Share FAQ

johnlocke2342

Sep 28, 2007
Sounds like it might be a problem with your cluster words. What words are you using? Does a search turn up the video?

No, the problem is that I misunderstood the tutorial.
I understood that triggers made the search by themselves then I tried by doing a search and now it works well, but it's not downloading that fast.

Caotics

★ Black Paper Moon ★
Jul 30, 2008
Edit:

Nevermind Got Everthing Working Now
:snicker2:

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
No, the problem is that I misunderstood the tutorial. I understood that triggers made the search by themselves then I tried by doing a search and now it works well, but it's not downloading that fast.
Triggers often will automatically pop up in the downloads window, but sometimes you do have to run a search as well to make sure you get the file. What was the date on the video in the Queries window? Fresh downloads can be blazingly fast, but older videos are usually slower.

nanoka

Jul 20, 2008
Hello, i have a little problem, it looks like my share has filled up the whole 32000 keys and now it won't find/download anything anymore....

is there a way to clean up old keys from the key manager or something like that? :wait: :abandoned2:

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Hello, i have a little problem, it looks like my share has filled up the whole 32000 keys and now it won't find/download anything anymore.... is there a way to clean up old keys from the key manager or something like that? :wait: :abandoned2:
You can use the OneCacheDelete plugin to delete both Cache and hash entries in your DB.

degoldro

Feb 1, 2008
Is there any way to download files with the same size only once? I have synonym OFF, but there are lots of files with different hashes/names and same size. The problem is once file is downloaded it seems impossible to filter out new orange files with same size...

For example, I want to download all movies with 麻美ゆま. I set clusters, triggers, get about 200 orange files, sort them by size and start to double click from top to bottom. If I see files with same size - I double click only one with the most Cache Amount. After couple of hours on 100 mbit I have many files downloaded and lots of new orange files. I do not see files with "Complete" status in Queries tab, so I can not filter out new orange files with same size. More over, filesize on my computer and in share is different for the same file. In other words, once I downloaded the file - I have lost all information about its size. And if I double click new file with different hash and same size it will start to download - I do not need that)

The perfect solution would be to have a filter or plugin to remember the filesize of just downloaded file and
1. delete all currently available files with the same size from Queries tab and Download tab (if any)
2. do not allow new files with the same size in Queries tab
Any ideas?

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Unfortunately your solution is not a perfect solution. There is no effective way to track files based solely on filesize: it is possible for two completely different files to have the same file size, and it is possible the exact same file to be packaged in two different ways (eg: one ZIP, one RAR) and therefore have two different file sizes.

When a trigger matches a query, it is moved to the download queue only if the file does not already exist in the DB, at which point an entry for the file is added to the DB. This effectively means that file-tracking is done using the hash (such that no hash is downloaded twice, unless you remove it from the DB). It may be arcane, but as soon as a matching query is added to the download, you can simply delete the download -- the item is still saved in the DB, and Share knows not to download it again (not that it was downloaded in the first place, since you deleted the download).

Of course, keep in mind that queries made inside Share are never accurate. A much better method is to use a trigger DB site like keydb.jpn.ch or sharedb.info. Perform your search there. With keydb, choose the コピペ用 option, then select and copy the entire list. With sharedb, just click the このページのキー情報を全部コピー button at the end. Then in Share, go to the triggers tab and click Paste. All the files will be added as separate triggers, and as soon as one of them is found and moved to the downloads, you can go back and delete any other similar triggers. It may not be automated, but it ensures you won't download duplicate files, and you won't mistakenly skip unique files that have the same filesize.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Are you sure Share isn't already converting another file? It can only convert one file at a time. Please also ensure you have enough disk space where your download folder is located.

If you're still having trouble, you can close and restart Share. Or use a separate convert plugin like CacheDumpExEro.

degoldro

Feb 1, 2008
Thanks for "It can only convert one file at a time"
After investigation I found Avira denied access to one of just downloaded files and Share placed all new downloaded files in a queue with "waiting" status.

Inca

Feb 27, 2007
Before I convert an incomplete file with cachedumpexpro, I want to make sure it wont affect the download.
I've been missing 5 blocks from a file for weeks now, If I dump these blocks and convert, will the download show complete and go away? Or does it stay in the download section, in case the remaining blocks show up?

Also, it's an ISO file, does anyone have experience in converting an incomplete ISO file? Obviously, it will be missing info. But will it still mount?

Thanks for any answers.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
You are talking about cachedumpexero with an e, right? The ISO will still be in your cache and visible in the download window. I think that you might have trouble mounting an incomplete file, but you still might be able to view it if it's an ISO of a video DVD.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
As Fuurin said, the ISO will still remain in your cache, and CacheDumpExEro will not affect its download status.

You can actually mount an incomplete ISO, but the video data inside (VOB) will of course be incomplete or "damaged". Depending on where the missing blocks are, you will probably have some corrupt video, and will probably have trouble viewing any content that is supposed to appear after the corrupt blocks.

In related news, keydb.jpn.ch has ceased operation.

Inca

Feb 27, 2007
Yeah I meant ExEro:cool:

Thanks for the answers guys.

So I did manage to convert and mount the ISO file after dumping the blocks. And it plays fine until it gets to the missing info, at which point mpc freezes, then plays the remaining file.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
The webmaster of keydb.jpn.ch decided to take it offline. The Winny Search engine hashdb.com now includes Share hashes, but www.sharedb.info seems to have more recent hashes for now. I hope bs.sharedb.info comes back online, because they seemed to have the widest collection of hashes.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
The webmaster of keydb.jpn.ch decided to take it offline. The Winny Search engine hashdb.com now includes Share hashes, but www.sharedb.info seems to have more recent hashes for now. I hope bs.sharedb.info comes back online, because they seemed to have the widest collection of hashes.

I could find an archive with all the database of keydb.jpn.ch, done by a japanese guy and dated from 28.01.2009, so it's quite complete.

It comes with a full set of installation software (apache,sql, etc) in order to be able to use the database files (many text files, total 645 MB unzipped !). I didn't try that yet, I can make a direct download link if someone is interested.

cutemaster

☆℃-ute☆スマイレージ☆
Aug 8, 2008
I could find an archive with all the database of keydb.jpn.ch, done by a japanese guy and dated from 28.01.2009, so it's quite complete.

It comes with a full set of installation software (apache,sql, etc) in order to be able to use the database files (many text files, total 645 MB unzipped !). I didn't try that yet, I can make a direct download link if someone is interested.

I " m interest in that db, Please tell me link. :please:

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Had a quick cache question in regards to Share.

I know if you set the quota lower on the cache folder, it should clear some cache. But what if you wanted to clear cache from old downloads, but keep the cache from the remaining downloads that never finished? how can that be done?
I deleted the cache in my folder thinking it was just cache for uploads of past sets. I didn’t loose much, just a few downloads. I always wondered why the cache gets left behind from finished downloads. The quota I know I can set a bit lower to keep the folder from getting too large (if I was to keep some of it for up loaders), but I read somewhere on here that if you set the quota too low Share will start deleting your downloads. I would imagine this would only be a concern if you were downloading many files? ...not 4 or 5 on an 80GB cache folder setting?

Thanks

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Had a quick cache question in regards to Share.

I know if you set the quota lower on the cache folder, it should clear some cache. But what if you wanted to clear cache from old downloads, but keep the cache from the remaining downloads that never finished? how can that be done?
I deleted the cache in my folder thinking it was just cache for uploads of past sets. I didn’t loose much, just a few downloads. I always wondered why the cache gets left behind from finished downloads. The quota I know I can set a bit lower to keep the folder from getting too large (if I was to keep some of it for up loaders), but I read somewhere on here that if you set the quota too low Share will start deleting your downloads. I would imagine this would only be a concern if you were downloading many files? ...not 4 or 5 on an 80GB cache folder setting?

Thanks

Use OneCacheDelete plugin (attached below).

Install the plugin like normal; you may need to restart Share for it to load. Then browse through your files by making queries (you can show only local files by toggling Remote in the Queries tab). Right click the files you want to delete, and choose the new キャッシュ+DB削除 (Delete from Cache and DB) option. Refresh the query and check your cache folder to confirm the file has been removed.

Of course, you should try to get the plugin from directly inside Share (search for it using sharedb.info and add TESTER_WORKS to your clusters).