akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
what happened to javsubtitle.com ?

Bonekace, who was responsible for the subs on the site (and posted many subs here), simply stopped responding. The site has also run it's license and so no longer exists.

ricckyr

Jan 5, 2018
I would like to try the translation of JAV Movies. I only need somebody send me the txt file with japanese audio transcripted. I can try the translation and editing subs.

I´m downloading Dragon Naturally to get the japanese transcription because Japanese talking is the same as spanish... they speak it as they write it. So im going to try it.

Butthe ideal would be that japanese/english speaker send me the movie text. Only text is needed, i can take care of timeline phrase editing.

Does anyone want to help ?

i do not have access to original subs, but using autosub i succeded in extracting some subs in srt format
i do translate directly with subtitle edit and the result is not great (i don't know if the extract is bad or the translation)
i don't know any japanese
the point being i can share whatever i extracted or what i came across if that interests u otherwise just ignore this

Reactions: Rezzonicco

ricckyr

Jan 5, 2018
I found a website which has lots of Chinese sub but it in built is there anyway to translate them in english

when u say in built u mean hardcoded ??
if so i hope if someone knows how to extract those give us info
otherwise ur best bet is autosub and u extract the subs in the original language then u translate it
less optimal and time consuming but u get to be independant if u can't get the money or the subs :)

venomancer38

Jul 19, 2018
Ok going to give a try thank you
when u say in built u mean hardcoded ??
if so i hope if someone knows how to extract those give us info
otherwise ur best bet is autosub and u extract the subs in the original language then u translate it
less optimal and time consuming but u get to be independant if u can't get the money or the subs :)

Reactions: ricckyr

ricckyr

Jan 5, 2018
Ok I tried and not sure how to extract that Chinese sub
https://hpjav.com/category/chinese-subtitles/

these movies as far as i know are hardcoded meaning the subs r a part of the video file
and i don't know how to extract them but i know how to translate through software once u get someone to tell us both how to :D
if u look a bit back here u can find some sub packs and if u want i can guide u through the translation options
but that's what i can do so far

Reactions: venomancer38

therealpmuk

Dec 20, 2012
For those who are interested in JAV subtitles in English or another language (with a view to translating from the text), here is a Google sheet showing subtitle files, moist of which appear to have been posted on akiba.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oBTcC2T0310La3sR02-6lDuovAJMVkPQwCneTk0ysZU/

The languages covered are Chinese, Thai, Korean, Japanese and English.

The columns show the following;

A - Manufacturers code
B - Language
C - Source site/package
D - Actual subtitle file name
E - Format (most are SRT, but some ASS
F - Count of the number of actual subtitles in the file (not always 100% accurate, but usually close enough to be useful)
G - Video release date (from JavLibrary)
H - Title (from JavLibrary)
I - Genres, comma-separated (from JavLibrary)
J - Cast ((from JavLibrary)
K User Rating (from JavLibrary)

I find this really useful, as you can use it to....
  • Quickly find out if there is a subtitle file in any language for a favourite movie.
  • Look for video subtitle files for movies with a favourite star or genre.
  • Browse your favourite studio codes, looking for subtitle files that have a high content.
  • Browse for subtitle files that are available in different languages, auto-translate, compare and merge.
For example, I am currently looking at JUX-327 for which there are subtitles in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Thai. It's an interesting process using DualSub to merge and compare the files. You can also compare raw files in Notepad++ with a plugin, but DualSub has the advantage of using a bit of intelligence to look at the timings and merge those that are close together. It's early days yet, but so far Chinese subtitles seem to be more detailed and give better results.

I am also currently attempting a usable English translation of Chinese subs for SSNI-152 Big Tits Fucked Teacher Group Gangbang. The Chinese subs are a useful start, with over 1500 lines of ready-made timings and what seems to be (in large part) a useful auto-translation by Google.

There are of course many mis-steps, and in these cases I am referring back to the original Chinese and trying alternative translation sites. translate.yandex.com seems to be a bit above average in coping with some of the more unusual text with which Google struggles.

I hope this helps other who might be interested in doing their own translations.

EDIT
====

If you are having trouble finding any of the files or packages referred to on the sheet, the majority have been posted on Akiba. The Akiba search facility should find most, if not all.

For convenience I will link below to some of the original posts. Needless to say the credit for these finds belongs entirely to the OPs - they deserve our thanks.

Chinese pack

https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...e-repository-jsp.1466451/page-27#post-3790890

Japanese pack

https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...le-repository-jsp.1466451/page-8#post-3360682

Korean pack

https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...e-repository-jsp.1466451/page-23#post-3731008

Thai site

http://www.avcollectors.com/board/index.php?board=40.0

For the remainder, you will have to search or browse the post-your-jav-subtitle-files-here thread.

Last edited:

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
I would not take a subbing or 2nd-to-3rd language translation job on my own. But I am pretty fluent with both Chinese and English and I dare say I am pretty good for someone never trained in translation. I think I am better than RNG if I see a Chinese mistranslation so has a chance to correct it.

If any of you find machine- or auto- translation insufficient, feel free to ask me for help. I would be happy to look over a dialog or a short scene, but a full vid would be out of the question.

I must say... wow I had no idea there are so many CN sub files out there.

LimeLemon

Aug 26, 2014
For those who are interested in JAV subtitles in English or another language (with a view to translating from the text), here is a Google sheet showing subtitle files, moist of which appear to have been posted on akiba.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oBTcC2T0310La3sR02-6lDuovAJMVkPQwCneTk0ysZU/

The languages covered are Chinese, Thai, Korean, Japanese and English.

The columns show the following;

A - Manufacturers code
B - Language
C - Source site/package
D - Actual subtitle file name
E - Format (most are SRT, but some ASS
F - Count of the number of actual subtitles in the file (not always 100% accurate, but usually close enough to be useful)
G - Video release date (from JavLibrary)
H - Title (from JavLibrary)
I - Genres, comma-separated (from JavLibrary)
J - Cast ((from JavLibrary)
K User Rating (from JavLibrary)

I find this really useful, as you can use it to....
  • Quickly find out if there is a subtitle file in any language for a favourite movie.
  • Look for video subtitle files for movies with a favourite star or genre.
  • Browse your favourite studio codes, looking for subtitle files that have a high content.
  • Browse for subtitle files that are available in different languages, auto-translate, compare and merge.
For example, I am currently looking at JUX-327 for which there are subtitles in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Thai. It's an interesting process using DualSub to merge and compare the files. You can also compare raw files in Notepad++ with a plugin, but DualSub has the advantage of using a bit of intelligence to look at the timings and merge those that are close together. It's early days yet, but so far Chinese subtitles seem to be more detailed and give better results.

I am also currently attempting a usable English translation of Chinese subs for SSNI-152 Big Tits Fucked Teacher Group Gangbang. The Chinese subs are a useful start, with over 1500 lines of ready-made timings and what seems to be (in large part) a useful auto-translation by Google.

There are of course many mis-steps, and in these cases I am referring back to the original Chinese and trying alternative translation sites. translate.yandex.com seems to be a bit above average in coping with some of the more unusual text with which Google struggles.

I hope this helps other who might be interested in doing their own translations.

I am confused as to where one gets the Chinese subs from? Column C is the source of the subtitle, correct? If so, I am googling CN-Subs, and all sorts of combinations but I am getting no results.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Just to be clear, I have near zero Japanese skill... I'm especially helpless with spoken Japanese. I can help with Chinese to English, spoken, graphics (i.e. can't directly do dictionary look-up) or text.

I am confused as to where one gets the Chinese subs from? Column C is the source of the subtitle, correct? If so, I am googling CN-Subs, and all sorts of combinations but I am getting no results.
I have the same question myself, but I had more luck than you so far. From the Google spreadsheet I got the term"chn.srt" and then I put it in sukebei.nyaa.si and got a bunch of hits.
So in case you need support for Chinese, I'm ready. I got the srt, I got the vid, so whenever you hit a snag give me a yell.

therealpmuk

Dec 20, 2012

Apologies for the lack of clarity. As I say, most of the subs and packages can be found on Akiba. The Chinese pack was posted here

https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...e-repository-jsp.1466451/page-27#post-3790890

Others will be found in the same thread. Try using the Akiba search before resorting to Google, and if anyone else has any trouble finding files, let me know.

LimeLemon

Aug 26, 2014

kakarotd7

Sep 29, 2015
hey everyone. sorry, new here. just wanted to ask if there are any hitomi tanaka subs here, please? all of them, if possible.ive been going over the forums but can only find 1

therealpmuk

Dec 20, 2012
Hi all,

For anyone interested in checking for the existence of foreign-languages subs, I have updated the sheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oBTcC2T0310La3sR02-6lDuovAJMVkPQwCneTk0ysZU to include the contents of the recently (?) circulated Korean Subs file korsub.rar.

About 1,600 new rows, but a lot of duplication as usual, and many were already on the sheet in another language.

For now new additions not previously on the sheet are highlighted in red font.

A lot of the new files are in SMI format, and I have tried to calculate the number of subtitles contained in this format for the first time. Accuracy is not guaranteed!

Reactions: robbus

therealpmuk

Dec 20, 2012
Reactions: George222