akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
fruxano> Can you post that RAR file somewhere else? Akiba-Online is broken for me almost all the time (am I alone here?) and I'd love to see what you did.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Tried in Chrome and finally got it to download.

fruxano>

"Come here, Tatsuya, and greet\Nyour teacher properly."

Unnecessary comma after 'Come here' and also 'Tatsuya' (OK, the second comma is debatable)

" Keita can come again another time, alright?\N{\3c&HB12227&}- Ok."

Extra space before Keita. It's also normally typed as 'OK'

"but you are not to shy away from anything."

You forgot to capitalize 'But'.

"Hello, I'm to be your new home tutor,\Nmy name is Rukawa.

You need a period after 'tutor', not an Oxford comma.

All examples except the last also are too long and go past subtitling recommendations for characters per second.

Reactions: fruxano

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
You're not supposed to start a sentence with but in the first place,

Reactions: mxaxtxrxix

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Electro> If we're talking vernacular dialog, then it's fine. Even native speakers don't necessarily talk grammatically correct all the time. And this goes double when the conversation's informal.

fruxano

Nov 1, 2008
Hey Inertia, thanks for your comments and your detailed perusal, it's always interesting to see what people have to think.

"Come here, Tatsuya, and greet\Nyour teacher properly."

Unnecessary comma after 'Come here' and also 'Tatsuya' (OK, the second comma is debatable)
The commas were to indicate the pauses in the sentence, there is an especially long pause in the middle of the sentence.

" Keita can come again another time, alright?\N{\3c&HB12227&}- Ok."

Extra space before Keita. It's also normally typed as 'OK'

The spaces showed up in Aegisub.
I left it in as I felt it's nigh invisible unless you have superhuman vision as you're reading single sentences opposed to paragraphs, so they don't appear as indented lines.
You're correct on the OK.

"but you are not to shy away from anything."

You forgot to capitalize 'But'.

This was a part of the previous line.

"Hello, I'm to be your new home tutor,\Nmy name is Rukawa.

You need a period after 'tutor', not an Oxford comma.

Same thing here, it's one sentence in the original so I left it the way it was. (今日から家庭教師をさせて頂く、瑠川と申します。)
If the original sentence length affected legibility I'd split it up in the English, but that wasn't the case here.

All examples except the last also are too long and go past subtitling recommendations for characters per second.
None of those sentences are particularly long though. I watched it myself, and I felt the readability was very acceptable.

Electro> If we're talking vernacular dialog, then it's fine. Even native speakers don't necessarily talk grammatically correct all the time. And this goes double when the conversation's informal.

Yes, that's exactly it. People all have distinct speech patterns and the translation should reflect that.
If a character speaks extremely politely in Japanese, then I'd make his English formal as well.
But in this case, it's a role-play between a high school girl and a young teen boy so their speech isn't exactly sophisticated. :)

I appreciate the feedback, let me know if there is anything else.

Reactions: Motiman

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Thank you so much fruxano for offering your services. I have just watched your free sample and thank you for providing it for us. I was very much impressed with what you did and loved the presentation of it all. The fact that the grammar and spelling of it all (or at least most of it as we have just gone through in the last few posts) is correct is always better, although i'm not going to get worked up over a few mistakes here and there.

I have already started to organize the translation of DVDES-813 with JAVtoENG so will not be doing business with you for this movie but would be happy to arrange another. If you visited the thread i created you will have seen the movies i am interested in. If you are able to work on a movie such as DVDES-825 than it would make things a lot easier for me.

What i need to know obviously is what you would charge to complete this movie? Secondly whether you provide a discount if i were to provide the timings for you, and if so what would that be? And finally how long do you think it would take to complete?

I have asked here rather than sending you a PM as these are questions i feel many would have and therefore it saves you time having to answer everyone individually.

fruxano

Nov 1, 2008
Hey, glad to see some interest already!

It's no problem if that movie is already spoken for, it was just an example anyway.

As for pricing, for a standard two hour AV movie, I'd be looking at $200. This depends on the content as well, if there is a lot of dialogue (relatively, for a JAV) the cost would go up.
And conversely, if there is a relatively low amount of dialogue, the price would go down. It all depends on how much time will be required to do the script, but trust me, no one would be getting rich off this. ;)
This may seem steep, but it's actually not, considering the labor involved. To complete a two hour length movie, it would take more than 25 hours of work to do it well, and depending on the quality control and typesetting required it could be significantly above that.

I would not mind working with provided timings but naturally that comes with some caveats. As this is very precise work, especially when there are multiple people talking at the same time or right after each other, the timings would need to be very accurate.
Both accuracy and ease of reading for the end user need to be taken into account.
If I were to have to correct the timings myself repeatedly, I would prefer to do it myself in that case. If you are unsure, you can provide me with the timings of a short segment of a movie, and I can give you my opinion on it.

And with such a provided file, I will translate everything that is marked of course, and I will do any unmarked lines I find during QC, but I won't be responsible for missed lines that were not marked on the script.
I'd give a 25% discount for a proper timing list.

As for completion time, I'd be looking at between one and two weeks for a standard movie, barring any unforeseen circumstances. In case of delays I'd notify you of the reason and discuss it with you.
Seeing how this is an intensive task I'd only take on one project at a time. Others won't be accepted until the current one is already completed, so I can fully focus on it to guarantee a good turnaround rate.

Lastly, considering the fact that I don't have any rep on this forum so I can understand if you're hesitant to go with a dark horse, I'm willing to do a first project here at a 25% discount.

I hope that answers all your questions, let me know if you need anything more.

MeatHead

Nov 1, 2015
Is anyone willing to sell the translation of scene 4 (nurse scene) of DJE-042? I've tried contacting fyfiul but no answer so that's why I ask here.

fruxano

Nov 1, 2008
I mentioned above I'd do a two hour movie for $200, but I'm glad to do single scenes too.
I understand that not everyone likes the entirety of a movie, I sure don't.
If you consider there are four 30 minute scenes in a movie, they would be $50 each roughly or $1.67 per minute.
For example, a 42 minute scene would be $70.

A minimum of $30 would apply per scene. If your scene has very little dialogue and it's mostly humping, I'd be willing to do it for a lower price.
An example would be, let's say a 40 minute scene with an 8 min. interview and the rest has almost no speech. I'd judge this on a case-by-case basis though.
Basically, I don't mind giving you a deal and I'm not looking to price gouge, but I can't slave away for rates far below minimum wage either on some movie I don't even like. ;)

I consider a scene to be one continuous part of a movie (same actors and environment— interview -> sex is one scene), so if a scene is over, the minimum rate would apply again.
So if you only want one or two scenes from a movie that's fine with me too, just give me a holler.

EroJapanese

Apr 20, 2015
We are producing subtitles for two Hitomi movies: PPPD-402 and MIDE-271.

If you are interested in supporting our efforts and obtaining a super discount, please visit us at http://erojapanese.com/2015/11/01/pppd-402/ and http://erojapanese.com/2015/11/01/mide-271/

We also have a new poll to decide what movie to translate next at: erojapanese.com/polls/

And effective from yesterday, our new and simpler translation rates: erojapanese.com/our-rates/

Hope you can visit us.

Thanks!

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
DVDES-825
Naughty Night Life Between A Busty Aunt And Goofy Virgin Nephew - A Very Fertile Wife's Round The Clock Fucking Kept Secret From Her Husband - Ayumi Shinoda
1dvdes825pl-jpg.486570

vlcsnap-2015-09-23-20h55m11s569.png vlcsnap-2015-09-23-20h56m25s633.png vlcsnap-2015-09-23-20h58m19s949.png 1dvdes00825jp-3.jpg 1dvdes00825jp-6.jpg 1dvdes00825jp-7.jpg 1dvdes00825jp-11.jpg 1dvdes00825jp-15.jpg

Just want to let you guys now i have started a group translation project to help fund a translation of DVDES-825. You can find more information here. If you're a fan of this studio, the shota genre or Ayumi Shinoda herself then it's well worth it as a translation adds so much to the movie.

You can contact me or put a 'like' on this post and i will get back to you with further details.

Reactions: madmanx

keanurefresh

Jun 7, 2013
Does anyone know what happened to JAVSUBTITLE.COM ?

It's said I need to subscribe through paypal,
to download the subtitles.
But I have no idea how to do that.

Does anyone know the way?

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Does anyone know what happened to JAVSUBTITLE.COM ?

It's said I need to subscribe through paypal,
to download the subtitles.
But I have no idea how to do that.

Does anyone know the way?

I sent him a donation for his subs in September through PayPal. A $15 donation for all his subs is amazing value considering you are getting about 50 subs or more (I lost count), and the selection of movies are always fantastic, at least in my view. I will say English is not his first language so the translation is not perfect but it is fully understandable.

Don't be alarmed if he doesn't contact you straight away. From my experience it seems he isn't active online constantly and can sometimes take a week or two to get back so be patient as he will get back to you eventually.

My guess is that by sending him an email, they will get back to you with their PayPal address. I don't think this is a subscription of any sort, just a one off payment to purchase their existing subs.

Tricksteralex

Dec 28, 2015
I sent him a donation for his subs in September through PayPal. A $15 donation for all his subs is amazing value considering you are getting about 50 subs or more (I lost count), and the selection of movies are always fantastic, at least in my view. I will say English is not his first language so the translation is not perfect but it is fully understandable.

Don't be alarmed if he doesn't contact you straight away. From my experience it seems he isn't active online constantly and can sometimes take a week or two to get back so be patient as he will get back to you eventually.

My guess is that by sending him an email, they will get back to you with their PayPal address. I don't think this is a subscription of any sort, just a one off payment to purchase their existing subs.

Abajo

Apr 8, 2015
Hi guys, could someone please tell me where can I download the RAW of RBD-632?
I found some torrents but they are all hardsubbed with some shitty credits.
I would like to get a free of credits RAW of this.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Hi guys, could someone please tell me where can I download the RAW of RBD-632?
I found some torrents but they are all hardsubbed with some shitty credits.
I would like to get a free of credits RAW of this.
Open a thread in the "JAV Idol request" section (link below in my signature). If you do so, please, put the movie code in the title. You can also read the sticky thread in that section for further information.