Things that piss you off.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

illuminatus3

Akiba Citizen
Oct 9, 2007
I do! I can't discriminate in favor of any adult group except the mentally & physically disabled (I should use the proper term - challenged). Most societies expect wisdom to come with age, but then we try to be overly understanding when it's lacking. Yes, grandmas & grandpas move to different countries to spend time with their children and their grandchildren. But, the new country is a part of their children and grandchildren. If they don't take interest, be it learning the language, the politics, ins and out, then they also miss out on said children and grandchildren. Yes, it's good to share the old country and the old ways, but why stop there. I see more rifts between gm & gp and their children/grandchildren everywhere. "Learning only stops when you're dead"

Unfortunately, I see too many gm & gp holding to old ways only and not willing to adjust....what's the point of living? Why do I want to look in the mirror all the time, and see no change? It gets boring after a while.

Yes, I hate someone going to a different country and not getting past their clique or narrow vision.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
Assholes who speed in parking lots!!

shadeofgray

Sep 22, 2009
^ I hope you're not hatin' on the grandmas and grandpas who do that, though! :( Lots of elderly people move to a foreign country to be with their children and to see their grandchildren. They don't get out of the house very often and find comfort in talking with fellow expatriates -- both because of the warmth it brings to hear one's native tongue spoken so eloquently and because of the ease with which conversation is then made possible.

I agree with you, but Illuminatus3 (3 posts up) does have a point. Grandparents would be much closer to their grandchildren if they took greater interest in their grandkids lives and that means learning the ''new ways'', than they would be by simply living just a few blocks down the street. Kids are in most cases self-centered, insensitive little bastards and you can't expect from them to make the first step and learn the ''old ways'', so it's up to the grandparents to adapt. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world, but than again it would be boring if we do.

-----------------------------------------

I'm pissed off at people who talk shit about science and technology but seem to have no problem in using the advantages they offer in everyday life.

Majority of today's youth who seem to take pride in their own stupidity, who listen to trivial music devoid of any meaning, who watch mind-numbingly retarded films that have absolutely no redeeming value but nonetheless have never ending number of sequels. And the industry that keeps them ignorant and happy.

The today's media that is only concerned about sensationalism, and doesn't worry itself with objectivity since it isn't spectacular. They seem to operate only on the principle of ''give the people their meat'' and don't seem to care that they are tying people in apathy.

People who believe in superstitions.

Tobacco smoking (either alone or together with various substances), self-righteous vegans who preach about the suffering of animals but don't seem to care about it when their own enjoyment is concerned. How many dogs were forced to smoke your cigarettes?

Trendy human rights activists who want to raise the awareness of modern day slavery in the US by using the popularity of coffee shops to advertise their noble cause there. Coffee!? Countless number of people were brought from Africa to the Caribbean to work as slaves on coffee and sugar plantations owned by the European masters during the time of the colonies. And even today there are a large number of people working for meager wages in slave-like conditions in coffee plantations in Latin America and Africa. Bringing attention to the problem of modern day slavery by at the same time relishing the fruits of their misery and pain? Indeed. I don't mean to be negative Nancy, it's just that I'm in a grouchy mood (reading this thread didn't help).

''If only I could make the gesture real, if only I could grab you all by the throat.''

kady

Nov 7, 2009
i hate it when i'm trying to catch the bus and drivers act like they don't see me and keep driving.

Manaphy2007

Awesome guy
Feb 19, 2009
for me its slow computers (especially when it becomes unresponsive for a long time) and slow internet connections :distressed:->:dozingoff:->:crash:

Blackmarrow

Mar 28, 2009
hypocrites and liars, i hate them both equally but when they fuse and you get a lying hypocrite i just lost it, one of the few things that makes my blood boil with rage.:furious:

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
1: Gay is fine.
2: Use adblock.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
For me it's a huge turn off to see that raging hardon as i'm browsing the site enjoying all the beauties that members post here.
I suppose we could use these less graphic images to pander to your sensibilities!
name004.jpg

post71189078759.jpg

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
I hate those photos of erections in the "penis size enhancement" advertisements on A-O. Do they really need the money so bad that they put these huge photos up? I wonder if they are actually a violation of the site rules as they seem so gay. For me it's a huge turn off to see that raging hardon as i'm browsing the site enjoying all the beauties that members post here.

Firefox and adblock plus. Heck I even use adblock plus on some of the custom avatars that I find objectionable or disturbing.

BudKona

Nov 18, 2008
Sounds like Adblock might be useful although I hope it doesn't block all ads on A-O as many of them are great links.

thanks

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
What really pisses me off is the guy who stole my 500 DVD\s and two full 250 GB drives of JAV collections from me.
If we are gonna hunt him down we can narrow the search to only include guys whose forearms look like this!
.​
bigforearms.gif

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Flashlights in games that are apparently technologically advanced enough to recharge by itself, but not advanced enough to last more than 15 seconds.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Sounds like Adblock might be useful although I hope it doesn't block all ads on A-O as many of them are great links.

thanks

When you install the ad-block you do not have to subscribe to any link list. You can always right click on a ad or image you find objectionable and select "Ab-block plus: block inmage...". When the Add-block filter rule thing pops up you can select "custom" to only block that particular ad or image.

RickyDicky

Dec 27, 2007
The same movie being posted over and over in the same forum. People who don't search to find if a movie has already been posted. Fucking Hotfail.
Yukari Nakai KU-030 has been posted three times on Hotfail, twice on RS and once on MU.

My apologies for being a leech. Thanks gracious posters.

BudKona

Nov 18, 2008
When you install the ad-block you do not have to subscribe to any link list. You can always right click on a ad or image you find objectionable and select "Ab-block plus: block inmage...". When the Add-block filter rule thing pops up you can select "custom" to only block that particular ad or image.

Excellent... that will work fine for me. Thanks again for your help.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
The Divinity 2: Ego Draconis "ending"...

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
What pisses me off is Windows 7 an 64 bit edition and Vista 64 bit edition have driver signing enforcement thus forcing me to either use manually turn it off every time I reboot or us a 3rd party program to do that for me.If a program is going to have compatibility issues then let me find out for myself or if it does or doesn't work then there is this thing called "uninstall". And the fact that Vista and windows 7 took out the GUI with the disk defragmenter, although at least windows 7 put in something to let you know about the progress so that you at least have some idea when it is going to finish..