akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
Anyone happen to know what this kind of thing means?

���ַ���

Must be at least 20 sub files I've downloaded that basically have that and not much else in them. A few other random symbols is all. The last occurence of it was when I ran a Chinese .srt through google translate, and it all came out like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: gingergauge

composite

Jul 25, 2015
Can someone tell me how to find chinese srt files of specific movies?

I find STAR-681 online as a Chinese subtitled movie (the subtitles are hard-coded into the movie, there's no separate .SRT file).

Does anyone know how to find the .SRT file for this movie, even in Chinese? I'll try translating them into english using the machine language stuff.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
Can someone tell me how to find chinese srt files of specific movies?

hire some translator ..
even heuaseng hire translators so they can release subtitle in 2 weeks.

i use google or subtitlecat.com

if you can use chinese subtitle then you can use subtitle form that site.\ it not much different in .....

even heuse **** dont sub all movies. its hard work and lots of movies every week ...

i will try to find it and if i found i will share you sofe file

composite

Jul 25, 2015
I can find a Chinese subtitle version of STAR-681. Here's an example:

But this has the subtitles hard coded into the movie. I want to find the translation in a separate SRT file. So I can convert it into english.

I tried subtitlecat and google. But couldn't find an english translation or an SRT file.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Translation question from one who is editing lots of raw autosubs. These words "bully" "bullying" and "bullied" that appear in many autosubs, is that actually the correct translation of whatever Japanese word is used? I see titles with guys saying, we're going to bully you, then proceed to gang r*** the girl. Perhaps this word means "bullying" in certain contexts, while in others it is a euphemism for something like r*** or sexual assault? Or is it just the wrong translation?
Bullying seems to come up a lot in Chinese subs. I guess it can be seen as "bullying" in context :D
I seem to recall another word for it but I can't remember...

Anyways, I would need the timestamp of the movie you're referring to really help you I guess.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I can find a Chinese subtitle version of STAR-681. Here's an example:

But this has the subtitles hard coded into the movie. I want to find the translation in a separate SRT file. So I can convert it into english.

I tried subtitlecat and google. But couldn't find an english translation or an SRT file.
Aww, Mara-chan one of my faves. And it's an older one too. Also great :)

You're in luck. Spxcngr made a sub of this wonderful movie. I don't know if it's wonderful, BUT Marina Shiraishi certainly is :malu2:
Be warned, there's only 437 lines. So I think that means this movie isn't fully translated, maybe?

Anyways, be sure to give Spxcnger credit. And please post in "Post Subtitle Thread" :D

Attachments

• STAR-681.rar
    7.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Pendekar2020

Sep 2, 2013
Bullying seems to come up a lot in Chinese subs. I guess it can be seen as "bullying" in context :D
I seem to recall another word for it but I can't remember...

Anyways, I would need the timestamp of the movie you're referring to really help you I guess.
I also found several movies with that AI translation. When I found it, usually the meaning "teasing" or "make you excited" is the most appropriate considering the context, like "I am going to tease your nipples"

Pendekar2020

Sep 2, 2013
Just a reminder when you're using online translator, check the 'Settings' to make sure that it allows translation of 'offensive words'. Makes a lot of difference when translating JAV subtitles. Google default setting is usually ON (allowing offensive words), but Microsoft/Bing default is normally OFF.

Reactions: Taako

composite

Jul 25, 2015

You're in luck. Spxcngr made a sub of this wonderful movie. I don't know if it's wonderful, BUT Marina Shiraishi certainly is :malu2:
Be warned, there's only 437 lines. So I think that means this movie isn't fully translated, maybe?

Anyways, be sure to give Spxcnger credit. And please post in "Post Subtitle Thread" :D
You are a scholar and a gentleman! Many thanks for your help!

• Haha

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
Anyone happen to know what this kind of thing means?

���ַ���

Must be at least 20 sub files I've downloaded that basically have that and not much else in them. A few other random symbols is all. The last occurence of it was when I ran a Chinese .srt through google translate, and it all came out like that.

I have something of an answer to my own question. Should be of general interest since there are probably thousands of these bad .srts up on subtitle cat where someone autotranslated then posted the result without even looking inside.

Anyway, that symbol is some kind of unicode that means a proper character could not be found.

Looking at the Chinese sub that converted into a series of those symbols, what is there is not Chinese. It isn't anything. Sample:

00:02:18,700 --> 00:02:26,900
±»ÇÖ·¸µÄCA

00:03:37,666 --> 00:03:40,433
¾ÃµÈÁË
ÄãºÃÍí°¡

00:03:41,366 --> 00:03:48,066
¶Ô²»Æð ·ÉÏÓеãÈû³µ

00:03:50,166 --> 00:03:52,833
Äã²»ÀÛÂð£¿

00:03:53,366 --> 00:03:58,066
ÎÒÐÝÏ¢ÁËÒ»Íí ûÊÂÁË

No idea what this is or how it got that way. Best guess is something went wrong when converting from hardsub to softsub.

Last edited:

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I also found several movies with that AI translation. When I found it, usually the meaning "teasing" or "make you excited" is the most appropriate considering the context, like "I am going to tease your nipples"
Interesting. @maelstrom9999 said he seen during a gangbang scene. I've seen bullying in Chinese subs doing such scenes. Teasing I guess can be that as well???
I don't know really. I just don't watch many of those types to be certain.
But anyways, that's good useful information :D

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I have something of an answer to my own question. Should be of general interest since there are probably thousands of these bad .srts up on subtitle cat where someone autotranslated then posted the result without even looking inside.

Anyway, that symbol is some kind of unicode that means a proper character could not be found.

Looking at the Chinese sub that converted into a series of those symbols, what is there is not Chinese. It isn't anything. Sample:

00:02:18,700 --> 00:02:26,900
±»ÇÖ·¸µÄCA

00:03:37,666 --> 00:03:40,433
¾ÃµÈÁË
ÄãºÃÍí°¡

00:03:41,366 --> 00:03:48,066
¶Ô²»Æð ·ÉÏÓеãÈû³µ

00:03:50,166 --> 00:03:52,833
Äã²»ÀÛÂð£¿

00:03:53,366 --> 00:03:58,066
ÎÒÐÝÏ¢ÁËÒ»Íí ûÊÂÁË

No idea what this is or how it got that way. Best guess is something went wrong when converting from hardsub to softsub.
It's possible your Subtitle Edit or Ageisub encoding setting is wrong??? Have you check it recently?

encode2.jpg

sadpandajav

Jun 27, 2022
Has anyone figured out a way to get VSF to work for the new batch of Chinese subtitles released this month? The changing colors and transition used on each line has broken its ability to effectively capture the images needed to OCR the subs?

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
It's possible your Subtitle Edit or Ageisub encoding setting is wrong??? Have you check it recently?

View attachment 2964137

No, because all that gibberish I posted is IN the .srt file that came in the zip file of 28,000+ Chinese subs which was posted here awhile back. It is SNIS-035 in this case, so anyone who has that zip file will find the same thing in SNIS-035. Also, like I said, I've downloaded well over 10 .srts from subtitlecat which had that weird symbol, meaning they were probably translated from .srts which contained nothing but gibberish.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
No, because all that gibberish I posted is IN the .srt file that came in the zip file of 28,000+ Chinese subs which was posted here awhile back. It is SNIS-035 in this case, so anyone who has that zip file will find the same thing in SNIS-035. Also, like I said, I've downloaded well over 10 .srts from subtitlecat which had that weird symbol, meaning they were probably translated from .srts which contained nothing but gibberish.
You should check that thread again. I remember(maybe?) someone had the same question and I believe someone had the answer for them???
Again that's a maybe lol;)
It's worth checking too see.

Or you can leave a question with https://www.akiba-online.com/forums/tech-support.88/
Tell them the problem, where and when you download it, and what's going on. Give them a screen shot of it too.

Anything is worth trying, even if they can't help you :D

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
Thanks for the suggestion. I may do that. But for now, I'll point out that I'm going through the 28,000+ Chinese sub file ZIP, and it's easy to find more.

So for example, just under SNIS, after SNIS-035 with the gibberish inside, I started looking through them one by one. About half of them contain Chinese characters and are translatable. The other half contain nonsense and if you try to translate them, you get only ���ַ���, which is not hard to predict since what is in those files is not language.

Then I wondered if it's an issue just with the SNIS series. So I checked another common series, MIAD. The first two in series MIAD128 and 458, were fine. Then I check MIAD501, and here's the first three lines as a sample.

00:00:01,160 --> 00:00:10,660
°f3P®õ?¯D¤Ñ?

00:01:20,030 --> 00:01:21,530
§A¦n

00:01:21,800 --> 00:01:23,930
§Ú¬O¯u?¡A§Ú¬O¤s¤â?

I have no idea what percentage of those Chinese soft subs are like this but I'm beginning to think it's a crap ton. Like maybe a third or half of them. I can't possibly be the first person to notice this.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Thanks for the suggestion. I may do that. But for now, I'll point out that I'm going through the 28,000+ Chinese sub file ZIP, and it's easy to find more.

So for example, just under SNIS, after SNIS-035 with the gibberish inside, I started looking through them one by one. About half of them contain Chinese characters and are translatable. The other half contain nonsense and if you try to translate them, you get only ���ַ���, which is not hard to predict since what is in those files is not language.

Then I wondered if it's an issue just with the SNIS series. So I checked another common series, MIAD. The first two in series MIAD128 and 458, were fine. Then I check MIAD501, and here's the first three lines as a sample.

°f3P®õ?¯D¤Ñ?

§A¦n

§Ú¬O¯u?¡A§Ú¬O¤s¤â?

I have no idea what percentage of those Chinese soft subs are like this but I'm beginning to think it's a crap ton. Like maybe a third or half of them. I can't possibly be the first person to notice this.
Possibly.
You could try leaving a message to the person(s) who created the pack and see what they say. They might haves solution.

Could also be a problem with the server(s) or someone did batch OCRs and didn't bother to look at the subs? So many things could have happen.

That's why grabbing subs from others is never 100%. You kinda have to expect these things. That's why I do my own.
My mistakes annoys me but I can tolerate it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mxtwo

Mar 25, 2007

°f3P®õ?¯D¤Ñ?

§A¦n

§Ú¬O¯u?¡A§Ú¬O¤s¤â?

Try open the original file in Notepad++ (free editor). If you then see the chinese symbols, you can change there the encoding to UTF-8 and safe it, and after that you can open it in SubtitleEdit for further adjustments (if needed). If you do not see the chinese symbols in Notepad++, then the file is beyond repair as far as i know.

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
Try open the original file in Notepad++ (free editor). If you then see the chinese symbols, you can change there the encoding to UTF-8 and safe it, and after that you can open it in SubtitleEdit for further adjustments (if needed). If you do not see the chinese symbols in Notepad++, then the file is beyond repair as far as i know.

Yep, that is the exact problem. I am opening all these in notepad, and they are coming up gibberish.

If anyone else has the zip file of 28,000+ Chinese soft subs, please check those titles I mentioned. Check snis35 and miad501, for example. I want to make sure that this isn't a problem on my end somehow.

You don't even need that specific zip file. It is just a compilation of previously posted smaller zips with Chinese soft subs. They have been posted in the substitle posting thread periodically for years. I'm sure you'll find .srts with gibberish in all of these.

composite

Jul 25, 2015

Your warning was prophetic. A 4 hour movie (even JAV) will have more than 437 lines. You can see the actors with a lot of dialogue but there's only 1 or 2 words of subtitling. (shrug). Thanks anyway!

• Haha