• Internet explorer, a golden classic

Votes: 24 10.0%
  • other, [insert witty remark fail]

Votes: 39 16.2%

• Total voters

ponyboy

junior lolicon
Feb 24, 2009
well i was bored so i wanted to see what people prefer browser-wise. I personally like firefox, IE always seems annoyed at me because i only used it to download mozilla so whenever i accidently clicked it takes for ever.

anyway just vote your favourite and if 'other' please share.

Hooray for my first thread

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
I use Firefox, I've never had a problem with IE, but tabs and add-ons got me into Firefox, and then I just liked the "feel" of it better. I tried Opera, but I had more problems with it than Firefox and it wasn't as useful so I stuck with Firefox.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Yeah participating is always fun. I use a few different browsers. I like Opera and Firefox the most I suppose. I don't like IE and don't use it unless necessary.

Here is a good Wiki link on browsers, highly reccomended by...well by me,(for what that is worth,anyway).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Here is a good Wiki link on browsers, highly reccomended by...well by me,(for what that is worth,anyway).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers

Looking at that link I remembered Netscape navigator. It was the browser provided by my ISP back when I first got on the internet mid 90's. I really hated that one, I called it crashscape, as it was always crashing. So I went back to IE until Firefox came out. Now I only use IE to check on windows updates.

ponyboy

junior lolicon
Feb 24, 2009
I just liked the "feel" of it better.
I know what you mean I can't really say what's better it just feels better.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Looking at that link I remembered Netscape navigator. It was the browser provided by my ISP back when I first got on the internet mid 90's. I really hated that one, I called it crashscape, as it was always crashing. So I went back to IE until Firefox came out. Now I only use IE to check on windows updates.

Lol!

You might be interested to know that Netscape was instrumental in the early developmental stages of Mozilla,(though Mozilla was glad to get rid of them).

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Lol!

You might be interested to know that Netscape was instrumental in the early developmental stages of Mozilla,(though Mozilla was glad to get rid of them).

Yup, I knew that. I think that was probably the biggest reason it took me awhile to switch to Firefox. Kind of a not another Netscape thought line.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
Firefox, all the way! I can't even remember when I started using IE alternatives, but I remember knowing to never use IE.

Admittedly, I never knew really knew WHY I wasn't supposed to use it. Eventually I learned about the security issues and such, but I think a lot of those issues can be cured with plain old common sense. If a website calls itself "supervirus-autodownload-n-fuckyourcomputerup.com" don't go there. :XD:

But by now, I can't really imagine using any other alternative. It seems more like a mandatory program after using mozilla and firefox for this long.

Never tried chrome or opera. Firefox is working well and I love the add-ons, don't really have any incentive to change.

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
IE is not really an option for me, as I use Linux. If I were to use windows, I would probably use K-Meleon and Firefox.

Recently, I mostly use Firefox and sometimes Opera and Konqueror. I have used Midori, Amaya, Dillo, Elinks, w3m, Epiphany, Galeon and Kazehakase.

ramboy

Jan 24, 2009
Ive been a firefox user ever since it was released. But now im using Chrome for quite a while because it doesn't eat too much memory on my system.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
I like firefox. I have image zoom plug-in to zoom some hard to see pictures, video downloadhelper to download youtube vids, spell checker to make sure my spelling is correct and adblock plus to block out all the questionable ads and avatars.

jack7

Dec 15, 2009
I prefer firefox but is not an option. I'm stuck with IE6 right now and it can't handle firefox. My XP has this blue screen problem.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I prefer firefox but is not an option. I'm stuck with IE6 right now and it can't handle firefox. My XP has this blue screen problem.

Post this in the tech section and maybe some of our helpful members or even Rollyco or Techie can help. If you do post this in the tech section include as much pertinent information as possible so you get the best possible and more accurate,(hopefully), responses.

If you are able to do XP updates then you should have fixed this problem already I would have thought. Are you running an antivirus? Sounds like a bug or software incompatibility problem to me. You might also try some type of registry cleaner in case you have major registry problems.

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
I have tried Chrome, Opera, Safari and other strange internet browsers .... Internet Explorer works ok but it takes up too many system resources...open up a load of tabs and the browser quickly comes to a crawl eating up system resources. Firefox on the other hand, I could have over 100 tabs or more and it still continues to function at 100% capacity. I always browse with Firefox but for some sites, I use Internet Explorer. Today you need to browse the NET with two guns; Mozilla Firefox is your AK47 while Internet Explorer is your 5mm pistol.

By the way, Google Chrome is infact very fast and user friendly but that browser has so many bugs I could not stomach it after a month of use. Chrome uses gears for plugins and almost has the potential to over-take Firefox if Google can polish it better but, the competition is hard specially since Mozilla has a tremendous reputation and it is open source which demonstrates the better of the internet community, people uniting together the make the lives of other more reliable, Firefox is perfect example of that.

I don't believe any browser will ever over take Firefox! Firefox is FREE and it works with no B.S, plain and simple. While the rest of the browser just seek to take money out of your pockets. Opera is not free, Internet Explorer is not free, you purchase part of it when you purchase your operating system....Chrome? That's just Google trying to over take the competition so they can get more users and earn more from advertising, can't blame them, we all need money.

wwpants1

Apr 2, 2007
Anyone tried Chrome?

I was using Firefox since before V1 but recently switched to Google Chrome. It loads pages super fast. NEVER use IE:yell:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Unless they made some serious changes Opera is free. It is also uses less memory resources than Firefox. I am not saying I don't like Firefox, I do. I am saying that that it is a good idea to give the up and coming browsers a chance,(I remember when almost nobody was using Firefox and that browser was fast and simple with almost no plug-ins or add-ons), and also that Opera is a decent alternative. The more complex the browser, the more "capabilities" it offers, the more likely it is to have security holes and come with spyware attached in one form or another.

Want to give something new a try? How about the Off By One browser?

http://offbyone.com/offbyone/ob1_overview.htm

It is an older browser but a fine example of what can be and is being done out there. This is still considered one of the "smallest and fastest browsers out there".

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
Opera is a decent alternative

Isn't Opera also the web browser they have in the Nintendo dsi and wii? I do have to respect a browser that can be used on multiple pc platforms and consoles as well :bingo:

sad thing about IE is no matter how bad the flaws or great the alternatives, it usually finds a way to snake itself back into your business. :abandoned2:

If you play games using steam, the steam interface is tied to IE. Unfortunately there's no way around it, either.

Diabolical. :silence: