Forum Rules and Regulations

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
may i humbly request to add an exception in rule #10?
i'm not being pretentious (not this time, at least), but i'm thinking about the 3 or maybe 4 major mature themed threads:
sometimes we post completely different things, but i guess that most of the times it's just the same things with slight variations (splitted parts' size, rar'ed, pw protected...).
if we'd (me, akirape, volldo, and somebody else) have to check what each other is doing this will become some sort of race, and that wouldn't be very nice in the spirit of sharing.

in addition to that, we'd also have to check what the other 10000 spammers are posting (instead of let them do that on us), and it will force us to browse the whole section everytime we have something to post.... that would be a living hell!

so, my request is: could you add something like "megathreads are not affected by this rule" or something similar?
after all, one of those threads is pinned and bumping the other 2 or 3 from time to time wouldn't certainly contribute to the actual chaos

i really hope you get my point

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
may i humbly request to add an exception in rule #10?
i'm not being pretentious (not this time, at least), but i'm thinking about the 3 or maybe 4 major mature themed threads:
sometimes we post completely different things, but i guess that most of the times it's just the same things with slight variations (splitted parts' size, rar'ed, pw protected...).
if we'd (me, akirape, volldo, and somebody else) have to check what each other is doing this will become some sort of race, and that wouldn't be very nice in the spirit of sharing.

in addition to that, we'd also have to check what the other 10000 spammers are posting (instead of let them do that on us), and it will force us to browse the whole section everytime we have something to post.... that would be a living hell!

so, my request is: could you add something like "megathreads are not affected by this rule" or something similar?
after all, one of those threads is pinned and bumping the other 2 or 3 from time to time wouldn't certainly contribute to the actual chaos

i really hope you get my point

perhaps again later, at least not now. The forum is suffering from a mere lot of violations of rules 10 (double posts), 11 (cross posting) and rule 4 (multiple accounts). We had an unbelievable amount of 385 !!! infractions / bans for creating multiple accounts only in 2010.

In the amount of double posts and cross posting the threads with the same title on the same file hoster are not even mentioned or included.

The rules of this forum have not been made just for fun, but as long as some people think they can play games with the staff there is no reason to loosen the rules, opposite to that - like handyman did - there are even more reasons (at least for me) to tighten the rules...

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
thanks for answering, but that won't solve anything IMHO, because who spam, create multiple accounts, etc. don't spend their time reading rules which they're committed to broke as soon as they start posting.

what's the meaning of creating multiple accounts? posting the same things many times?
ok then: new users can't open threads in the downloads section (via forum setup)!
(just a thought; sorry if it's stupid)

rules are rules, of course, and i ain't going against them, but still...

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
multiple account means that one and the same user is creating multiple accounts under different nicks to repost his stuff again (and again and again) under the new nick(s). The JAV-downloads sections are flooded by these accounts, as people just can´t get enough of earning money by clicks and they hardly know when it is enough and are overdoing it...

Same goes for cross posting when posting threads as single ones AND in (a) multi thread(s) or in different forum parts.

Double posts are (at least) repeated threads by the same user, a day later again, a week later and so on, on the same or different file hosters instead of editing the original thread. [and double posts are same titles of videos posted in the same section on the same file hoster too - by different users].

Staff atm spends most ot the moderation time senselessly with discovering and handling these rule violations.

roet

Nov 17, 2009
I don't agree with you !
I give you an example (please note:example)

a random user (example : akiba) in akiba-online steal redrooster' JAV and post in his thread. In one day, a supermod warn redrooster created multiple account with him (akiba).
if you were redrooster. Dou you accept this warning ?
redrooster! Please tell me do you accept this warning ?:sadomaso:

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I'm not completely sure what to understand about your example. If you want to make a point, try to make it clear.

Anyway it's not because random users clone someone's uploads that the original poster will get into trouble. I've seen this many times in the hentai sections and only the copiers were punished. The subject here is about cloning accounts and using them to posts the same thing several times, not cloning posts alone.

The search for multiple accounts is based on differents nicknames, having identical infos, and posting identical posts as it was just mentioned. They have also identical IP address which indicates that different registrations were done from the same computer.

nikaba

Banned
Feb 6, 2010
About rule #10

IMHO at least 90% new post in JAV Downloads section broken this rule every day
If you report them all i don't think anyone can handle this
And for most of them not even care about this rule
So i think this rule only affect regular members who want to follow the rules
It seems not good

And one more thing is if you don't like someone post faster than you
Just check his post every day and report it
I'm really really not comfortable with this
Because for some member like me uploading every day
You have to search it in english and japanese and filename and some special keyword
It just impossible to check all your content before posting
And if you miss one oops get reported

So please think again about this rule

Just thought about another thing
Same content but one is avi another is wmv
Is this broken the rule?
Or same wmv one is 1000k another 1500k or even 3000k
Broken the rule?
And what about dvdiso and rmvb
I think it's very complicated thing
You can't just define it by same title

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Rule #10 doesn't speak about video versions, but about filehosters.

"Also if a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, it should not be posted on that same filehost again in any section of the site."

You can post a mirror of the same version on a different hoster if you like. You can post a different version of a file on any hoster if you like. Why not if some prefer RMVB over MKV, for example. But don't make "clone" links (same file, same hoster) which just makes no sense. Do I understand well or am I completely wrong ?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
after reading the last few posts, my head hurts,
it cannot be that hard to follow, a simple solution made very difficult by a few

nikaba

Banned
Feb 6, 2010
Rule #10 doesn't speak about video versions, but about filehosters.

"Also if a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, it should not be posted on that same filehost again in any section of the site."

You can post a mirror of the same version on a different hoster if you like. You can post a different version of a file on any hoster if you like. Why not if some prefer RMVB over MKV, for example. But don't make "clone" links (same file, same hoster) which just makes no sense. Do I understand well or am I completely wrong ?

Most of the posts in jav section don't mention any video info
So how can you tell it's totally different or not
I don't believe someone handle the report thing will check every detail of the content
Probably just take a look same preview pic same host then delete it and send a warning

after reading the last few posts, my head hurts,
it cannot be that hard to follow, a simple solution made very difficult by a few

Yes very simple to read, but almost impossible to achieve, at least for now
Just imagine someone handle hundreds of reporting per day, check every detail of the post, make sure its really broken the rule or not
It just impossible

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
..my request is: could you add something like "megathreads are not affected by this rule" or something similar?..

No, that would be favouritism. Rule #3 - Respect others. Every member is equal. Treat everyone with respect and expect to be treated with respect.

You understand perfectly well

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I have made this in big letters so all can understand,
as from today I will delete reposts from the same file hoster, as mentioned above, in rule 10 you can use mirrors, but please put the mirrors in the original thread, if it helps there are 2 ways of searching 1) tags 2) using the search button above http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/search.php

Check the Rules at the beginning of this thread

shadeofgray

Sep 22, 2009
I have made this in big letters so all can understand,
as from today I will delete reposts from the same file hoster, as mentioned above, in rule 10 you can use mirrors, but please put the mirrors in the original thread

So, as of today is it one thread per title (with all different versions in the same thread) or one thread per specific rip/version (just mirrors of that particular rip/version in the same thread)?

I ask because you mention just reposts should be in the same thread, but HERE you've merged 2 different AVI rips in the same thread.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
So, as of today is it one thread per title (with all different versions in the same thread) or one thread per specific rip/version (just mirrors of that particular rip/version in the same thread)?

I ask because you mention just reposts should be in the same thread, but HERE you've merged 2 different AVI rips in the same thread.

I did this today to clean up, but I was thinking as of 2010-06-01 GMT (to make it easier, because of different time zones) there may have to tolerance, I will have to look out for different rips, because as we all know some is better than others, and we all have different requirements on quality, My aim is 1 title thread, with all subsequent rips avi mp4 etc. and ISOs, and file hosters all in the same thread,
one title with as many tags possible for easier searching

I have to think about all those that are ripping there own version at the same time, and they would all help to contribute to smooth running of the forum, and I think it helps them as well so that they could see all that have posted before and not going through 100s of repeat posters

I hope this helps, thank you pointing it out

nikaba

Banned
Feb 6, 2010
my question is if someone posted before but with no video info
then i cant tell what i want to post is the same thing or not
what should i do?
and there is no mega thread any more right?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
my question is if someone posted before but with no video info
then i cant tell what i want to post is the same thing or not
what should i do?

If you cannot find it in the searches, it proposes that I will not find, so it should be ok, if at a later date another member has found another post with the same title, I can merge and rename the original if reported, so you may post, but if the same people keep posting the same mistakes, and keep giving the same excuses, then it will regarded as an infraction, also remember there will occasions when 2 members will post at the same time, all we are really asking for is sensible postings

Happy postings and enjoyment here, this is to make it easier for everybody:exhausted:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
If you cannot find it in the searches, it proposes that I will not find, so it should be ok, if at a later date another member has found another post with the same title, I can merge and rename the original if reported, so you may post, but if the same people keep posting the same mistakes, and keep giving the same excuses, then it will regarded as an infraction, also remember there will occasions when 2 members will post at the same time, all we are really asking for is sensible postings

Happy postings and enjoyment here, this is to make it easier for everybody:exhausted:

You workhorse, lol.

I believe honest mistakes are to be expected. All that is being asked is a little effort from our posters in order to make this a better place. No big deal, just make the effort. Please.

nikaba

Banned
Feb 6, 2010

sorry what i mean is i can find same title
but i cant find the video info like bitrate or file type or other encoding info
then i cant tell if its the same version i want to post or not
what should i do?
and what about mega thread

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
is this a test to get me rattled (only kidding :pandalaugh: )
perhaps if you put all your information in, use it as a mirror post with the quality and bitrate etc. then we can see what is happening, as it becomes more simplified, with greater understanding after a while we all get used to certain posters associated with the quality that suits us.
The idea of this is one title with all links to downloads for ease off use, at the beginning it may get some odd posting, but with everybody helping it will cut down on wasting time and energy sifting thought a few pages of unknown posts, and getting so many pop ups through links, so a few can make a quick profit, off others work

nikaba

Banned
Feb 6, 2010
thx for the reply it's very kind
i'm starting to search before post
a keyword wait 30s another keyword wait 30s maybe another then one post
it's really not enjoyable but i'll try

Status
Not open for further replies.