Things that piss you off.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
That ultra thin commercial grade toilet paper that tears really easy. Its as though someone invented this stuff to discourage customers from using the facilities.Usually commercial grade stuff is pretty good.For example commercial grade power tools, commercial grade cookware. commercial grade stoves and so on are usually better than the stuff you buy for home use .But for some reason they fucked up when they made that ultra thin commercial grade toilet paper.

and its also the best because either your shit seeps through it really fast, forcing you to use twice as much and defeating the purpose of it being thin, or, it is deceptively hard and scratchy...

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
Ice cream trucks that play "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" Muzak style in June. :donotwant:

Manaphy2007

Awesome guy
Feb 19, 2009
clicking the close button once to close one of however many tabs i opened closes 2 or more tabs :donotwant::coldsweat::yell: and also applies to microwaves, pressing one number once registers as 2 presses (WTF? i only pressed once)

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
People who insist on going to a restaurant 5-10 minutes before it closes. All these people are doing is making the restaurant owner is lose money and pissing off the staff who have to stay later to cook and clean up. I could maybe understand if the restaurant was packed to the brim because then it wouldn't matter if people showed up late or maybe if there was 20 of more people in that group or if its a small group of people that ordered the most expensive things on the menu and ordered a shit load of alcoholic beverages.

taragang_saru

Jul 15, 2010
1. Eating crabs. It's too much of a hassle to get to the flesh and it doesn't even taste very good (in my opinion anyway).

2. Techno music in any IV. It totally destroys the intimate mood.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
The news media doing stupid shit like airing how criminals were caught, giving criminals their 15 minutes of fame or something else just as stupid. For example I was listening to the news yesterday and they did a story of how a inmate in a transport van called 911 to report two criminals who fled the transport van, they show his name and picture and I was wonder are these people in the media intentionally trying to get that man killed?I do not know about Japan or other countries but in the US prisons 'snitching' is considered a grave offense or extremely taboo in prison and will get you killed. I have also watched the news and the revealed how cops use an uncommon practice to capture those with warrants, which is also equally stupid because now the police will not be able to use that same trick to catch those with warrants due to the media blabbing how the cops caught those people. And the other day they showed videos of the Navy yard shooter going moving around in a hallway looking for people to kill. Don't these people in the media have a conscience or some common sense?

Reactions: 1 person

Bisbisb

Jul 25, 2013
The news media doing stupid shit like airing how criminals were caught, giving criminals their 15 minutes of fame or something else just as stupid. For example I was listening to the news yesterday and they did a story of how a inmate in a transport van called 911 to report two criminals who fled the transport van, they show his name and picture and I was wonder are these people in the media intentionally trying to get that man killed?

If you mean 'SmokingGun' stories, they are all staged or based on (supposedly) true stories in order to teach stupid people how to behave. Old TV shows like Dragnet used to do the same thing, but at least you knew it was only a dramatization. SmokingGun doesn't tell you.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
If you mean 'SmokingGun' stories, they are all staged or based on (supposedly) true stories in order to teach stupid people how to behave. Old TV shows like Dragnet used to do the same thing, but at least you knew it was only a dramatization. SmokingGun doesn't tell you.

I am talking about actual news stories.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Internet browsers putting in what I call snitch-ware. I realize that some of these things are for idiots to have some sort of convenience. But at the same time its as though they are trying to make so that someone without any computer know-how can track you or steak your info.When I type into a search engine or URL or open a new tab I do not want previous searches,photos, videos or previously visited or typed URLs showing up. I do not want to have to do a web search on how to disable those snitch features. One would think that selecting "firefox will never remember history" in the options or some other similar feature on another browser would be a big fucking clue that I do not want previously visited stuff appearing in my opened new tabs, previously visited or typed URLs in my URL bar or my search engine trying to recommend me something after typing a letter or two.

I also when I click don't remember history in the settings tab no one should be able to click on history near the upper right hand corner and see the previous images I looked at or websites I visited,even after I checked the clear browsers history after closing firefox box. I should need to spend time looking on the interest so I can mess around with about config options.

Last edited:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
It is not exactly snitch-ware but I feel ya bro, I feel ya. I hate everything you just mentioned. I use Tor browser which is basically a somewhat outdated Firefox platform and has the same exact annoyances.

So let us set up your browser proper like:

click tools, options, advanced, general and unclick "check my spelling as I type" (I really hate that one)

click tool, options, privacy, location bar and choose the option "nothing"

You can actually delete the search engine from your Navigation Toolbar by clicking View, Toolbars and customize. I don't because Torbrowser comes with 9 different search engines in the toolbar which is kinda handy. You can easily clear your history there after using it by right clicking inside the toobar and choosing the "Clear Search History" option.

I would also suggest: click tools, options, security and unclick the the "Block" options. It is not a browsers place to tell me where to surf.

Also when it comes to "never remember history" you need to manually clear that at least once and make sure every option is checked.

Browsers are always competing with one another and sometimes the end results seems to be a bunch of unneccesary crap added on. I also suggest CCleaner which is small and handy piece of software which keeps your computer uncluttered with your recent browser history and other windows spyware. A lot of computer techs actually suggest this to increase computer performance.

www.piriform.com/cleaner

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
This is how to turn off the visited sites thumbnails on a new tab in firefox.

If you are concerned about your privacy, you can turn this feature off completely:

In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
Type browser.newtab.url in the search box.
Double-click the browser.newtab.url preference and change the url from about:newtab to about:blank. Alternately, you can change it to about:home for the Firefox Google home page, or type in your preferred home page, for example google.com.
Click OK and close the about:config tab.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
This is how to turn off the visited sites thumbnails on a new tab in firefox.

That is funny, I never get those anyway. I do see an option to allow "newtab" in Noscript when I view a blank tab but I never investigated it by allowing a javascript exception for it. I haven't seen the need to tweak the about:config in Firefox like I did way back when I used Opera.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Retail store web sites advertising products for other sites. Advertising other stores' products not sold in your stores does not make shopping easier.If I go to wal-mart website I only want to see walmart store products, I do not want to check off the dozen or so other stores that do not sell shit at walmart.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
.....Never saw "miracle on 34th Street" huh?

TravelingWind

That Bastard
Jun 27, 2012
I hate feminists with the passion of thousand white hot suns.

If i was a god i'd lock them all in tarter-us and play "Show me your genitals Part 2: E=MC' non-stop

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Transformer toys that don't transform. The whole point of Transformers is that they are robots that transform into something. What made Hasbro think that this was good idea to make transformer toys that don't transform?Did they think that nerds who like transformer would buy any figurine or toy with the the Transformer's logo on it.What made Hasbro say "Hey lets make a Optimus Prime or Galvatron toy that doesn't transform"? I realize teenagers and adults who are fans will look at the package and say "I'm not buying this shit". But I am sure there are lots of parents who don't know what Transformers are. All those parents know is that their kid wants a transformer toy and these parents will buy the transformer toys that don't transform. Getting a transformers toy that doesn't transformer would be like walking into a Hooters and every waitress is flat chested or going to a steak house only to be served tofu.

Last edited:

yellowhitey

Jan 25, 2009
what's starting to annoy me more nowadays is waiting in line in grocery check stand or counter aisles and the person behind you literally gets into your space when the line isn't moving yet. I'm like, "do you see me moving up? Gimme some space here man!"