Hotfile Vs Rapidshare and other hosts

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Jul 1, 2009
In case you don't know, RS's premium service is undergoing a big revamp right now. The rules are quite complicated... I'd suggest avoiding them until their policy stabilizes.

ircaddicts

Jun 18, 2009
I would surgest avoid unrapidshit PERMANTALY as they no longer offer ANYTHING to the uploader AT ALL :sadomaso: . Shareing matrix is now useless as well as if your a free user all you get is a every lasting 10 min countdown and even paid users get slow d/l's Hotfile is ok. But Deposit files is still the best.

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
I've seen a couple of posters of ero-manga on other forums use http://ifile.it/.

It's quite fast with no wait times, but I don't know how it would work out for video files.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Why? You think people should spend hours of THIER time and massive amounts of THIER bandwidth just to give you free stuff and get nothing in return ?

Yes. And you won't get nothing in return, you can expect some "thanks" and in general recognition of your work. Also other people can return you the favour by uploading stuff themselves. This is just the way filesharing communities should develop.

You are turning the situation about uploading stuff the other way round, which is plain stupid. The choice of a filehoster should be primarily based on the services they offer (upload/download manager for instance), the bandwidth they offer, the file format(s) and size they allow. Money issues should come in second in an ideal world.

I like the p2p philosophy (including torrents), where money is not involved, only sharing abilities counts.

qwerty07

Mar 3, 2010
Yes. And you won't get nothing in return, you can expect some "thanks" and in general recognition of your work. Also other people can return you the favour by uploading stuff themselves. This is just the way filesharing communities should develop.

You are turning the situation about uploading stuff the other way round, which is plain stupid. The choice of a filehoster should be primarily based on the services they offer (upload/download manager for instance), the bandwidth they offer, the file format(s) and size they allow. Money issues should come in second in an ideal world.

I like the p2p philosophy (including torrents), where money is not involved, only sharing abilities counts.

Exactly.

People need to realize that uploading is something you do TO HELP OTHERS, and only others. If that doesn't give you motivation then don't do it. There's always 20 people uploading the same movie ON THE SAME FILE HOSTING SITE.

Gengar

Nov 19, 2009
ircaddicts said:
Why? You think people should spend hours of THIER time and massive amounts of THIER bandwidth just to give you free stuff and get nothing in return ?
Yes.
:rofl: It must be very lonely in your utopian little world...
I suppose the file sharing sites should get all the profit while my electricity bill will be paid with the general recognition from the interwebs...

Skyraida

Is Eating Your Internets
Mar 27, 2008
I like megaupload but than how come most of the direct downloads are in hotfile?

Simple answer, Hotfile gives the uploader and incentive to continue uploading. They offer a high payout per file downloaded, thus uploaders choose hotfile.

Megaupload is good for uploaders who simply want to share. As megaupload has a better uploading system in terms that it can recognize previous uploaded file which makes uploading faster as it just takes that.

As a downloader both hotfile and megaupload are great, they offer good speed, and if premium even better at a reasonable price being unlimited downloads.

mean

Banned
Jul 18, 2008
HF i guess, after RS big change, there is mostly no way to gain trust from their uploaders again.
Now we could see >60% link HF was flooding all over forums ,portals and even releasers.
MU is very good but few uploaders => fewer resources .
BTW Fileserve and sharingmatrix are growing, just wait :evil:

seigi

Dec 17, 2008
well if i do get a premium, i would certainly get it from hotfile since most of the jav videos out here and there are from hotfile, but personally i prefer megaupload from a non premium view point since they don't make you wait 10-20 min between downloads.