FTP Uploads With Ryushare (for when the HTML interface is broken)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Aug 11, 2012
Way back when I posted in the Ryushare thread that uploading was broken and since then I've gotten at least (exactly) one request for helping getting around that. I've been meaning to make this thread since then because if it's an issue for 2 people there's likely to be more. Anyway, the workaround is simple; like the thread title says use Ryushare's FTP upload. Here is a quick tutorial on how to do that.

1. Get an FTP client. I use FireFTP, which is a free addon for Firefox. There's probably free ones for other browsers but you will have to find and learn them yourselves if you are foolish enough to not use Firefox.

2. Click the FireFTP button to open it.

3. Click the dropdown menu and select "Create New Account".

4. Go to Ryushare. Click FTP Upload.

5. Fill out the New Account form like so (account name doesn't matter; it's simply an identifier for you. My Ryushare account is named Ryushare as you can see in the second screen):

6. Back in FireFTP click connect. Once you are connected simply browse for you files, select the ones you want to upload and click the right facing arrow.

7. Once your files are done uploading, go back to Ryushare and click on "My Files". Publish your files by either checking the box on the far left and then clicking "Publish Selected" or simply checking the box in the "Pub" column.

You're done! All that's left is to share the links. You can do this either by clicking the file and just copying the URL or using one of the Export options. "Export all" and "Export folder" do exactly what they say and "Export selected" will give you all the links for files whose boxes (on the far left) are checked.

Potential problems you might run into:
-Firewall/Router issues. Solution: add an exception to your firewall/port forwarding. I can help if you are stuck with either of these.
-Not using Firefox. Solution: uninstall Chrome, install Firefox.

Let me know if you run across any other issues. I'm always happy to help; I do it for the epeen after all.

@mods, not 100% this is where this belongs. Feel free to move it if necessary.

EDIT: Upon further consideration I decided to move this to the Tutorials forum. It was kind of a toss up between that and Tech Support but this is a tutorial after all.

Also note, I just checked yesterday, Ryushare's HTML upload is still broken for me so hopefully this will be relevant to someone.