Rapidshare changed rules and delete my premium acc

Shawnanderson

Mar 19, 2008
I used to have a premium account generated from rapidshare points. Rapidshare will only delete your account only 30 days after your account expired. However mine was deleted before that 30days was up. They replied to me and said that they delete after 14days. They just anyhow changed their rules and delete my account and I was not even aware of the change. I argued but they said account deleted cannot be retrieved. They did not even bother to compensate me.

Those who have an account there or wish to buy one, please hit the download quota (50GB/5days) they give you, dont let them benefit. I advise those who dont download alot, can share your account with people and spilt the cost. Its ok if only a few IP addresses are detected within one premium account. Just get a one month premium account.

By the way, I have 25000 points inside.

link to the email they sent me:

http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_408lo.jpg

ryuuga

みうみうの恋人
Super Moderator
Apr 2, 2007
I am interested on this case and I would like to see how the way they replied in the email. But I couldn't see your email since the link you posted is not completed. Please fix it.

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
They dropped my first account too without warning, a free account after just three days.
I made another one and check it regularily too.
I am surprised they dont even keep a password recovery form link anywhere on their site and they seem mor einterested in slamming banners all around than actually providing a service. Their not that professional at all these Germans.

(Ich nehme an die sitzen alle in schlaraffenland und lachen sich tot)

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
I have just read their announcements.. They announced that new accounts will only have a download allowance of 80GB per month (very far from the 10GB per day policy they had).

Also, all files uploaded anonymously can only be downloaded 10 TIMES. Thereafter, an error message will appear. To enable downloading of these files again, they must be moved to a premium or collector's account.

I think the 80GB monthly download limit is ridiculously small (compared to the 300GB allowance per month we get in the past; 10GB x 30 days). Although I can only download approximately 80GB per month on my 512kbps connection, I'm seriously considering a switch to a 1.5mbps or faster connection. The 80GB download allowance will not be enough by the time I do switch. How can we increase the download limit?

Well, they implemented "TrafficShare" which you can use to upload files to their server. They can also be used to "expand" your download quota, which is like a very sucky marketing strategy. If they hadn't lowered our download quota in the first place, then we wouldn't need to purchase TrafficShare at all.

I used to love RS. Now the only reason I'm still buying accounts from them is that most JAVs are uploaded on their servers (the ones I like anyways).

NoriHiiro

Jun 27, 2008
Rapidshare is getting kind of frustrating, those download limits are absurd, what are we paying for? Businesses usually respond to criticism, tell them you'll go to megaupload if they impose the limits or if they keep deleting things they "suspect contains illegal content". Alot of times they don't, and they don't bother to even check whether it is illegal or not. Best thing to do is complain, threatening to leave them for a competitor should get them to relent

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
Rapidshare is getting kind of frustrating, those download limits are absurd, what are we paying for? Businesses usually respond to criticism, tell them you'll go to megaupload if they impose the limits or if they keep deleting things they "suspect contains illegal content". Alot of times they don't, and they don't bother to even check whether it is illegal or not. Best thing to do is complain, threatening to leave them for a competitor should get them to relent

Or.. We could stop buying RS accounts. And start a pro-MU movement. LOL

:perfectplan:

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
There's a reason people, me included, call it 'Rapidshit'.

seiya1

Level80Cleaver
Feb 28, 2007
I don't understand why most people on this site use Rapidshare. The only people who seem to benefit from it are the uploaders who get free accounts for their contribution.

I split a Megaupload account with a friend, and it runs very smoothly. Pro Megaupload movement commence!

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
"More traffic for our Premium customers (April 29, 2009)

In addition to the Premium HappyHours, RapidShare is glad to announce another good news for Premium customers.

Our latest upgrade enables us to permanently raise the traffic credit to 5 GB per day. Up to 25 GB of traffic can be collected."

Their sales must have dwindled. Rapidshare bailout seems imminent. lol.