Hotfile Vs Rapidshare and other hosts

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

xpsp3

Dec 4, 2008
Hi I took the plunge and got a hotfile premium acc but I have never been able to find a downloading program that supports resume ( they work on other sites no problem)
what downloader programs are you using for resume on hotfile?
Thanks

nefarian

Jun 20, 2010
I use DownThemAll! with hotfile and it resumes just fine. It isn't a standalone program it's a Firefox plugin.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I choose Rapidshare over hotfile, because I earned enough point to have free premium for 4 years and a half before they stopped rewarding people.

With a free account, Megaupload wins with its fast speed and no wait time.

Hotfile might be good as a premium, but for free users, it's terrible(with my connection at least). I get speed from 30KB/s to 180KB/s and sometimes jdownloader ask for captcha which can be annoying if you have a lot of files to dl. Also, I don't have a dynamic ip so I have to wait a while between each file, rapidshare as a much more reasonable wait time.

amateur

Dec 9, 2008
I am in the process of moving all of my uploaded content from Rapidshare to Hotfile. I don't want to make money from uploading, but I also want to earn enough to pay my premium account fee. I decided to leave RS when they ended their rewards program. Also, most of the content on this board is on HF. One drawback to HF, though, is that an uploader is penalized for storing files that don't get many downloads. That's a problem for me because a lot of my uploads are more for collectors than for a wide audience.

Glassjaw

Miu > all
Apr 30, 2007
I recently purchased a hotfile subscription and it is seriously the slowest download speeds I've ever seen! I don't know what's going on or how I can fix it.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I found my hotfile is fine, admittedly Rapidshare was faster, but I can still download a gig under 15 minutes

Glassjaw

Miu > all
Apr 30, 2007
They didn't even respond to my email and my daytime rate is still as low as 9kbps on trying 2 different ISP's and two different computers.... WTF is going on with hotfile?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
They didn't even respond to my email and my daytime rate is still as low as 9kbps on trying 2 different ISP's and two different computers.... WTF is going on with hotfile?

a couple of weeks ago, I found HF was running slow, but was just for 1 day, it have only been for a few hours in that day, I have found it fine since, having said that I do not down load every day, and I do about 2-3 downloads in one go

alexgem

Oct 17, 2007

I bought a premium account just a couple of days ago, and at first I had a fairly low speed of no more than 50 kbps, then I started using a download manager... and the speed skyrocketed to 500/600 kbps, which is very close to the maximum capacity of my bandwidth! The program I use is IDM (Internet Download Manager, that's what you call a simple acronym!), I'd suggest you to try with this or any similar software.
If you haven't already tried this solution it should help at least a bit, come on 9 kbps... it reminds me of dial-up days :notagain:

ragman

Jan 22, 2008
hotfile very slow recently for me. duno why. used to be better. now almost not moving at times.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
yes hotfile was running very slow for me in the last 24 hours sometimes as low as 10kbs

Deltronz

Apr 2, 2007
Megaupload > Depositfile/Hotfile >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest.

:hero:

Rapidshare use to the use to be the best.

gargoyle8

Nov 13, 2009
I tried sharing matrix and it was a complete waste of money. I have seen a lot of people posting on hot file so i just got a 30 day membership. the speed and ease of use is good but no better then mega upload. I like the mega tool manager with mega upload. it makes it so easy to keep up with all the downloads and stop or start incomplete file downloads. I have had a rapidshare account for years and i hate them mother fu@#*s. but yet i still have an account with them because everybody uses it. Mega upload is the best.

ShanksYYZ

May 6, 2009
I like rapidshare because they're upfront about what information they keep whenever you download anything, and for how long they keep it. What's funny is some websites are like "idunno wut info we track when u dl lol" :puzzled:

amateur

Dec 9, 2008
I used Rapidshare for year but shifted to Hotfile because I had to. Most of the content on this site is HF.

I do have a question about Hotfile. Does anyone know what formula they use to determine rank? I've moved between Copper, Bronze, Silver, Gold and now back to Copper and I have no idea why. I still get lots of downloads and I haven't uploaded much new content.

Jul 1, 2009
I find it funny so many of the cash posters are still using Hotfile. Even FileFactory pays more than HF nowadays... :study: Posting for money is the way the Internet is moving and I'm tired of fighting it, so I give up.