Video lagging

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

musclewarrior

Nov 5, 2008
I have downloaded different videos from torrents all videos are in different formats but, each of the vid player I try to play them in laggs and freezes up and laggs! Anyone have any suggestions. I have theses players

VLC
WMV
Real Player
WMC
quicktime

none have worked so far!

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
If the video lags, it's surely because your computer is not powerful enough to handle it. But it's (maybe) an encoding problem... You should at least tell us what kind of codec is used. (Though i'm pretty sure you're watching mkv files encoded with h264/x264 codec...)

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
If the video lags, it's surely because your computer is not powerful enough to handle it. But it's (maybe) an encoding problem... You should at least tell us what kind of codec is used. (Though i'm pretty sure you're watching mkv files encoded with h264/x264 codec...)

I'd say this is pretty much dead on.

My old computer was pretty underpowered. Anytime I tried to play HD or higher res vids I got extremely choppy playback (If I even got playback at all).

If your computer has a very old processor or video card this would absolutely explain the video issues.

But, like akuma2002 says, If you can give us a bit more info we may be able to get a more concrete answer.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Actually it sounds like a codec problem to me but I wouldn't be surprised if I am wrong. Try updating VLC and make sure you have the latest K-Lite Codec pack downloaded. Having too many codecs installed can cause problems, your players may not be using the right ones so you end up getting an audio lag or the video skips. I would ditch real player myself. Also I would recommend a registry cleaner, there are plenty of free ones out there but I can give you a link to one if you wish. Running Spybot might not be a bad idea either, there is no telling if any spyware or maleware may be interfering with your computers performance so it is always a good idea to check that out as well.

rawdawg

Nov 20, 2008
Also, check to see what other programs are running in the background. You might be having memory issues. Using msconfig and turning off non-essential programs helps a lot with memory issues. Also if you use CCleaner like me theres an option to disable some progams on startup which again helps.

I have a touch kohjinsha tablet computer that I bought 3 yrs ago that has a lowly 600mhz processor and 1 gb of memory max and it can play just about anything. If vlc lags, I just use WMP classic and it plays. Of course I make sure to turn off any other programs like my browsers or torrent clients but it works fine.

And do follow the codec advice. If its still slow, try converting it to .mp4 - That helps with playback a lot too.