be preaching to the choir here, so, forgive me, but, say for DVAJ-508. The digital code for DVAJ tiles would be dvaj. Thankfully the vast majority of digital codes match the DVD code, but a good number do not. So, for this title, below are the direct URLs to their pages, I would only use the R18 link myself for everything in english:

(just in case: 5 digit numbers in digital codes)

https://www.r18.com/videos/vod/movies/detail/-/id=dvaj00508/

https://www.dmm.co.jp/digital/videoa/-/detail/=/cid=dvaj00508/

My tool would take the folder name DVAJ-508 and go to the search page of r18.com and search for DVAJ-508. I do that because sometimes there are duplicate DVD codes and my tool would recognize this and ask me which of of the search results is the correct one. (if there is only one it assumes it is the correct one) After that it scrapes the details page on R18 that also contains the dmm.co.jp dvd code of the video. With this it can directly jump to "https://www.dmm.co.jp/digital/videoa/-/detail/=/cid=dvaj00508/".

It does the same for duga.jp and javlibrary. It directly opens the search page of those websites and inputs the DVD code and searches for the title. At the end it takes all results from all websites and combines them into one.

I don't think I've encountered popups.

If I visit "https://www.dmm.co.jp/digital/videoa/-/detail/=/cid=dvaj00508/" I get a language selection popup and an "age check". They changed how this works a lot in the last two years. Maybe I haven't found a good way to circumvent this without needing to always change my code.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Oh, I see. Well, it could be I did something to Firefox a long time ago that was suggested here to not get the language or age popups. Or, I've used a VPN enough times to reach it from a Japanese IP that it somehow just assumes my browser is coming from where it needs to? I have no idea, but I haven't seen those popups in forever. Unless you're specifically talking about the archive.org site in which case yes I do see that on some but not all titles I find there.

As for the searches, that is exactly why I went the route of making the database table to use, because searching for some codes had matches for the wrong titles.

I'm making these up to demonstrate but if I had a title with a code of UYT-010 and there was an older title with the same code from a different and long gone publisher or a similar code like AUYT-010 when I would search for UYT-010 I would usually scrape data for the wrong title. BUT...if the digital code for the UYT-010 that I wanted was always going to be h_323uyt00010 I would search for that based on the prefix. Any UYT title I wanted to scrape would use the h_323uyt prefix plus the 5 digits with the appropriate leading zeros to end up on the exact title.

There are all kinds of ways and like replied to our friend Playguuu, if you have something that works for you, that's all you can ask for. If you've looked around the database threads here there are plenty of folks that have shared their methods and what no, probably others that haven't. I think it's great that there's things like that out there.

hotpotato90

Dec 31, 2020
I got my own personal local bukkake library of all my purchased movies that i have bought from r18/urabukkake/spermmania/knightsvisual/waap/moodyz/sod in the past... i just found out that i spent a lot of money for all my movies, but i hope so i can support the companies to produce more juicy bukkake movies!

My library is based on html,css,javascript.
Each company(moodyz,waap,etc.) got its own html page.
For each movie i list up the cover-image, some images of the shooting and data from the actress(birthdate of actress,name of actress,actress height, release date of movie) . The cover image is linked to my movie files. I am able to search for any movie and it gives me the movie i was searching for as a result, with all the data(cover image, images of the shooting and data from the actress). Im really happy with that solution but it took me some time to insert all the data. :)

Last edited:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I got my own personal local bukkake library of all my purchased movies that i have bought from r18/urabukkake/spermmania/knightsvisual/waap/moodyz/sod in the past... i just found out that i spent a lot of money for all my movies, but i hope so i can support the companies to produce more juicy bukkake movies!

For each movie i list up the cover-image, some images of the shooting and data from the actress(birthdate of actress,name of actress,actress height, release date of movie) . The cover image is linked to my movie files. I am able to search for any movie and it gives me the movie i was searching for as a result, with all the data(cover image, images of the shooting and data from the actress). Im really happy with that solution but it took me some time to insert all the data. :)
Do you have any screenshots you can share with us, friend?

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020

Dude that's awesome. Do you have any pics?